Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

Beto and Buttgieg might be light on the credentials but some of the things they're saying are good to get out there, especially having white men say them on a stage with two who generally won't.

It's also noteworthy and welcome for a Texas Democrat to be running not as a blue dog or conservadem but instead as a moderate liberal.

Beto is too situational a candidate for me personally, but I imagine moderate and centrist Democrats are pretty ecstatic he's running.

I'm more concerned about him being in the New Democratic Caucaus, Throughway's corporate support of him, his very conservative (compared to other Democrats) voting record, and his shifts on policies. I want someone who leads the way on the policies I care about, not just a band-wagoner. 

4 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

He also voted for an immigration deportation force despite his otherwise very strong pro-DACA, pro-immigration stances of late. He's got a number of questionable things he'll have to at least address when it comes to his policy positions and voting record. Easily better than Trump though.

17 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

He also voted for an immigration deportation force despite his otherwise very strong pro-DACA, pro-immigration stances of late. He's got a number of questionable things he'll have to at least address when it comes to his policy positions and voting record. Easily better than Trump though.

I think this is something that everyone needs to keep in mind after the primary. Vote for who you think is best, don't get emotionally attached to a fucking politician and just know that pretty much all of them (or at least I can't think of an example) are easily better than Trump.

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I think this is something that everyone needs to keep in mind after the primary. Vote for who you think is best, don't get emotionally attached to a fucking politician and just know that pretty much all of them (or at least I can't think of an example) are easily better than Trump.

Definitely. I'll be adding that to the end of every post when discussing the primaries because I don't want to lose sight of the fact that even if "my" politician wins the primary (and I haven't finalized a decision yet, we got years to go on this) we're done. Trump needs to be defeated regardless of who wins the primary. 

18 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Leftists would rather see four more years of Trump for the sake of shifting the Overton window than vote for a moderate Democrat, women and POC be damned.

27 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Leftists would rather see four more years of Trump for the sake of shifting the Overton window than vote for a moderate Democrat, women and POC be damned.

Is there anyone on this board that’s actually said “I’d rather trump win than x person running for the nomination?”

14 minutes ago, SilentWorld said:

Is there anyone on this board that’s actually said “I’d rather trump win than x person running for the nomination?”

Redsoxfan, more or less.