PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: financial report indicates no major first-party/exclusive PS5 releases prior to end of March 2025, PS5 in "latter half" of console cycle

Commissar SFLUFAN

20 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

You need one for xbox controller firmware updates too. 

Nope. XSX controllers update wirelessly.

I just realized I have a USB-C cable... because my Switch Pro Controller came with one. Yup, Nintendo gives you one and Sony doesn’t :p 

Seriously, I’m not upset, but it’s kinda “wtf” considering the $70 price tag on these :epilepsy:

I would be annoyed if I bought this to use immediately for a co-op game with my fiancé or something, though. Would only be able to charge one at a time :lol: 

12 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Nope. XSX controllers update wirelessly.

I just realized I have a USB-C cable... because my Switch Pro Controller came with one. Yup, Nintendo gives you one and Sony doesn’t :p 

Seriously, I’m not upset, but it’s kinda “wtf” considering the $70 price tag on these :epilepsy:

I would be annoyed if I bought this to use immediately for a co-op game with my fiancé or something, though. Would only be able to charge one at a time :lol: 

Well the switch doesn’t come packaged with a pro controller so it would make more sense to include a cable. 

I think Sony should include the cable but it’s obvious they see it as money they don’t need to spend and they’re right. 

4 minutes ago, johnny said:

Well the switch doesn’t come packaged with a pro controller so it would make more sense to include a cable. 

I think Sony should include the cable but it’s obvious they see it as money they don’t need to spend and they’re right. 

More like they’re just being cheap :p 

These controllers also sync to PC, Android, and iOS, so you don’t really need a PS5 to use the controller. Not including a cable is weird, and defending it instead of just loling at the chintziness is kinda weirder tbh :beatup: 

Question for someone with their PS5 already. What is the exact dimensions of the box? I expect the thing to be big but just making sure my large reusable bag is big enough to fit the box into (little paranoid getting eyed walking out the store with one over the weekend). 

crashed again. fuck this nonsense. ill just wait until janurary when there is a mountain of them in best buy. 

although i would really love to know who is actually succeeding in getting these when walmart crashes instantly. 

my must have a direction connection to walmarts ecommerce servers

34 minutes ago, atom631 said:

crashed again. fuck this nonsense. ill just wait until janurary when there is a mountain of them in best buy. 

although i would really love to know who is actually succeeding in getting these when walmart crashes instantly. 

Gamestop will have a few in store for black friday. Maybe try your luck then?

1 hour ago, atom631 said:

Sorry you still couldn't get one. I was busy all day so I didn't have a chance to try for one. My view has been so soured from that first night. And after these last couple weeks I've become perfectly content waiting until Jan-March if needed. Faster load times would be great, but there isn't a single new game I'm dieing to play. I'll try Walmart at 6pm. I told my son he gets my PS4 when I get the PS5 and he's been asking about it this week. Little man might just have to wait.

1 minute ago, DarkStar189 said:

Sorry you still couldn't get one. I was busy all day so I didn't have a chance to try for one. My view has been so soured from that first night. And after these last couple weeks I've become perfectly content waiting until Jan-March if needed. Faster load times would be great, but there isn't a single new game I'm dieing to play. I'll try Walmart at 6pm. I told my son he gets my PS4 when I get the PS5 and he's been asking about it this week. Little man might just have to wait.

No use trying walmart. No in store launch day sales.