Active Bomb Threat outside Library of Congress *update* Times Square possibly too

• silentbob changed the title to Active Bomb Threat outside Library of Congress

This is sort of who we are now. We're no longer satisfied disagreeing with each other. We now need to threaten to blow up everyone who disagrees with us. A few months from now, they won't even be threats any more. We'll just randomly blow up people we don't like and then watch the news about how no one saw it coming.

• Sad 1

• silentbob changed the title to Active Bomb Threat outside Library of Congress *update* Times Square possibly too
55 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

"Now"?!?!

My man - the founders of this country started a guerrilla insurgency over taxes.  And they were the relatively well-off elite.

This is who we always have been and always will be.

In fact -- let's be honest: is what this guy is doing REALLY all that substantively different than what the so-called Founding Fathers did?

1 hour ago, brucoe said:

This is sort of who we are now. We're no longer satisfied disagreeing with each other. We now need to threaten to blow up everyone who disagrees with us. A few months from now, they won't even be threats any more. We'll just randomly blow up people we don't like and then watch the news about how no one saw it coming.

Please don't pretend like this comes from "both sides" of the political divide... when you see something like this happening, EVERYONE has an image in mind of who the perpatrator is and what their ideological viewpoint is. It's ususally pretty much this.

29 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

In fact -- let's be honest: is what this guy is doing REALLY all that substantively different than what the so-called Founding Fathers did?

Very plausibly, yes? I don't even know what this asshats goals actually are, do you? The founding fathers had meaningful goals that they actually made good on and I feel pretty confident this isn't a guy who can make meaningful change for better or worse. Instead he's just making a mess of things.

15 minutes ago, legend said:

Very plausibly, yes? I don't even know what this asshats goals actually are, do you? The founding fathers had meaningful goals that they actually made good on and I feel pretty confident this isn't a guy who can make meaningful change for better or worse. Instead he's just making a mess of things.

Sure - I'll absolutely grant you that!