Joe Biden ignores Fox News at his first White House press conference, upsets right-wing media

20 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

The press bitched for like a month that he hadn't done a formal press conference and then asked zero questions about COVID at this one, despite the fact that cases are going back up again. Fuck outta here.

If I remember correctly, after Wilson had a stroke, Edith Wilson kept his true condition a secret from pretty much everyone. I can't look it up right now, but I seem to remember reading that even the vice president didn't know how bad he was. Edith Wilson essentially ran the country for the last year and a half or so of Wilson's presidency. Then there was Reagan. I don't know if we know who exactly was pulling the strings the last couple years of his term, which is why I assume it was probably a committee of Nancy, GHWB, and some of the cabinet.

There's also some who would say that Reagan only *wanted* people to think he was braindead. Pretty sure that's just conspiracy nonsense, though.

On 3/28/2021 at 1:43 AM, Fizzzzle said:

If I remember correctly, after Wilson had a stroke, Edith Wilson kept his true condition a secret from pretty much everyone. I can't look it up right now, but I seem to remember reading that even the vice president didn't know how bad he was. Edith Wilson essentially ran the country for the last year and a half or so of Wilson's presidency. Then there was Reagan. I don't know if we know who exactly was pulling the strings the last couple years of his term, which is why I assume it was probably a committee of Nancy, GHWB, and some of the cabinet.

There's also some who would say that Reagan only *wanted* people to think he was braindead. Pretty sure that's just conspiracy nonsense, though.

you would be correct sir. I remember seeing that about Edith on an episode of Drunk History for their Woman’s Month episode.

On 3/28/2021 at 1:43 AM, Fizzzzle said:

I don't necessarily think that's conspiracy nonsense; I think some people just like to be underestimated. They certainly underestimated Biden for some dumbass reason.

In a conversation with Clinton and Bush, Clinton made a reference to the best thing in politics is being consistently underestimated, and Bush basically acknowledges that's how his political life operated (58:07 if it doesn't timestamp):