Whoa, Tucker Carlson's top writer is a racist

The fact that Emperor is not much of a fan of real east asian cultural imports but loves Shadow Warrior is pretty interesting I have to say.  It's becoming difficult to not imagine him as an IRL version of the Will Sasso character in Entourage after saying some of the stuff he does.

12 minutes ago, heydude93 said:

The fact that Emperor is not much of a fan of real east asian cultural imports but loves Shadow Warrior is pretty interesting I have to say.  It's becoming difficult to not imagine him as an IRL version of the Will Sasso character in Entourage after saying some of the stuff he does.

To be fair Wade *loves* seppuku, so there are some Japanese cultural exports he appreciates!

58 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Well, I did manage to find some sushi. But what the hell is up? There’s nowhere near the selection like usual. I haven’t heard of any shortages on that front. 

fresh food distribution is completely broken. if you are getting anything that isn't sourced from the gulf, then it's frozen. That supply chain is, basically, broken as well. chicken is also incredibly scarce. 

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Well, I did manage to find some sushi. But what the hell is up? There’s nowhere near the selection like usual. I haven’t heard of any shortages on that front. 

Place by my house where I used to work is well-stocked. What was missing?

Still no response, Wade, if that is your real name? I hope you reconsider soon. Just know that screenshots have been taken of all the bigoted things your "persona" has said. Your fate is now sealed, I just thought you'd want to issue a statement about the fact that your platform will be soon be taken. 

That's right, Wade is given an early retirement. As of now I am mercifully allowing him to relinquish his stronghold over this forum. I will be the new administrator here.  All that needs to be done is hacking into the mainframe and D1P will be mine.  It might take weeks or even years, but trust me, it will happen.  Do not confuse my kindness with weakness. Do not underestimate me.

5 hours ago, Chris- said:

To be fair Wade *loves* seppuku, so there are some Japanese cultural exports he appreciates!

I'm hoping it doesn't come to it, but if things continue to escalate and this is his preferred method of resolving this, it is an option for him I will consider.

• Shocked 1

11 minutes ago, Iculus said:

fresh food distribution is completely broken. if you are getting anything that isn't sourced from the gulf, then it's frozen. That supply chain is, basically, broken as well. chicken is also incredibly scarce. 

Chicken is easy to find around me. Beef has been skimpier lately. 

10 minutes ago, Jose said:

Place by my house where I used to work is well-stocked. What was missing?

Kroger hardly had any sushi and neither did Whole Foods. Just the typical avocado and tuna/salmon rolls were out and they have been for a while now. I’m not checking daily, but the last several weeks when I’ve gone into the store, they didn’t have my usual, which is the most common. 

I ended up getting a tray from Whole Foods that was part of what I liked and the other half was the sashimi style. And there were only two of them left. 

4 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Kroger hardly had any sushi and neither did Whole Foods. Just the typical avocado and tuna/salmon rolls were out and they have been for a while now. I’m not checking daily, but the last several weeks when I’ve gone into the story, they didn’t have my usual, which is the most common. 

I ended up getting stray from Whole Foods that was part of what I liked and the other half was the sashimi style. And there were only two of them left. 

Maybe try a sushi place next time. Could be something related to supermarkets specifically.

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Kroger hardly had any sushi and neither did Whole Foods. Just the typical avocado and tuna/salmon rolls were out and they have been for a while now. I’m not checking daily, but the last several weeks when I’ve gone into the story, they didn’t have my usual, which is the most common. 

I ended up getting stray from Whole Foods that was part of what I liked and the other half was the sashimi style. And there were only two of them left. 

that makes sense based on location. beef stays home, and chicken is ubiquitous. seafood is going to be as locally sourced as possible. My guess is that Jose has better local access to fresh seafood. chicken is the odd one for me, personally. I'm in Atlanta. we have a lot of local production facilities. it's still hit or miss what i find. my guess is that it has to do with distribution contracts. 

25 minutes ago, heydude93 said:

Still no response, Wade, if that is your real name? I hope you reconsider soon. Just know that screenshots have been taken of all the bigoted things your "persona" has said. Your fate is now sealed, I just thought you'd want to issue a statement about the fact that your platform will be soon be taken. 

That's right, Wade is given an early retirement. As of now I am mercifully allowing him to relinquish his stronghold over this forum. I will be the new administrator here.  All that needs to be done is hacking into the mainframe and D1P will be mine.  It might take weeks or even years, but trust me, it will happen.  Do not confuse my kindness with weakness. Do not underestimate me.

I'm hoping it doesn't come to it, but if things continue to escalate and this is his preferred method of resolving this, it is an option I will consider.

:rofl:

I am Wade W. Steel, at your service!

27 minutes ago, Iculus said:

that makes sense based on location. beef stays home, and chicken is ubiquitous. seafood is going to be as locally sourced as possible. My guess is that Jose has better local access to fresh seafood. chicken is the odd one for me, personally. I'm in Atlanta. we have a lot of local production facilities. it's still hit or miss what i find. my guess is that it has to do with distribution contracts. 

It was shaky in April and May, but lately my supermarket seems pretty normally stocked. Hopefully that continues.

10 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

White supremacists think an American cheese and mayo sandwich on white bread is a good meal. That's why they all look like this:

There's a community Facebook page for a local suburb that I love to hate-read, and when there are 'Shout out some local places for takeout!' posts people will - earnestly and without irony - suggest shit like Bravo and Texas Roadhouse.

25 minutes ago, Chris- said:

There's a community Facebook page for a local suburb that I love to hate-read, and when there are 'Shout out some local places for takeout!' posts people will - earnestly and without irony - suggest shit like Bravo and Texas Roadhouse.

Takeout from Texas Roadhouse? Ridiculous. You’ve gotta dine in so you can throw peanut shells on the floor.

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

I've seen that shit in real life.  At my last job a VP from Salt Lake City flew in and asked for recommendations for local places to eat, people said there was an Olive Garden and a Chilis near his hotel.  Same at my current job when some trainers flew in from Chicago to train us on this new software, they told them where the nearest Buffalo Wild Wings was located, it's like come on people.

I mean, I recommend actual local places if someone is asking. There's a ton of great places to eat in my city.

My in-laws eat at Red Lobster every single time they come to this city. It never fails. They live in a podunk town two hours away, so Red Lobster is like fine dining. I've tried to get them to go elsewhere. No success.

20 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Honestly? Texas Roadhouse is a chain place I actually like. I don't care enough to pay $100 to go out for steak and their prime rib is still good and affordable. It's one of the few chains I still eat at a handful of times a year. Plus, those rolls with the cinnamon butter...yum.

Yep.  I love being able to get a large steak there.  And yes, that cinnamon butter they serve is pure evil, and I love it.

2 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Yep.  I love being able to get a large steak there.  And yes, that cinnamon butter they serve is pure evil, and I love it.

It's easily mt favorite chain. Who needs dessert when you have that cinnamon butter? I'm ready to be able to go out to eat again.

1 minute ago, Jose said:

Do you guys remember Steak n Ale? That's a chain I miss.

Never heard of it.

15 hours ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

If I actually had super-WASPy taste buds, I'd think sushi is the greatest thing on Earth.

Hell, "going out for sushi" is in Top 10 list of "Stuff White People Like".

I resemble that remark!

15 hours ago, Jose said:

I mean if you count California rolls and Spicy Tuna rolls filled with crunchies as sushi, sure, but they aren't. They are just as much sushi as butter chicken is South Asian food.

I love spicy tuna hand rolls but I don't remember it having crunchies. I usually get it with scallops.

15 hours ago, Jose said:

The worst wasn't even that they did that. I mean it was bad, but the dressing at this restaurant was legitimately excellent. The worst was many customers would basically try to bite your hand if you tried to remove the empty salad bowls from the table because they were saving the pool of leftover dressing at the bottom for the sushi to come. Fucking gross.

I think I have had that on a skillet but I didn't save the dressing.

Eh, I'm somewhat of a foodie, but I'm also a big fan of trashy junk food. I love me some Texas Roadhouse or Red Lobster.

Let's not food shame, there is a reason so many restaurants like that exist... it's because that's what most people like.

If everyone wanted authentic Thai street food* (insert your own "good" food here) they would be on every corner, but they aren't.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, heydude93 said:

I'm hoping it doesn't come to it, but if things continue to escalate and this is his preferred method of resolving this, it is an option for him I will consider.

Goodness…when did I author this post? Ugh, not again. I knew I should’ve taken 2 mg instead of 5mg of ambien yesterday. :(

Anywho, Wade, I just saw your DM from yesterday - the paragraph about all the anime you secretly love watching. 

It turns out that Wade does in fact watch lots of anime, so rest assured everyone, there’s no need to check him on if he actually enjoys meaningful cultural experiences or not

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 1