Cocksure successful youtuber "debates" streamer with smaller audience, has rough day

I liked how Klein was like "I'm not a debater and I'm also an idiot." Relatable. Like I hate getting into debates with conservatives who are really good at debating. Anyone who's good at debating can come up with all kinds of shit. I can't remember what I ate for dinner last night.

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Debates are utterly useless nonsense that no one gives a damn about other than liberals and debate club nerds.

We should go back to measured responses. Like for example, presidential debates would be a months long process after the primaries where each candidate makes an alternating statement every Tuesday and Friday where they can fact check what the other person said while providing their own shit. I would find that much more informative than a live debate in which debate skills and optics matter much more than being correct.

2 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

Crowder isn’t even worthy of a rocket to the sun because that would actually be an accomplishment.  

I’m fine with someone like him unlocking the “first death in the corona” achievement as long as it establishes a precedent. 

• Haha 1

The beautiful thing about this (for anyone who didn't watch the clip or is out of the loop) is over the years Crowder's always fashioned this perception of himself in the minds of his audience as a debate king soley because he confronts freshman college students and anyone else who's inexperienced talking about politics who doesn't know how to prove his bad points wrong as well as he can argue them. 

Seder's always been like "why not debate me, then?" and Crowder's always gone out of his way to dodge it because he KNOWS he'll be publicly flogged as the fraud that he is when he talks to someone not in his echo chamber, anyone who's actually knowledgable. 

So when he and Ethan Klein (who Crowder agrees to debate for being a lesser-known youtuber who doesn't talk much about politics) hatch the prank for him to pop on his stream unannounced, and THAT's the reaction he has (childlike fear, anxiety, cowardice, and some vague anti-semitism at the end), just from Seder appearing and TALKING to him, we're looking at one of the rare instances that a prominent conservative douchebag gets genuine comeuppance.  His fans on his reddit page went apeshit when it happened.  He won't be living this down any time soon :lol:

Also anyone who genuinely thinks argumentation skills (though not relying in debating) aren't important when applicable has most likely been living in privilege, protected from having to deal with high functioning sociopaths, isn't effected by them, etc. It's a take on the level of "knowing philosophy isn't important, man, the golden rule is all you need".  Someone like Crowder might be easy enough to deal with when you see through his shtick, but effective good faith discourse when talking about important topics that impact lives is still important if you don't want to be impacted by people causing harm.  I guess this actually needs to be explained :silly:

8 minutes ago, heydude93 said:

Also anyone who genuinely thinks argumentation skills aren't important when applicable has most likely been living in privilege, protected from having to deal with high functioning sociopaths, or isn't effected by them. It's a take on the level of "knowing philosophy isn't important, man, the golden rule is all you need".  Someone like Crowder might be easy enough to deal with when you see through his shtick, but effective discourse when talking about important topics that impact lives is still important if you don't want to be impacted by people who cause harm.  I guess this needs to be explained :silly:

I'm more of a believer in "direct action" rather than attempting to change someone's mind or to prove someone else wrong.

I would rather just not bother engaging with those with whom I ABSOLUTELY WOULD cause harm to if the opportunity to do so ever presented itself to me.

9 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I'm more of a believer in "direct action" rather than attempting to change someone's mind or to prove someone else wrong.

Once it gets to a point where it can be effective? Exactly.  As the video in the OP shows.  ^_^

9 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I would rather just not bother engaging with those with whom I ABSOLUTELY WOULD cause harm to if the opportunity to do so ever presented itself to me.

Agreed 100%, if only everyone had the luxury of simply getting to avoid harmful/stupid/sociopathic/etc people like Crowder and his fans (and anyone with similar beliefs and social or political power who actually CAN debate at higher levels). And as someone who can't fight with my fist and feet effectively enough, using words to the best of my ability and objective evidence devices like cameras and audio recordings to harm their quality of life before they can harm mine is preferred ^_^

19 minutes ago, heydude93 said:

Did you actually watch it? You think footage of Crowder being karma-slapped is a waste of time? Why?

I watched some 15 minutes of it up to the point of the big reveal and the yelling over each other and what not.

It is a waste of time because who cares about literally any of these people? Bunch of internet dorks.

On 6/24/2021 at 8:56 AM, sblfilms said:

I watched some 15 minutes of it up to the point of the big reveal and the yelling over each other and what not.

It is a waste of time because who cares about literally any of these people? Bunch of internet dorks.

I haven't watched much H3H3 content yet but regardless the clip is hilarious. i can't tell if you're doing a bad faith advocacy persona rn or somethin  ;) 

Rather than give buffoons like Crowder the time of day, the far better course of action is to engage with the communities that are receptive to his "messaging" (whatever the hell that may be) as well as those communities negatively impacted by it.

THAT is effective direct action, not giving him the "dignity" of actually engaging with him, because as we've seen with The Former Imbecile-in-Chief, ANY publicity is GOOD publicity.

On 6/24/2021 at 8:50 AM, Kal-El814 said:

Literally everything related to Crowder is a waste of time based solely on his involvement.

I get it.  What can I say: before watching certain people trash themselves into the bin permanent irrelevancy I can't help but indulge in my base impulses for schadenfreude via seeing examples being made of them sometimes. I'm a bully like that ^_^ 

• heydude93 changed the title to Cocksure successful youtuber "debates" streamer with smaller audience, has rough day
8 hours ago, heydude93 said:

His fans on his reddit page went apeshit when it happened.

Were they defending him? I can see them going, "How dare they trick Steven into a debate with someone he isn't ready for. What a shady move".

2 minutes ago, Brick said:

Were they defending him? I can see them going, "How dare they trick Steven into a debate with someone he isn't ready for. What a shady move".

Someone compiled screenshots before a lot of the threads on his subreddit were deleted. Saying they were coping would be putting it mildly.

8 hours ago, heydude93 said:

The beautiful thing about this (for anyone who didn't watch the clip or is out of the loop) is over the years Crowder's always fashioned this perception of himself in the minds of his audience as a debate king soley because he confronts freshman college students and anyone else who's inexperienced talking about politics who doesn't know how to prove his bad points wrong as well as he can argue them.

So Ben Shapiro then.