~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

1 hour ago, Jason said:

TBF parking is a bitch in downtown San Diego.  The last time we went to a Padres game we parked in Old Town and took the trolley to the stadium.  It worked out pretty well. 

Maybe people can take the trolley to the new vaccination site? :beatup:

1 hour ago, Joe said:

bruh

When I say Fauci Nerds I mean people who are total sticklers for the rules... which mostly includes me as well...

I'm just trying to say that official government / CDC guidelines will always err on the side of extreme caution... so when they say something like "everyone should wear masks and stores need to stay closed until 75% of the population is vaccinated"... they are being extremely cautious with their guidance and good luck with that.

Americans aren't gonna do it. I was 100% on team lets all lock down and be smart for this entire year... but if vaccines are available to anyone who wants one, and hospitalizations and deaths are down to the point where it's almost statistically irrelevant, I'm done... I'm gonna just go live my life.

That doesn't mean I won't put on a mask to go into a store and follow the rules, but I'm so over all this shit. I'm ready to feel normal... and I bet most people are in the same boat.

2 minutes ago, ort said:

When I say Fauci Nerds I mean people who are total sticklers for the rules... which mostly includes me as well...

I'm just trying to say that official government / CDC guidelines will always err on the side of extreme caution... so when they say something like "everyone should wear masks until 75% of the population is vaccinated"... they are being extremely cautious with their guidance and good luck with that.

Americans aren't gonna do it. I was 100% on team lets all lock down and be smart for this entire year... but if vaccines are available to anyone who wants one, and hospitalizations and deaths are down to the point where it's almost statistically irrelevant, I'm done... I'm gonna just go live my life.

That doesn't mean I won't put on a mask to go into a store and follow the rules, but I'm so over all this shit. I'm ready to feel normal... and I bet most people are in the same boat.

I mean, they aren't being extremely cautious, they are giving the proper advice that everyone should follow to eliminate this virus. It's true that Americans (and other people) aren't willing to actually put in the effort, but the advice itself is sound, and not overly cautious.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Let's bet on who will be the last user to get their first shot. I am thinking someone in Ontario. But I will probably be not too far in front (I am guessing early June, for myself).

My parents are in their 60s, and I think they said they're going to be getting their shots in June. I'm 31 so I'm fucked. 

10 minutes ago, ort said:

I'm just trying to say that official government / CDC guidelines will always err on the side of extreme caution... so when they say something like "everyone should wear masks and stores need to stay closed until 75% of the population is vaccinated"... they are being extremely cautious with their guidance and good luck with that.

The term “Fauci nerd” seems like you are using Fox News language, which isn’t great! Masks being excellent tools to prevent the spread of viruses has nothing to do with Fauci.

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Let's bet on who will be the last user to get their first shot. I am thinking someone in Ontario. But I will probably be not too far in front (I am guessing early June, for myself).

As of right now, in Oregon I won't be eligible until July. Of course it could come sooner.

1 minute ago, osxmatt said:

Hmm, I would have to double check. I know that May 1 data has a lot of bullet points to it, where July 1 is basically everyone.

I see what you were talking about. May 1 is "frontline workers," which I suppose is anyone who interacts directly in contact with people.

14 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Wonder what kind of bullshit ohioguy has been talking about the past year lmao

I have people that I've flung out of my online orbit that were toxic and led to nothing good. Sometimes I think about what they're up to. 

The answer is: they're being toxic to someone else. And I feel good for having cut the ties. 

1 minute ago, CayceG said:

I have people that I've flung out of my online orbit that were toxic and led to nothing good. Sometimes I think about what they're up to. 

The answer is: they're being toxic to someone else. And I feel good for having cut the ties. 

Speaking of which, time to check on your lunch buddy...

2 hours ago, Joe said:

The term “Fauci nerd” seems like you are using Fox News language, which isn’t great! Masks being excellent tools to prevent the spread of viruses has nothing to do with Fauci.

We should go with Fauci fellaters for all that big dick energy he's got :fap:

46 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Speaking of which, time to check on your lunch buddy...

I also sometimes tend to forget about people that I've mentioned here... Who do you mean? Because I have well and truly forgotten who this could refer to. :p 

Yea, maybe European countries aren’t completely wrong for holding back further use of the Astra Zeneca vaccine:

I mean, the thrombosis reasoning is potentially overblown, but it seems like Novavax, Moderna, and Pfizer are all better candidates with the SA variant (and, potentially, future variants) in mind. Covaxin studies should be out next week as well, along with data on its efficacy for variants. (I haven’t looked at J&J’s efficacy with the variants)

6 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Yea, maybe European countries aren’t completely wrong for holding back further use of the Astra Zeneca vaccine:

I mean, the thrombosis reasoning is potentially overblown, but it seems like Novavax, Moderna, and Pfizer are all better candidates with the SA variant (and, potentially, future variants) in mind. Covaxin studies should be out next week as well, along with data on its efficacy for variants. (I haven’t looked at J&J’s efficacy with the variants)

The thing is they are just going to approve it again in a couple weeks. They are struggling massively with the virus right now and have very little vaccine supply. I still can't fathom why they thought this move was a good decision, but maybe there is something we don't know?

Just now, Joe said:

The thing is they are just going to approve it again in a couple weeks. They are struggling massively with the virus right now and have very little vaccine supply. I still can't fathom why they thought this move was a good decision, but maybe there is something we don't know?

Why are they having such a supply issue given the amount of different vaccines now available? I haven’t really been following Eu, tbh.

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Why are they having such a supply issue given the amount of different vaccines now available? I haven’t really been following Eu, tbh.

27virus-briefing-eu-rollout-videoSixteen
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

As the U.S.’s new virus team holds its first briefing, Biden advisers urge passage of a relief bill. New York City restaurants may reopen for limited indoor dining.

Seems like one of the big issues has been that AZ has not been able to keep up with their orders as well as the EU approving the Pfizer vaccine later than the UK and the US.

Also this:

Some critics have blamed the European Commission for the mess. The commission struck deals on behalf of the member states to secure a total of 2.3 billion vaccine doses from several companies. But some of its agreements lagged behind those struck by the United States and Britain by weeks.

AstraZeneca and some European opposition politicians say the delay put the bloc at the back of the line for deliveries. The commission disagrees.