What are you playing today?

The Return of the Obra Dinn - 9/60 deaths solved #rookiedetective

Thronebreaker - Destroying a kingdom one decision at a time

Dragon Quest 11 - Errand Boy Simulator

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Game is still installing.....

Deltarune - Longest Demo Ever!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

RDR2 and maybe some Spidey DLC. Gonna put some time into the Fallout "beta" tomorrow to see if it's worth keeping my preorder but it ain't looking good to be honest.

Definitely post impressions if you play the Fallout beta. As much as I love the Fallout games, it's looking like I'll be skipping this. 

Just now, Dodger said:

Definitely post impressions if you play the Fallout beta. As much as I love the Fallout games, it's looking like I'll be skipping this. 

Will do... I got to play a bit the other day, not a lot at all, but what I did play didn't exactly scream "must buy day one" to me. More like "wait and buy for 29.99" :p Especially since I still need to finish both Fallout 4 AND New vegas.

Just now, Dodger said:

I'm waiting for New Vegas to get X enhanced to play again, which I don't understand why it's not when Fallout 3 and TES IV both are. Hopefully now that they've apparently acquired Obsidian they will announce it's been enchanced at X0 next week. 

i didn't realize New Vegas wasn't X0 enhanced :thinking: come to think of it, I still have some DLC from Fallout 3 to play :p

Started Yooka-Laylee.  With everything that's been said, it surprised me a bit how much I'm enjoying it.  I think the camera and arcade game controls were fixed since the launch release.  You can tell they had to expand the world sizes a bit because of the roll move, but it doesn't feel big for the sake of it like DK64 did.  Think I'll keep at this one.

It's still available for $6-7 in a package with Rime, Hotline Miami 2 and Full Throttle Remastered.  Yooka alone feels more than worth the price of admission.

On 11/2/2018 at 10:26 AM, Dodger said:

I'm waiting for New Vegas to get X enhanced to play again, which I don't understand why it's not when Fallout 3 and TES IV both are. Hopefully now that they've apparently acquired Obsidian they will announce it's been enchanced at X0 next week. 

So Bethesda doesn't own the rights to New Vegas?

5 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

So Bethesda doesn't own the rights to New Vegas?

I would assume they would, and from what I believe even Wade has said on this forum, it's actually Microsoft who does all the work to enhance these titles and not the developers so I have no idea what the hold up on getting it enhanced is. Especially since Bethesda seems to have a good relationship with MS and has several titles enhanced already.

So i do wonder what is going on and holding up getting NV enhanced. Maybe it's just that much of a buggy mess they can't.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had to put down Dragon Quest XI.  My frustration was boiling over with the “died at a boss fight and forced fo replay a big chunk to get back to where I died to only die again” loop. The PSVR has not arrived yet so probably playing Fallout 76 and RDR 2. 

20 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I had to put down Dragon Quest XI.  My frustration was boiling over with the “died at a boss fight and forced fo replay a big chunk to get back to where I died to only die again” loop. The PSVR has not arrived yet so probably playing Fallout 76 and RDR 2. 

Which boss?  Most of the hard ones have a save checkpoint nearby.

Since I ordered a copy of Shadow of the Tomb Raider, I spent the last couple of days blasting my way through the Tomb Raider reboot. I remember playing a little bit of it back when it released on the ps3, but then I noticed that I had the definitive edition on the ps4, likely snagged it when it was cheap. Now I need to play Rise, which I only got halfway through when I originally played. Have to same Tomb Raider was a freaking blast and a damn good looking game. 

Lots of Battlefield V. 

After like 35hrs, Im still up in the air on how I feel about it (at least compared to BF1, which is still fresh in my memory). It feels like there is a great a base here, but the lack of content and bugs make it feel unfinished. Most people seem to think this is a huge step in the right direction to get BF back to it roots. I do love that the spotting is gone. The sniping feels good in this one. I HATE HATE HATE the KE7 (but I hear its getting nerfed in the Dec 4th path - good!). From reading on the BF subreddit my issues with the TTK are actually more to do with TTD. Now that I understand that, I am good with the TTK. The problem is with the netcode and certain guns (presumably) with a high ROF that dont register the hits individually. They register as one frame therefore its instadeath. Its incredibly frustrating right now, but i hear they are working on it. However, it seems they arent sure if they can fix the issue without messing with the TTK, which I think would suck. Other than that, there is geometry clipping and movement suffers because of it. 

Overall, I think in 6 months this game will be really really good. 

EDIT- - btw @The def star - I completed the Turner SMLE mastery! Not sure how I did it, but its done!! My all-gold SMLE is beautiful! 

3 hours ago, atom631 said:

Lots of Battlefield V. 

After like 35hrs, Im still up in the air on how I feel about it (at least compared to BF1, which is still fresh in my memory). It feels like there is a great a base here, but the lack of content and bugs make it feel unfinished. Most people seem to think this is a huge step in the right direction to get BF back to it roots. I do love that the spotting is gone. The sniping feels good in this one. I HATE HATE HATE the KE7 (but I hear its getting nerfed in the Dec 4th path - good!). From reading on the BF subreddit my issues with the TTK are actually more to do with TTD. Now that I understand that, I am good with the TTK. The problem is with the netcode and certain guns (presumably) with a high ROF that dont register the hits individually. They register as one frame therefore its instadeath. Its incredibly frustrating right now, but i hear they are working on it. However, it seems they arent sure if they can fix the issue without messing with the TTK, which I think would suck. Other than that, there is geometry clipping and movement suffers because of it. 

Overall, I think in 6 months this game will be really really good. 

EDIT- - btw @The def star - I completed the Turner SMLE mastery! Not sure how I did it, but its done!! My all-gold SMLE is beautiful! 

Nice! I plan to play some more BF tomorrow. Got lots of studying to do today and tomorrow but I should be available by the evening. You gonna be on tomorrow?