Happy 10th Anniversary, DayOnePatch

BuckFly

Those of us who were here during the great migration from IGN and some other boards remember that time well.

...um...is there anyone else who was here then?  :lol:  I know there are.

Most importantly thank you and congratulations to those of you who make this place run and make it great, of which I am not one!

Seriously, thank you and Happy Anniversary to all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Been around ign since 2000 and I am now here when things transitioned over.

Best, I remember shortly after the start there was some in fighting between members and those that started Bad Cartridge and Setharion/The Dude (miss the guy) then made an off shoot site.

I remember talking to you about it because, God Bless Seth, but he was angry with some of us for not commiting more to his Board.  He eventually came back, but then left again. 

...just bringing it up as it was the early days and represents some of the departed. 

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

I was member #6, until the great purge.

19 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I was here day one or two , can’t remember specifically. I think I was number 46. Weirdly, while I came here from IGN, I didn’t really post with most of you guys back there. I was just ready to leave and didn’t know where else to go. 

Holy mackerel how do you guys remember what number you were?!  Good for you!

Secondly, I am proud to say that my reputation goes up, on average, at least one upvote, every two weeks, for the 10 years I've been here.

...which is pathetic.  

...and truth be told I believe more than half of my 258 reputation came in the first 12 months.   :lol:

All of you try and be as unrelatable, un-communiticative, or easily disregarded with milque toast, weak opinions like me!  

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Congrats you got it right this year!

Really?

REALLY, Keyser?  You are going o come back at me a year later?!  

I'm sorry, I have one job around here (honestly, I think I have done this every year for ten years and I have only been beaten to the punch once) and it is to commemorate the anniversary of this place and I mistakenly thought it was 10 years last year.

...it felt like 10 years last year.

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

You haven't come since 2011? :shock:

I knew someone would make that joke lol

11 minutes ago, Rachel said:

Oct 2012 for me. 

How’d you find this place?

I was from IGN, so someone who was still posting on the PC boards too must have mentioned it, and where everyone was going. 

5 hours ago, BuckFly said:

Best, I remember shortly after the start there was some in fighting between members and those that started Bad Cartridge and Setharion/The Dude (miss the guy) then made an off shoot site.

I remember talking to you about it because, God Bless Seth, but he was angry with some of us for not commiting more to his Board.  He eventually came back, but then left again. 

...just bringing it up as it was the early days and represents some of the departed. 

Seth harrassed me to put so much effort into his website it got to the point I had to cut him off. The early board days here were fucking crazy. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

Seth harrassed me to put so much effort into his website it got to the point I had to cut him off. The early board days here were fucking crazy. 

Same.  Honestly, the same here.  I also remember when IGN was flailing, but then got pissed at any still existing members for trying to poach from their forums.

Man, IGN Forums in 2010 were way different and just not as good as what was rolling a couple of years earlier...or really we wouldn't have left.

7 hours ago, BuckFly said:

Really?

REALLY, Keyser?  You are going o come back at me a year later?!  

I'm sorry, I have one job around here (honestly, I think I have done this every year for ten years and I have only been beaten to the punch once) and it is to commemorate the anniversary of this place and I mistakenly thought it was 10 years last year.

...it felt like 10 years last year.

And this year has felt like 10 years. :tired:

• Like 1

I joined in December 2010. Think I was getting on a plane when I got a message from someone on the IGN boards talking about joining bad cartridge. It doesn't feel like that long ago to me. But a shit ton of life sure did happen since. 

Look at all those different topics! 

https://web.archive.org/web/20110120183226/http://www.badcartridge.com/

On 12/9/2020 at 6:56 AM, TheLeon said:

I was here day one or two , can’t remember specifically. I think I was number 46. Weirdly, while I came here from IGN, I didn’t really post with most of you guys back there. I was just ready to leave and didn’t know where else to go. 

I'm similar, though I didn't join until a couple months later. I don't really remember a lot of people from IGN, except for @Jason, @Commissar SFLUFAN, plus a few others that haven't posted here in a long time like @VKPButcher. I think most people I recognized on here I recognized from the Insider movie board, though I didn't post there much.