Yes more MCU Spider-Man

4 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I’m just guessing here, but I think the key component here was Marvel Studios wanting MCU Spiderman to stay out of the Sony Spidey universe that Venom kicked off and I’m assuming they were able to accomplish that with this deal.

I hope that's the case. Would be hilarious if Marvel Studios introduced a proper Eddie Brock and Venom for an MCU movie just to shoot down the idea of the Tom Hardy version ever appearing, but there are better villains to use. 

16 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I’m just guessing here, but I think the key component here was Marvel Studios wanting MCU Spiderman to stay out of the Sony Spidey universe that Venom kicked off and I’m assuming they were able to accomplish that with this deal.

Except it seems like Tom Hardy's Spiderman WILL eventually be a part of the Sony "Spider-verse" as well... essentially playing two different "versions" of the same character. At least that's what I infer from THIS quote from Feige.

"I am thrilled that Spidey’s journey in the MCU will continue, and I and all of us at Marvel Studios are very excited that we get to keep working on it,” said Marvel topper Kevin Feige. "Spider-Man is a powerful icon and hero whose story crosses all ages and audiences around the globe. He also happens to be the only hero with the superpower to cross cinematic universes, so as Sony continues to develop their own Spidey-verse you never know what surprises the future might hold.”

That line about "crossing cinematic universes" definitely implies to that there will be another live action Spiderman controlled JUST by Sony sometime in the near future as well as the MCU version.

7 hours ago, johnny said:

The end credit scenes def were 

Yes, but the actual movie, no. So unless the next movie to release is going to deal with that story line they are setting up, very very very very doubtful....in fact doubtful is the wrong world, impossible seems more accurate, that kind of end credit scene could have been added to a future movie. Don't get me wrong. I'm glad the webhead will still be in the MCU but Far From Home wasn't pivotal to the future of the MCU, just a really fun movie. 

Even outside of the credits Far From Home was pivotal to the MCU for the simple fact that it showed the state of the MCU post-snap, it showed the fallout from the death of Tony Stark and it set Pete up to be his potential successor. That's all BEFORE the big reveal at the end of the credits. ALL of these things have ramifications moving forward even more so when you consider the fact that the next MCU movie we will be getting, Black Widow, will take place BEFORE the Infinity Movies. There's still a lot to figure out and a lot of storytelling potential in the MCU that they can tap in the five years since the snap and the return... what was going on in Wakanda without Black Panther and Shuri? Who was the Sorcerer Supreme in Strange's absence? What was going on in space? Did Mutants start to appear during the five year absence? Did the Eternals make their presence felt considering what one of their race did to the Universe? Did Reed Richards and his family make their journey? 

2 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I’m still a little disappointed the MCU didn’t adopt a better term for the snap, like the Snapture, the snappening, or snapocalyps. Blip just sounds boring. 

Well to be fair, no one outside of the Avengers that were there know that it was an actual snap of fingers. I do love Snapture though. lol Blip IS boring!

10 minutes ago, NeoJoe said:

Well to be fair, no one outside of the Avengers that were there know that it was an actual snap of fingers. I do love Snapture though. lol Blip IS boring!

It does sound a bit flippant.  If half the world suddenly disappeared I think there would be a much harsher word than blip.  Blip sounds like a minor speed bump.

6 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Even outside of the credits Far From Home was pivotal to the MCU for the simple fact that it showed the state of the MCU post-snap, it showed the fallout from the death of Tony Stark and it set Pete up to be his potential successor. That's all BEFORE the big reveal at the end of the credits. ALL of these things have ramifications moving forward even more so when you consider the fact that the next MCU movie we will be getting, Black Widow, will take place BEFORE the Infinity Movies. There's still a lot to figure out and a lot of storytelling potential in the MCU that they can tap in the five years since the snap and the return... what was going on in Wakanda without Black Panther and Shuri? Who was the Sorcerer Supreme in Strange's absence? What was going on in space? Did Mutants start to appear during the five year absence? Did the Eternals make their presence felt considering what one of their race did to the Universe? Did Reed Richards and his family make their journey? 

I also think it's interesting the world that's part of what the Avengers defend.

They call this monumental event a fucking blip.

I dunno if that's pivotal, but the fact that half of humankind was erased and they say people blipped is a big eye-opener for me as to what the culture is on this planet. :lol: 

Just now, EternallDarkness said:

not saying the runtime doesn't. But story the movie tells is told before the credits run. 

I get it. I'm just fuckin' around, :p 

5 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I also think it's interesting the world that's part of what the Avengers defend.

They call this monumental event a fucking blip.

I dunno if that's pivotal, but the fact that half of humankind was erased and they say people blipped is a big eye-opener for me as to what the culture is on this planet. :lol: 

I get it. I'm just fuckin' around, :p 

Yeah that does seem weird.  I took it more like a blip on radar... there one second, gone the next.

Tom Holland was pivotal in getting Spidey back into the MCU

If you, like countless others, are breathing a huge sigh of relief that Sony and Marvel have decided to make nice and partner on a third Spider-Man MCU film, you’ve got Tom Holland to thank. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the actor played an instrumental role in convincing the powers that be at Sony and Disney to patch things up.

According to sources speaking with THR, Holland began using his clout as the actor behind Spider-Man (along with his role in Sony’s upcoming Uncharted film) shortly after 2019’s D23 event in August. Holland spoke with Sony film chairman Tom Rothman and implored him to reconnect with Disney. Not only that, Holland also reached out to Bob Iger, the CEO of Disney and one of the entertainment world’s most powerful executives.

• Like 2

https://www.themarysue.com/disney-spider-man-rumor-sony/

Here come the Spider-Man conspiracy theories yet again! Now that we have confirmation that Peter Parker is still in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, it is bringing up the conversation about what Disney really wants to do with the iconic character. Sure, there has always been some sort of conversation surrounding the idea of the Mouse buying the rights to Mr. Parker (or maybe the entire Spider family) but nothing has been set in stone from Disney.