Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

36 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Even if we determine those excess deaths are not directly related to coronavirus, they may still be:. If a person can't get treated for a run of the mill heart attack and subsequently dies because the hospital is overrun with coronavirus patients,  that's a death that should be counted towards the overall statistic.

Something like half of all civil war deaths were due to infections and disease, yet we still count them as part of the 600,000 who died in the war.

Yeah, i'm sure we'll see numbers of people believed to have died because they were unable to reach care.

Justin Amash has reportedly become a lifetime member of the Libertarian party.  This means he would become the first sitting Congressperson who is a  Libertarian Party member, as far as I know.

It also means he's probably running for President.  If so, this is going to hurt Trump more than it hurts Biden. 

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

americans are really, really stupid

Up until Corona Virus, the economy was doing pretty well under Trump. People aren't just going to forget 2 months ago we had record low unemployment and stock performance. Now maybe that's inspite of Trump and not because of him, but the average person isn't going to care. Also, Biden being welcoming of more immigration is a new stance for him, if anything you should trust Trump immigration more than Biden, as at least his stance is consistently terrible, where as Biden became pro immigration when he ran for president. 

4 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Up until Corona Virus, the economy was doing pretty well under Trump. People aren't just going to forget 2 months ago we had record low unemployment and stock performance. Now maybe that's inspite of Trump and not because of him, but the average person isn't going to care. Also, Biden being welcoming of more immigration is a new stance for him, if anything you should trust Trump immigration more than Biden, as at least his stance is consistently terrible, where as Biden became pro immigration when he ran for president. 

Being stubborn and refusing to change is somehow seen as a positive by the American public. "Listen, this Biden guy all of the sudden says that eating people is wrong. What were his thoughts on it in 1970 though? There is nothing on record. Trump though, he's been pro-cannibalism the whole time! Sure I don't agree with this stance, but his consistency shows that he is strong, and strong leaders are good leaders."

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

Being stubborn and refusing to change is somehow seen as a positive by the American public. "Listen, this Biden guy all of the sudden says that eating people is wrong. What were his thoughts on it in 1970 though? There is nothing on record. Trump though, he's been pro-cannibalism the whole time! Sure I don't agree with this stance, but his consistency shows that he is strong, and strong leaders are good leaders."

Biden was saying stuff against illegal immigration a lot more recently than 1970.

23 minutes ago, Jose said:

Such as?

Remember when he was VP for the guy who deported more people than Trump has? Or when he said illegal immigrants should have to learn english before gaining citizenship while campaigning in Iowa this year? Or in 2007 when he was against Sanctuary Cities? Then again, up through most of the Obama years you can find something for just about every prominent Democrat speaking against illegal immigration. 

You should also consider the possibility some of the people they are asked are against immigration, so saying they support Trump on that isn't really a surprise. 

Why is saying they should have to learn English to gain citizenship bad? Does anyone take issue with this? People take issue when racist fucks get mad when they hear people speaking Spanish, but that's an entirely separate issue.

Also, you know why Obama has higher deportation numbers. Stop using that bullshit GOP talking point like you don't know the reason. 

5 minutes ago, Jose said:

Why is saying they should have to learn English to gain citizenship bad? Does anyone take issue with this? People take issue when racist fucks get mad when they hear people speaking Spanish, but that's an entirely separate issue.

Also, you know why Obama has higher deportation numbers. Stop using that bullshit GOP talking point like you don't know the reason. 

So you're suggesting Joe Biden has been pro immigration since at least 1970? That's news to a lot of people. Most Democrats were on record for being against illegal immigration just 10ish years ago, it's not some rewrite of history. So I can see how in a poll of random people, not everyone trusts the new leaf most of them have turned over. When I think of a champion of immigration reform, I definitely don't immediately think of Joe Biden. 

Again, consider that some of the people that were asked aren't in favor of more immigration. 

10 minutes ago, Dodger said:

So you're suggesting Joe Biden has been pro immigration since at least 1970? That's news to a lot of people. Most Democrats were on record for being against illegal immigration just 10ish years ago, it's not some rewrite of history. So I can see how in a poll of random people, not everyone trusts the new leaf most of them have turned over. When I think of a champion of immigration reform, I definitely don't immediately think of Joe Biden. 

Again, consider that some of the people that were asked aren't in favor of more immigration. 

You are totally shifting your argument now. I never said he was or is pro immigration, but there has not been a dramatic shift in his thinking as you are suggesting.

39 minutes ago, Jose said:

I actually have no idea why he has higher numbers.

7 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I actually have no idea why he has higher numbers.

Oh, maybe I am biased because I made the argument so many times to Hispanic friends that I take the knowledge for granted at this point.

Obama's deportation numbers were driven by border deportations. Basically, his administration was registering the people they caught on the border before they sent them back to pad his deportation numbers. Previously, the policy was catch and release. 

@SaysWho? I oversimplified the issue. Here's a great article that explains it more in-depth:

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/obama-record-deportations-deporter-chief-or-not

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Larry Summers or Larry Kudlow. Who is worse?

Larry Kudlow is a clown that no one really takes even remotely seriously and as far as I can tell, he really hasn't exercised any real influence in the Imbecile's administration.

Larry Summers is a genuinely intelligent guy who people take VERY seriously which makes him INFINITELY worse.

On 4/23/2020 at 9:16 AM, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

americans are really, really stupid

23 hours ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

Larry Summers Advising Biden Campaign on Economic Recovery

Jesus Christ :angry:

Larry "Let the Financial Institutes Walk Away Scot-Free From the Great Recession" Summers

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

From earlier this month.

Yeah...this is way worse than Kerry 2004.  Kerry’s biggest liability was the Swift Boat thing and his general boringness.  Biden’s got bad numbers, sexual harassment, advisor picks with establishmentarian baggage, and bouts of doddering senility to go along with being boring.  (As well as a general incapacity to address the concerns driving the populist zeitgeist that elected Trump—as well as Orban in Hungary, the PiS in Poland, BoJo in the UK, Erdogan in Turkey...shall I go on?)

Edit: all that and I didn’t even get around to mentioning Hunter Biden and Burisma.  I’m adding two more Picards.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

• Thanks 1