PlayStation 5 OT - Play Has No Limits, update: financial report indicates no major first-party/exclusive PS5 releases prior to end of March 2025, PS5 in "latter half" of console cycle

Commissar SFLUFAN

34 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

That 75$ can be very well spent on Horizon!

Possibly, depends on how deep Black Friday sales go.  I’ve never touched the first game, so I’ll be wanting to beat that first.

There’s too many PS4 games I own that I’ll be playing catch up with regardless.  The Last Guardian (60fps ;) ), Ghosts of Tsushima, polish off God of War 1 and Uncharted 4, etc.

And now, Elden Ring as well.

@Biggie @stepee

I'm going to have enough money next week that I can easily buy a PS5 bundle on ebay.

I know the prices are pretty high but I can afford it. Is that a careless idea? It would guarantee me a PS5 before TLOU remake. 

I just hate the hunt for this thing. Also, should I go with the all digital version? I don't buy physical copies of games anymore. 

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Biggie @stepee

I'm going to have enough money next week that I can easily buy a PS5 bundle on ebay.

I know the prices are pretty high but I can afford it. Is that a careless idea? It would guarantee me a PS5 before TLOU remake. 

I just hate the hunt for this thing. Also, should I go with the all digital version? I don't buy physical copies of games anymore. 

Personally, I'd try to find a drop elsewhere locally, and buy on eBay as a last resort.  They're getting easier to find.

Physical probably isn't worth it for you, especially if you don't own many hard copies of PS4 games.  You might find a digital edition easier than a disc.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Biggie @stepee

Bruh don’t. Just use sites like nowinstock.com and track stores in your area. I got mine at Target about 2 miles from me. I checked that web site everyday and then I got lucky. Also did you sign up for the invitation from Amazon like I suggested? A PS5 isn’t going to fall into your lap. You’re gonna have to do a little bit of leg work unless you wanna pay eBay prices and get zero warranty. So if it breaks in 2 months say goodbye to your money. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Bruh don’t. Just use sites like nowinstock.com and track stores in your area. I got mine at Target about 2 miles from me. I checked that web site everyday and then I got lucky. Also did you sign up for the invitation from Amazon like I suggested? A PS5 isn’t going to fall into your lap. You’re gonna have to do a little bit of leg work unless you wanna pay eBay prices and get zero warranty. So if it breaks in 2 months say goodbye to your money. 

Ok, I won't go the ebay route. I didn't sign up for the invitation from Amazon. 

Yeah didn’t you just see one in stock at GS too? I’m with the others don’t do the ebay bundle thing. Just start trying to find one and sign up for things and check nowinstock and call your GS and maybe Best Buy a lot. Maybe someone can give you a tip too if you keep calling. 

If I were you I’d get the digital, when was the last time you bought a physical game? You already have a disc drive if needed on your X.

Do this if you haven’t also; 

ps5-buy-now-product-thumbnail-01-en-18ma
WWW.PLAYSTATION.COM

Sign up for a chance to buy a PS5 console direct from PlayStation when a limited amount of PS5 restock arrives .

Know a couple people who scored that way.

Good luck bb

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, stepee said:

Yeah didn’t you just see one in stock at GS too? I’m with the others don’t do the ebay bundle thing. Just start trying to find one and sign up for things and check nowinstock and call your GS and maybe Best Buy a lot. Maybe someone can give you a tip too if you keep calling. 

If I were you I’d get the digital, when was the last time you bought a physical game? You already have a disc drive if needed on your X.

Do this if you haven’t also; 

ps5-buy-now-product-thumbnail-01-en-18ma
WWW.PLAYSTATION.COM

Sign up for a chance to buy a PS5 console direct from PlayStation when a limited amount of PS5 restock arrives .

Know a couple people who scored that way.

Good luck bb

Thanks. Yes, I'm going to get the digital version. I haven't bought a game in over 3 years I believe. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Thanks. Yes, I'm going to get the digital version. I haven't bought a game in over 3 years I believe. 

I was to but it seemed like there were a lot fewer of those available. Maybe things have changed since last November I don’t know. But I recommend if you see a disc version in stock you just buy it.  I did and I never buy physical games ever. 

• True 1
  • Halal 1

3 hours ago, Biggie said:

I was to but it seemed like there were a lot fewer of those available. Maybe things have changed since last November I don’t know. But I recommend if you see a disc version in stock you just buy it.  I did and I never buy physical games ever. 

That's good advice. I will do that if I run into that scenario. 

28 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Ok. I'll be patient. 

It’s not about being patient. It’s about doing some of the things people have suggested. Being patient sounds like you are waiting for them to come back into stock where you can just purchase one without trying. 

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

It’s not about being patient. It’s about doing some of the things people have suggested. Being patient sounds like you are waiting for them to come back into stock where you can just purchase one without trying. 

I did sign up with stepees link. I've been searching my local bestbuy and gamestops throughout the day, too. 

• Halal 1

7 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@stepee @Biggie

Got a Disc PS5 from my nephew's friend. He is selling it to me for $450 and it's in perfect condition. I pick it up Friday in Lancaster. So I'm pretty hyped. I'm gunna start over in Forbidden West and will check out a few other exclusives. I'll play Miles, Ratchet, and maybe try Demon Souls.

Curious, why did he wants to sell it? That’s a great deal. Lots of stuff on the new plus service too. Too bad you didn’t hold out like a month longer on FW but yeah you gotta still check it out. Yeah Demon Souls is worth it at least just to look at, always forget that’s one of the best looking games out there still. Stray looks amazing too, that’ll shine on the ps5.

Lets gooooo for GOW2 now 

@stepee @Biggie

Got a Disc PS5 from my nephew's friend. He is selling it to me for $450 and it's in perfect condition. I pick it up Friday in Lancaster. So I'm pretty hyped. I'm gunna start over in Forbidden West and will check out a few other exclusives. I'll play Miles, Ratchet, and maybe try Demon Souls.

Don't you have a Steam Deck? Don't underestimate the power of remote play. It's like having a PS5 hand held, I kid you not.

• Like 2

Just now, Hurricane Game said:

Don't you have a Steam Deck? Don't underestimate the power of remote play. It's like having a PS5 hand held, I kid you not.

I haven’t tried this yet, so you just install the pc client in desktop mode on Steamos?

10 minutes ago, Hurricane Game said:

I wish it was that simple, but if you follow these instructions you'll find it's not so bad.

It's works wonderfully! I've been playing Nioh 2 remotely for about a month now and have had no issues whatsoever.

Oh jeeze, I’ll do this though because I’m going to need it when GOW2 drops.

I don’t like streaming from pc because I haven’t found a good solution to having my tv off and it just letting me always connect remote to it.

But recently I’ve been enjoying booting steam deck into Windows and playing my XSX remote play, as consoles don’t have that problem. It works crazy good, much better than on my phone even though my phone is wifi6 and deck isn’t, idk why it’s so much more stable.

Anyway so yeah I’ll do this too!

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Curious, why did he wants to sell it? That’s a great deal. Lots of stuff on the new plus service too. Too bad you didn’t hold out like a month longer on FW but yeah you gotta still check it out. Yeah Demon Souls is worth it at least just to look at, always forget that’s one of the best looking games out there still. Stray looks amazing too, that’ll shine on the ps5.

Lets gooooo for GOW2 now 

I was mistaken. It's the digital version which I prefer but the price is still solid. He has his own PS5 and had this digital console for quite some time. He bought two to actually sell to my nephew but he never bought it. He doesn't want it and he never owned a PlayStation. He's Xbox Series X all day. 

I just texted him and he said I can pick it up tomorrow if I want so I'm making the drive. 

Yes, I'm very happy.  😊 

21 minutes ago, Hurricane Game said:

No, I don't have a deck. 

• Like 1

Just now, best3444 said:

I was mistaken. It's the digital version which I prefer but the price is still solid. He has his own PS5 and had this digital console for quite some time. He bought two to actually sell to my nephew but he never bought it. He doesn't want it and he never owned a PlayStation. He's Xbox Series X all day. 

I just texted him and he said I can pick it up tomorrow if I want so I'm making the drive. 

Yes, I'm very happy.  😊 

No, I don't have a deck. 

My apologies, I thought you did, but congrats on the PS5 you are in for a treat!

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

17 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yes, I'm very happy.  😊 

No, I don't have a deck. 

Ah nice! Yeah honestly that’s almost better it’s the digital version, now I don’t suspect something is wrong. :P Good score!

• Thanks 1

@stepee Is there any way to continue Spider-man on my PS5? I'm getting pretty close to beating it but I'm all about the PS5 tomorrow. :/

The PS4 version? It’s BC and your progress should be in the PS+ cloud or whatever they call it. If you don’t have PS+ you can connect your PS4 to your PS5 and transfer everything over