PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: financial report indicates no major first-party/exclusive PS5 releases prior to end of March 2025, PS5 in "latter half" of console cycle

Commissar SFLUFAN

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

The PS4 version? It’s BC and your progress should be in the PS+ cloud or whatever they call it. If you don’t have PS+ you can connect your PS4 to your PS5 and transfer everything over 

Oh, I have PS+. So does the game get an upgrade when playing on the PS5? Isn't there a remaster version out? I'm confused 😕 

5 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Oh, I have PS+. So does the game get an upgrade when playing on the PS5? Isn't there a remaster version out? I'm confused 😕 

I think you might have to pay for an upgrade on that one, but then as long as you are a ps plus subscriber your saves will be on the cloud and transfer over to your ps5 and your ps4 spider-man save will carry over to ps5.

Actually it weirdly is only available as like dlc for Miles I think still. Your best easiest option is to buy the ultimate version of Miles that comes with Spider-man Remasteted. There is a save transfer then.

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, stepee said:

I think you might have to pay for an upgrade on that one, but then as long as you are a ps plus subscriber your saves will be on the cloud and transfer over to your ps5 and your ps4 spider-man save will carry over to ps5. Unless Spider-man is included in the plus tier you have, then you don’t have to pay anything.

So when I upgrade will it have fidelity and performance modes? I'll easily pay for an upgrade and keep my save file. That would be great. 

Just now, best3444 said:

So when I upgrade will it have fidelity and performance modes? I'll easily pay for an upgrade and keep my save file. That would be great. 

See my update, I think you have to buy Miles, then buy the Remastered add on or buy the Ultimate version of Miles with Remastered - but you are getting Miles already so yeah it’s $20 extra either way but yes you can carry over your save.

• Thanks 1

Just now, stepee said:

See my update, I think you have to buy Miles, then buy the Remastered add on or buy the Ultimate version of Miles with Remastered - but you are getting Miles already so yeah it’s $20 extra either way but yes you can carry over your save.

Awesome. Thanks.

10 minutes ago, best3444 said:

What do I need to do to make sure I get Forbidden West updated to the ps5? Do I have to pay extra?

Also, is Demon Souls on about the same difficulty level as Elden Ring or is it more difficult? I'm hesitant to buy it but it looks so fuckin good. 

Horizon-Forbidden-West.jpg
SIRUSGAMING.COM

Players who purchased Horizon Forbidden West on PlayStation 4 will be able to upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version for free -- this was a commitment made last

30 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Horizon-Forbidden-West.jpg
SIRUSGAMING.COM

Players who purchased Horizon Forbidden West on PlayStation 4 will be able to upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version for free -- this was a commitment made last

"Note: This only applies even if you purchased a physical copy of Horizon Forbidden West on PlayStation 4".

1) install the PS4 version of Horizon Forbidden West on your PS5. 

I own Forbidden West digitally. So can I still upgrade for free? 

2 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Hopefully this encourages more developers to implement an actual 1440p resolution option as I genuinely believe that 1440p is the "sweet spot" as far as I'm concerned for fidelity/performance.

I simply don't think actual visual fidelity gains for 4K over 1440p are worth the performance trade-off.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: new OS beta introduces 1440p output, gamelists, and user experience enhancements/social features
20 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Hopefully this encourages more developers to implement an actual 1440p resolution option as I genuinely believe that 1440p is the "sweet spot" as far as I'm concerned for fidelity/performance.

I simply don't think actual visual fidelity gains for 4K over 1440p are worth the performance trade-off.

I think with actual native resolution, that’s just about where they are targeting already a lot of the time on console :p

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Games won't necessarily render at 1440p unless that's already the target, it just outputs at 1440p. If fidelity mode is 4k, it still renders at 4k then down samples to 1440p on a 1440p monitor, or 1080p on a 1080p display.

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

Games won't necessarily render at 1440p unless that's already the target, it just outputs at 1440p. If fidelity mode is 4k, it still renders at 4k then down samples to 1440p on a 1440p monitor, or 1080p on a 1080p display.

Oh sure - the downsampling from 2160p to 1440p is a VAST improvement from the original upscaling from 1080p to 1440p.

However, what I'm suggesting is that this hopefully encourages developers to include native 1440p assets in their titles.

Do any of you have any rest mode problems with your PS5? I got a launch disc edition and the thing won't synch to the controller after putting it rest mode a couple times, or if i don't play it for a week or something as I switch back and forth between my PS5 and xbox. So then I have to hard reboot it, and I've corrupted data a couple times doing it. About ready to break down and just try and get a new DE. Also, I switched internet to something slower than what I had before, and my PS5 games suddenly literally take weeks to download when my xbox games will be done in a couple hours or if I leave it downloading overnight can get a couple games in before I wake up. Just annoying my PS5 is becoming a paperweight because I'd play it a lot more if I didn't have any problems with it. First Sony product I've ever had any problems with, and I've had every Sony console/handheld released (or at least 1 version of it). 

14 minutes ago, stepee said:

idk about that! depends on the model I’m sure.

They are working. My main issue right now is storage space. 552.2GB is being used for "other" in the storage menu. It says free space 3.98 lol. I am downloading Forbidden West right now but I don't have any room for any other games.

11 minutes ago, best3444 said:

They are working. My main issue right now is storage space. 552.2GB is being used for "other" in the storage menu. It says free space 3.98 lol. I am downloading Forbidden West right now but I don't have any room for any other games.

Did you do a factory reset? Must be his profile and games. 

37 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

It was on sale on prime day for about $170ish. Just wait for Black Friday sales, might get to $150-160

Well storage started opening up as data was transferring from my PS4 pro to PS5. 

I now have downloaded:

Spiderman Remastered 

Miles Morales 

Demon Souls 

Horizon Forbidden West 

Kena Bridge of Spirits 

My very first PS5 game was Ratchet and Clank. It looked beautiful and I played that for about 40 minutes. Then I deleted it to get Forbidden West. 

Tomorrow I'm checking all my games out. I'm done for the evening 😴 

35 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Well storage started opening up as data was transferring from my PS4 pro to PS5. 

I now have downloaded:

Spiderman Remastered 

Miles Morales 

Demon Souls 

Horizon Forbidden West 

Kena Bridge of Spirits 

My very first PS5 game was Ratchet and Clank. It looked beautiful and I played that for about 40 minutes. Then I deleted it to get Forbidden West. 

Glad you finally got one bruh

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I now have downloaded:

Spiderman Remastered 

Miles Morales 

Demon Souls 

Horizon Forbidden West 

Kena Bridge of Spirits 

Note, if you are transferring all your games over, to make sure you move all your ps4 games to an external hard drive. They work from many old cheap external hard drive, save your ps5 space for ps5 games only. Enjoy, that’s a lot of sexy ass eye candy.