‘Frasier’ Reboot Being Explored (UPDATE: CONFIRMED) By Kelsey Grammer & CBS TV Studios

I was a huge Frasier fan and I'm not asking for this. That series' strength was in the whip smart comedic writing more than anything else. It obviously helps that all the principles are genius comedic actors but it's such a gamble for the writing to be both up to snuff and up to the times.

The idea of Frasier fathering the incarnation of his father, though, I agree is a kernel of a great idea.

On 7/26/2018 at 9:47 AM, number305 said:

Maybe they could show how Frasier is dealing with being admitted to a nursing home.

Seriously who is asking for this?

My mom would be all about this, she could finally watch new content. Literally, she watches or listens to Frazier all day; she has corrected fan sites; and if you recite a couple lines, she can tell you the season and episode. She would even schedule meetings where they wouldn’t conflict with day time reruns. Frazier is her jam.

Have him move back to Boston and go back to Cheers. The cast is all still alive, most of them aren't doing much nowadays, except Ted Danson, i think he's still doing The Good Place. Oh and Ratzenburger still gets his annual Pixar gig, but that's not exactly regular work.

Oh and have Woody be PotUS.

EDIT: Actually, Woody could be PotUS no matter where the show is set. This needs to happen. President Boyd lol.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • GeneticBlueprint changed the title to ‘Frasier’ Reboot Being Explored (UPDATE: CONFIRMED) By Kelsey Grammer & CBS TV Studios
  • 1 year later...

The premise I keep pitching is that Niles and Daphne’s kid is now a teenager by now and he’s EXACTLY like Martin.

In the finale the two of them were scared that David would end up either being like Frasier and Niles (for Daphne) or end up like Daphne’s brothers (for Niles).

On 10/6/2022 at 10:07 AM, Reputator said:

Without David Hyde Pierce, this series basically has no hope of recapturing the magic of the original.

Whoa whoa whoa. What?! 

Not actually 'What?!'. I googled it after I read your comment and that is TERRIBLE news. Fraiser, his brother and their dad are what made thay show. 

On 10/6/2022 at 7:07 AM, Reputator said:

Without David Hyde Pierce, this series basically has no hope of recapturing the magic of the original.

On 10/7/2022 at 12:57 PM, Derek said:

Whoa whoa whoa. What?! 

Not actually 'What?!'. I googled it after I read your comment and that is TERRIBLE news. Fraiser, his brother and their dad are what made thay show. 

This says he's in as a guest, not a regular.

Kelsey-Grammer-as-Frasier-Crane-on-Frasi
WWW.GIANTFREAKINROBOT.COM

The Frasier reboot has been picked up by Paramount+, but now the series will be changing things in a big way.

• 11 months later...
5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

What about the dynamic of him bouncing off his son?

His son was in about 8 episodes of the original series and is a complete unknown that seems to be filling the “normal person” role of John Mahoney. The biggest dynamic of the OG series had Fraiser and Niles bouncing off each other with Martin often acting as the “reality check”. 
My point is that every character, sans the lead, is replaced. Could these new characters fill the void? Maybe, but, it’s an uphill battle.

• True 1

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

His son was in about 8 episodes of the original series and is a complete unknown that seems to be filling the “normal person” role of John Mahoney. The biggest dynamic of the OG series had Fraiser and Niles bouncing off each other with Martin often acting as the “reality check”. 
My point is that every character, sans the lead, is replaced. Could these new characters fill the void? Maybe, but, it’s an uphill battle.

That character dynamic was a rare achievement. It stemmed not just from the writing but the absolutely perfect casting. How can anyone expect a modern sitcom, in an era where laugh track sitcoms are dead, to capture that same lightning in a bottle?

28 minutes ago, Reputator said:

That character dynamic was a rare achievement. It stemmed not just from the writing but the absolutely perfect casting. How can anyone expect a modern sitcom, in an era where laugh track sitcoms are dead, to capture that same lightning in a bottle?

Exactly. It’s rare that actors for these types of shows fully fit into their characters in the first episode, let alone the first season. I’ve been rewatching Frasier over the past few months and from S1 E1 pretty much every character had their mannerisms set. There was development/evolution over the 11 seasons, sure, but the “character” stayed very much the same.

• Halal 1