Cuomo: 'At work sometimes I think I am being playful'

I hate to turn this political, but hey, what else is this board for.

Most Democrats I follow on Twitter, from progressive thinkers to elected officials are pretty much like, dude has got to go. And he does. But it makes me angry when a Democratic politician does something contemptible, Democrats and Republicans say they should resign. But when a Republican politician does something awful, it's only Democrats that want to hold them accountable.

tl;dr

Democrat does bad - Democrats and Republicans hold account

Republican does bad - Democrats hold account

It's almost like Democrats want an equal set of standards across the board, regardless of party, and Republicans only want to hold Democrats to the fire.

2 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

Most Democrats I follow on Twitter, from progressive thinkers to elected officials are pretty much like, dude has got to go. And he does. But it makes me angry when a Democratic politician does something contemptible, Democrats and Republicans say they should resign. But when a Republican politician does something awful, it's only Democrats that want to hold them accountable.

tl;dr

It's almost like Democrats want an equal set of standards across the board, regardless of party, and Republicans only want to hold Democrats to the fire.

What at least makes this more palatable is that Cuomo is a piece of shit. But I agree for people like Al Franken, who never should have been forced out.

3 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

tl;dr

Yeah it sucks, it’s just what are you gonna do, you have to get rid of shitheads like Cuomo with the best case just being cleaning our own house so that when we do win elections it’s not just a different type of shithead.

21 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

tl;dr

Norms protect conservatives but do not bind them; they bind liberals but do not protect them

• Thanks 2

For Ms. Ruch, the circumstances were different, her exchange with the governor taking place at a well-attended celebration far from any official setting. In fact, the episode’s highly visible nature made it all the more jarring, she suggested. She recalled Mr. Cuomo moving his hand to the small of her back — exposed in an open-back dress — within moments of their being introduced and shaking hands at the reception.

Ms. Ruch said that touch, on her bare skin, discomfited her. “I promptly removed his hand with my hand, which I would have thought was a clear enough indicator that I was not wanting him to touch me,” she said.

Instead, Ms. Ruch said, Mr. Cuomo called her “aggressive” and placed his hands on her cheeks.

“He said, ‘Can I kiss you?’” Ms. Ruch said. “I felt so uncomfortable and embarrassed when really he is the one who should have been embarrassed.” (A friend captured the exchange in a series of photographs taken on Ms. Ruch’s cellphone.)

Shaken, Ms. Ruch said, she later had to ask a friend if Mr. Cuomo’s lips had made contact with her face as she pulled away. The governor had kissed her cheek, she was told.

I feel like roughly 75% off the current republican platform is whataboutism.

I mean, here comes some whataboutism from me, but whatever...

Cuomo has been the big lead story on Fox News for weeks... they are all so offended about the 12,000 people that died in NY nursing homes and these 3 women that have some forward with claims of inappropriate sexual advances... and yet... Trump. I mean, motherfucking Trump?

Really? If you backed Trump, then shut the fuck up about any of this. YOU MAY NOT SPEAK. YOU MAY NOT WAG YOUR FINGER. You backed a man who is probably single-handedly responsible for at least half of the 500,000+ American COVID deaths, and who has been accused of misconduct by 26 women or whatever the fuck it is. Stop clutching those pearls you dishonest fuckers.

Also, fuck Cuomo. Is this supposed to be some sort of gotcha? We don't give a fuck about Cuomo. Launch that stupid piece of shit into the sun for all I care. He's a fucking dumb ass. Send his brother too.

What the right can't seem to get a handle on is that we actually care about this shit and it's not some sort of idiotic con game we're playing to get lower taxes.