Behold the latest masterpiece from Rob Freakin' Liefeld

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

Gotta love the fact that all the guys have, what seems like, a huge rolled up pair of socks bulges in their suits. Sort of makes my head hurt looking at some of the portions going on there

Man. For a Liefeld drawing, it's conservative. Definitely not the worse he's ever done. But, and I am not a professional artist, it still bothers me how he gets basic things wrong all over the place.

Like why are these guys neck muscles attached solely to their left collar bone? Hell I'm pretty sure their whole spines are just completely off-center.

0owRxXR.jpg

Or why is it this lady's right shoulder is raised, and yet her right boob is severely drooped compared to her left? Which direction is her chest leaning? Rob can't decide.

W6uo0aW.jpg

It's like even if you can't immediately tell what's wrong, something always looks off. Sometimes it takes a minute to figure out why. Are the heads too big? The chests too wide? It's hard to pin down, but subconsciously you know it's something.

12 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Okay I don’t know anything about this book, I’ll see if I can guess the characters abilities based on how Leifeld has drawn them.

FLYGIRL - Survived spinabifida!

CAPTAIN COMMANDO - Can’t really see him, but I imagine it’s a diet Deadpool who shares a name with a Capcom character because Leifeld can’t be bothered to google things!

JAGUAR - Has the pointiest dick you can possibly imagine! So pointy!

BLACK HOOD - Ocular proptosis gives him the ability to see the future but nothing else!

COMET AND LANCELOT STRONG: Had a few ribs removed so they can suck their own dicks!

FOX - His rectal prolapse is so intense he can cause it in others!

Together they form… TEAM TINY FISTS

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Reputator said:

Man. For a Liefeld drawing, it's conservative. Definitely not the worse he's ever done. But, and I am not a professional artist, it still bothers me how he gets basic things wrong all over the place.

Like why are these guys neck muscles attached solely to their left collar bone? Hell I'm pretty sure their whole spines are just completely off-center.

0owRxXR.jpg

Or why is it this lady's right shoulder is raised, and yet her right boob is severely drooped compared to her left? Which direction is her chest leaning? Rob can't decide.

W6uo0aW.jpg

It's like even if you can't immediately tell what's wrong, something always looks off. Sometimes it takes a minute to figure out why. Are the heads too big? The chests too wide? It's hard to pin down, but subconsciously you know it's something.

It bugs me that a guy that's been working in this industry for so long and has been completely unable to improve his artwork in any appreciable way. For most people, just drawing a little everyday is enough to increase the quality of their work. How has decades of practice not helped this man at all? It's belligerent arrogance.

4 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

It bugs me that a guy that's been working in this industry for so long and has been completely unable to improve his artwork in any appreciable way. For most people, just drawing a little everyday is enough to increase the quality of their work. How has decades of practice not helped this man at all? It's belligerent arrogance.

Honestly came to say this. If your reputation as an artist is that you can't draw hands and feet, GO TO TAKE SOME LESSONS TO IMPROVE! Seriously why not learn how to do it? Just because you've already made it as a professional doesn't mean you you're above taking lessons, and that you can't still learn a thing or two. You think actors like Leonardo DiCaprio, and Kate Winslet aren't still going to a coach every now and then to improve their crazy? Sure it's not the same acting workshops accessible to the general public for people just getting an interest in the art, but I'm sure they have a private coach to help them. 

On 7/1/2021 at 7:00 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

fyea.gif

:lol: I actually just got finished reading this book on the toilet. Had no idea it was coming out and of COURSE i grabbed it when I saw it at the comic store this week mostly because I love the Archie Superhero characters (who are really ripoffs ofther characters from other publishers) I had no idea Lifeld did the WHOLE BOOK when I bought it and thought he had just done the cover. I've given up pointing out the flaws in his art. The dude is clearly self taught and never bothered to go beyond that. He's the Kevin Smith of the comics' industry.

8 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

:lol: I actually just got finished reading this book on the toilet. Had no idea it was coming out and of COURSE i grabbed it when I saw it at the comic store this week mostly because I love the Archie Superhero characters (who are really ripoffs ofther characters from other publishers) I had no idea Lifeld did the WHOLE BOOK when I bought it and thought he had just done the cover. I've given up pointing out the flaws in his art. The dude is clearly self taught and never bothered to go beyond that. He's the Kevin Smith of the comics' industry.

At least he got He-Man to look like He-Man. I just notice that Flygirl seems to also support a flat cookie sheet athletic cup for her outfit too. That, or she had the same bulge as everyone else and lopped it off, after realizing it was a sausage party of “heroes”