Our little war crime is old enough and can now serve in the military to do their own war crimes

36 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

I was in high school. I remember being in my Current Events class (taught by the baseball coach, naturally). We divided up into groups of those who supported or opposed the war. Only 3 of us were against it. Those were some wild times.

If you luv 'merica you'll be on this side of the room!

57 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

I was in high school. I remember being in my Current Events class (taught by the baseball coach, naturally). We divided up into groups of those who supported or opposed the war. Only 3 of us were against it. Those were some wild times.

Civics and government was taught by the weightlifting coach who was a hardcore reaganite who sat down every boy who turned 18 and had them sign up for the selective service so you can probably guess how any such discussions came up in his class.

He was able to prepare me so that I earned a free trip to Washington DC with a pretty cool tour of the State Department courtesy of the American Legion, so he didn't seem too bad at the time. Probably a hardcore chud now though.

23 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Civics and government was taught by the weightlifting coach who was a hardcore reaganite who sat down every boy who turned 18 and had them sign up for the selective service so you can probably guess how any such discussions came up in his class.

He was able to prepare me so that I earned a free trip to Washington DC with a pretty cool tour of the State Department courtesy of the American Legion, so he didn't seem too bad at the time. Probably a hardcore chud now though.

My civics and AP Gov teacher kept a sign on her desk referencing marriage as between one man + one woman. She also told us how she stopped taking her birth control because she found out it actually caused abortion.

The coaches taught Algebra I and Geometry.

Oh yeah, and the guy who taught 7th and 8th grade history/geography was a hardcore Republican. I recently checked his FB and it's full on MAGA conspiracy theory garbage.

My math teacher had naked pictures of his kids on the walls of his class. He wasn't a very good teacher I think I ended up with a D or something in his class and had to retake algebra. But I had a different teacher and got good grades. But when I had to take Algebra II they put me back in his class. :|

Then recently I guess he was touching students inappropriately and resigned (but this news story says they hired him back)

SDA2.jpg
WWW.VOICEOFSANDIEGO.ORG

A teacher accused by 14 students of innappropriate touching at the end of last school year returned to the classroom this year with a stern reprimand – then another student complained about his behavior.

• Guillotine 2

9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

My math teacher had naked pictures of his kids on the walls of his class. He wasn't a very good teacher I think I ended up with a D or something in his class and had to retake algebra. But I had a different teacher and got good grades. But when I had to take Algebra II they put me back in his class. :|

Then recently I guess he was touching students inappropriately and resigned (but this news story says they hired him back)

SDA2.jpg
WWW.VOICEOFSANDIEGO.ORG

A teacher accused by 14 students of innappropriate touching at the end of last school year returned to the classroom this year with a stern reprimand – then another student complained about his behavior.

It took me about five reads of your first sentence to understand what it meant.  

Then I read the second paragraph and I’m back to being unsure.  

Also, let's mot forget that this travesty exists:

sixdaysfallujah-blogroll-1616166832201.j
WWW.IGN.COM

Those with connections to the Second Battle of Fallujah discuss the Middle East in media and mistrust of the US military, and ask who Six Days in Fallujah will empathize with.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2021 at 10:28 PM, thewhyteboar said:

I remember doing that for the 2000 presidential election. 20+ people for Bush, I was the sole Gore guy (in Texas). I just liked Gore’s stance on gay marriage. 🤷🏻‍♂️

7 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Not following it when it happened, the conclusion I come to halfway through this series is we are the terrorists.  

Also fuck the media.

Bush and co should be at The Hague.

Edit: What's up with the doot reaction?