~* Make America Great Depression Again -- Official Thread of Corona Virus infected markets *~

Jason

54 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

These people should be hung--like a tapestry--for their incompetence

47 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I would rather prefer they are hanged, than hung.

40 minutes ago, 69los said:

Heads on pikes lining the reflecting pool.

28 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Firing squad gets my vote

Speaking as Imperator, crucifixion would be making a comeback under my rule.

Well, finally some good news.

Trump org is having trouble paying their loans, have asked bank to delay loan payments. Also, leases on FL golf courses.

The Trump Organization, the family business of U.S. President Donald Trump, is in informal discussions with Deutsche Bank AG about delaying some loan payments, according to a person familiar with the matter

The Trump Organization has also spoken with Palm Beach County about expectations of lease payments for a golf course the company runs, the newspaper said, citing unidentified people familiar with the matter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

Trump mentioned infrastructure.

I know it's a running joke, but infrastructure week would be pretty good right now.

There's this major elevated intersection in my city that's been in desperate need of a rebuild. Imagine if we had some time where it wouldn't be such a terrible traffic disruption to work on.

10 hours ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

Despite these numbers, I’m hoping there’s Still a chance this plays out like Katrina in New Orleans—there was a short period of heightened unemployment, and then the unemployment rate fell quickly and precipitously to about where it was before the hurricane.

I don’t think it’ll bounce back quite as quickly, because there’s deleveraging going on in the bond market, but I still feel like we’re not quite dealing with truly ‘organic’ unemployment...yet.

34 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I have definitely grown to appreciate the job security that is inherent to my career path. Places will always need to fundraise!

Same for me. When everyone needs to work remotely, sudden IT is important again, lol. We have a department of 17 and are allowing 1,200 teachers to work from home, plus 10,000 students. We've had the remote-work capability for years (all our teachers have thinkpads, and all have VPNs that tunnel into our network, allowing internal site access) and the division has always scoffed at us. Disaster planning was one of the main things we pushed, and now they are like "wow, maybe we should look at remote working!" :facepalm:

Privately, Republicans admit that the $77.9 million system that is now failing Florida workers is doing exactly what Scott designed it to do — lower the state’s reported number of jobless claims after the great recession.

“It’s a sh-- sandwich, and it was designed that way by Scott,” said one DeSantis advisor. “It wasn’t about saving money. It was about making it harder for people to get benefits or keep benefits so that the unemployment numbers were low to give the governor something to brag about.”

• Guillotine 2
  • Haha 1

Not sure if this is the best thread for it but...

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-trump-says-he-might-help-millions-of-uninsured-americans-2020-4?r=US&IR=T

President Donald Trump suggested on Wednesday that he would consider opening up Medicare and Medicaid to more uninsured Americans as the coronavirus spreads across the US.

As I assume would be the case, nothing comes if this, Trump using left language will be effective electorially when there is no effective answer from the Democrats when their replies are "COBRA!" and "open the healthcare exchanges!" With millions losing their jobs and Medicaid being strained to the breaking point at the state level

2 hours ago, Chris- said:

I have definitely grown to appreciate the job security that is inherent to my career path. Places will always need to fundraise!

Even though it's working for the devil at this point, people are always going to need health insurance.  True, there's always the possibility of universal health care, but...that's not happening for a long, long time.

Ron DeSantis was warned about Florida’s broken unemployment website last year, audit shows

Most of the responsibility lies with former Gov. Rick Scott, whose administration launched the new website, CONNECT, seven years ago. When asked why Scott, now a U.S. senator, failed to fix the problems flagged repeatedly by auditors during his tenure, spokeswoman Sarah Schwirian did not say.

“As governor, he made investments to ensure the system worked and Florida’s Unemployment Insurance program is funded at record levels thanks to reforms under Gov. Scott, meaning more Florida families can receive the help they need,” Schwirian said in a statement.

To add insult to injury, the site cost taxpayers $77 million, $14 million more than originally estimated.

State auditors detailed those problems in a 2015 audit. An audit in 2016 found the state failed to fix many of the problems they had flagged.

Last year’s audit was essentially a repeat of 2016′s audit, since nothing had been fixed.

@Jose

• Guillotine 1

9 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Paid ~ $2.20 for premium the other day and marveled at this incredible world of ours.

The funny thing two weeks ago when this hit work the guy I worked with said that day he was going to go home and fuel up both of his cars and call it a day.

But if he waited till today he would have paid like 50 cents less per gallon :p

I still have half a tank.