PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: financial report indicates no major first-party/exclusive PS5 releases prior to end of March 2025, PS5 in "latter half" of console cycle

Commissar SFLUFAN

10 hours ago, stepee said:

Note, if you are transferring all your games over, to make sure you move all your ps4 games to an external hard drive. They work from many old cheap external hard drive, save your ps5 space for ps5 games only. Enjoy, that’s a lot of sexy ass eye candy.

I don't have an external hard drive...

I can fit 5-6 games on so I'm ok with that for now. 

12 hours ago, best3444 said:

Well storage started opening up as data was transferring from my PS4 pro to PS5. 

I now have downloaded:

Spiderman Remastered 

Miles Morales 

Demon Souls 

Horizon Forbidden West 

Kena Bridge of Spirits 

My very first PS5 game was Ratchet and Clank. It looked beautiful and I played that for about 40 minutes. Then I deleted it to get Forbidden West. 

Tomorrow I'm checking all my games out. I'm done for the evening 😴 

Nice, not a bad start! Don't forget Astro's Playroom which comes with the PS5!

• Halal 1

7 hours ago, best3444 said:

I don't have an external hard drive...

I can fit 5-6 games on so I'm ok with that for now. 

I’d pick one up, you can get a 2tb for $60 and probably just dump your whole ps4 digital library on it. Enhanced games work too, so if you want to try Last of Us 2 at 60fps, you can save the space and play it off the external.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

I’d pick one up, you can get a 2tb for $60 and probably just dump your whole ps4 digital library on it. Enhanced games work too, so if you want to try Last of Us 2 at 60fps, you can save the space and play it off the external.

I didn't realize they're that cheap. I'll definitely look into it.

45 minutes ago, erehwon said:

I got my Horizon PS5 this afternoon.  I'm working on cleaning up my entertainment center to make room for it.  What's a good first PS5 game?  I was thinking Returnal or FFVII.  I got Elden Ring on hold from the library.

Rachetttttttttt

6 hours ago, erehwon said:

I got my Horizon PS5 this afternoon.  I'm working on cleaning up my entertainment center to make room for it.  What's a good first PS5 game?  I was thinking Returnal or FFVII.  I got Elden Ring on hold from the library.

Horizon is probably the best game out from a graphical standpoint if you’re trying to be wowed, Ratchet is a close second 

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

Horizon is probably the best game out from a graphical standpoint if you’re trying to be wowed, Ratchet is a close second 

I disagree. I think Demon Souls is the best looking title. Then it's Forbidden West and then Ratchet. 

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

You’re allowed to be wrong.

kiss GIF

Well in terms of just eye candy, Demon Souls looks better than Forbidden West. However, Forbidden West is MUCH larger in scale and scope and STILL looks amazing. 

So ocerall, the best overall technology and graphics go to Forbidden West. So you're right. :thumbup:

10 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Well in terms of just eye candy, Demon Souls looks better than Forbidden West. However, Forbidden West is MUCH larger in scale and scope and STILL looks amazing. 

So ocerall, the best overall technology and graphics go to Forbidden West. So you're right. :thumbup:

I’m kidding. Demon Souls looks great, but, Forbidden West looks like a CG movie from just a few years ago at times. It’s not even a question of scale: 

D09-C4-E73-8-D71-4-F26-A70-F-97-B7164-EA 
D289-D778-6-D3-B-44-B7-8053-DB0-CC19000-

Those were taken off-screen with my iPhone. 

• Halal 1

@stepee  started over again in Forbidden West. I really wanted to concentrate on the details and pay more attention to conversation and character development. A lot of the story from part one is actually brought up a lot in this. 

I'm 6 hours in but I'm glad I'm giving this game more time. I feel as though it will really open open in all regards!

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

@stepee  started over again in Forbidden West. I really wanted to concentrate on the details and pay more attention to conversation and character development. A lot of the story from part one is actually brought up a lot in this. 

I'm 6 hours in but I'm glad I'm giving this game more time. I feel as though it will really open open in all regards!

Its a game with a slow start that takes off more as it goes on, so doing that twice so soon is probably a bit of a slog! You’ll probably get into it again once you get back where you were. The most impressive looking stuff is near the end imo.

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

Yup. Everything before the first fight with the Regalla and her warriors is really, really slow. After that the game gets really good. 

The games major problem is that there is too much clutter. Of all those tasks, 80% aren't worth doing. Everything outside of the main story and the "trophy quests" (all the quests for Aloy's allies) is pretty much pointless grinding. But the main quest and trophy quests are incredible. 

And the last few hours of that game are exceptional, up to the extremely cliche ending. Like seriously, 

Spoiler

Sorry Mario, the princess is in another castle. 

But, its a great game that really built on the first in great ways. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/21/2022 at 8:16 PM, Mercury33 said:

Ok, I have a couple friends that have decided they’re ready to try and get one. I’ve been out of the console hunting business for a year or so. What are the best places to try and grab them now?

Playstation Direct typically have them for 4-6 hours when listed, they haven't been selling out nearly as quick anymore.

• 2 weeks later...