NBC'S Peacock Streaming Service Launches For Free April 15th

For Xfinity Customers... July 15th for Everybody Else 

On the heels of mobile-only Quibi, NBCUniversal’s Peacock will start taking flight on April 15 for Xfinity customers, rolling out gradually to Xfinity customers till the end of April, before debuting to the greater public on July 15.

It's only free for Xfinity customers during this preview period.

The Xfinity preview of Peacock won’t launch with much new content, but instead concentrate a vast library of titles including episodes of 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation, and Frasier (The Office won’t be available till later). The new titles coming in this preview period are mostly kid-friendly animated series, such as new episodes of Curious George and all-new series Where’s Waldo? and Cleopatra in Space. Peacock Premium, the paid version of Peacock with bonus features such as exclusive next-day access to currently airing shows, will also feature episodes of currently airing series such as Law & Order: SVU, Blindspot, and Chicago P.D. To Xfinity customers, Peacock Premium is free; when Peacock debuts to the general public in July, it will cost $4.99 a month with ads and $9.99 with no ads.

The pandemic has clearly affected their plans.

Though originally debuting in July to coincide with the Tokyo Olympics, many of the live events NBC counted on for launch have been canceled. Strauss is optimistic about Peacock’s success, though, emphasizing the vast library of beloved existing content as viewers seek out content that is “comforting, familiar, and nostalgic.”

I'm curious about this one... with no exclusive new content, why would anybody pay for this? 

9 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm curious about this one... with no exclusive new content, why would anybody pay for this? 

Yeah, it sure seems like they built a whole service that no one has any need to purchase.

I do think there is value in their back catalog, and shows like The Office are indeed popular on Netflix, but I don't think people pay Netflix just to watch those re-runs.

On 4/15/2020 at 11:22 AM, TwinIon said:

Yeah, it sure seems like they built a whole service that no one has any need to purchase.

I do think there is value in their back catalog, and shows like The Office are indeed popular on Netflix, but I don't think people pay Netflix just to watch those re-runs.

Yeah, I think losing the office will hurt Netflix more than it will help peacock. I think most people watch the office out of boredom, but they aren't going to go pay for it on another service. 

• 2 months later...
27 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

It’s out. It has Psych the Movie 2. I’ll watch it tonight then not touch the app again until AP Bio S3 comes out in September. :p 

Today's Premier League coverage is exclusively on Peacock.

29 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

It’s out. It has Psych the Movie 2. I’ll watch it tonight then not touch the app again until AP Bio S3 comes out in September. :p 

Yeah i definitely need to check it out. Since I have comcast I supposedly get the free premium package (whatever the hell that means, haven't check it out yet)  Part of me hopes there isn't a lot on there I want to watch because I can't even find time to watch what I have access to now :lol: 

18 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

Yeah i definitely need to check it out. Since I have comcast I supposedly get the free premium package (whatever the hell that means, haven't check it out yet)  Part of me hopes there isn't a lot on there I want to watch because I can't even find time to watch what I have access to now :lol: 

The included one from Comcast (that’s what I have too) is like the basic-Hulu membership. There’s a step above that’s completely ad-free.

21 minutes ago, Bjomesphat said:

Since I have xfinity, they sent me a free streaming box for Peacock. Can't really complain since I could have used one anyway.

It's fine I guess. I'll just watch whatever movies or TV shows I find interesting, and continue using my PC for everything else.

That little box is good; I got one. It has Peacock of course but you can also search most of the other big streamers (YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, etc.) with it too if you have those accounts.