Yes more MCU Spider-Man

Just now, sblfilms said:

Why would a user who only joined March of this year even think about remembering something from a couple of years ago...

:hmm:

Yes, because I absolutely know how long ago this conversation took place.... And this Shapiro guy joined less than a year ago... What are you even going on about? 

Just now, sblfilms said:

Why would a user who only joined March of this year even think about remembering something from a couple of years ago...

:hmm:

I know you openly state that business should be allowed to ban gay people, so big surprise that you’re refusing to stand up for what’s right.

5 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

Yes, because I absolutely know how long ago this conversation took place.... And this Shapiro guy joined less than a year ago... What are you even going on about? 

Sexy Shapiro isn’t pretending he isn’t a long time user with his new account, we know who he is and he doesn’t deny it like you continue to do :p 

6 minutes ago, sexy_shapiro said:

I know you openly state that business should be allowed to ban gay people, so big surprise that you’re refusing to stand up for what’s right.

That’s not my position. I’ve said on many occasions that the idea that a business should be free to discriminate in it’s clientele on the basis of race/gender/sexual orientation/etc. because “you can just go next door to the business that will serve you” is a nice concept until you realize that there are places where people live that would all refuse to do so. It’s obviously unworkable.

For the record... me having a history of being "casually homophobic " is news to me. I didnt even know the guy attacking me was gay until yesterday and if I did know before, I promise you I forgot about it. I thought he was attacking me because he thought I was a corporate shill or some shit.  The Homophobic thing just came out yesterday and it's clear to me that I've given him cause to think I have a problem with him or with gay people in general.  I don't, but I'm not gonna invalidate his feelings because I haven't walked in his shoes. All I'll say is this, I went at him the way I did because I thought he was being a self righteous asshole... not because he was gay. I have gay family members,  one of whom is named after me and while that doesn't make me immune to being homophobic in and of itself,  it does mean I'm a little more comfortable with gay people than I think he gives me credit for. That said, I'm not gonna engage with that person anymore not because he's gay, but because while I sympathize with his experience and his trauma (I really do) yesterday was the first time I've heard him call me out for being a homophobe and he had been stalking me for weeks, if not longer and I legit had no idea why(honestly I didn't really give a shit) and I have next to no interest in explaining my character to some stranger on the internet who is making very personal attacks on me but doesn't know me personally at all. So I'll finish with this. @sexy_shapiro
I sincerely apologize for anything I may have said in the past that may have offended you or gave you the impression that I think you are "less than" because you're gay... that was never my intention and I truly understand that these words may not mean anything to you and won't change your mind about me because it seems to be made up already.  I know who I am and how I feel and the opinions of faceless words on the internet mean less than nothing to me. But as a human being, I dont want to be the cause of any extra pain anyone has to endure.  So again, sorry for any pain I may have caused you. I'm gonna go my way and you should go yours...:peace:

• Like 1

back on topic, I just got a call from my fifteen year old niece who wanted to "discuss Sony pulling Spiderman out of the MCU :lol: She and her friends CLEARLY blame Sony and said that "Sony was being greedy!" that's the perception that's out there amongst the post millennials... at least judging from this admittedly small sample size :p

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

back on topic, I just got a call from my fifteen year old niece who wanted to "discuss Sony pulling Spiderman out of the MCU :lol: She and her friends CLEARLY blame Sony and said that "Sony was being greedy!" that's the perception that's out there amongst the post millennials... at least judging from this admittedly small sample size.

Disney PR is the best!

I blame Sony because blaming Disney won't get Spidy back in the MCU. I mean, blaming Sony prolly won't work either, but I'll put my blame on the smaller of the two giants for the time being. If blaming Disney will work better then let me know. 

On 8/24/2019 at 9:32 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

For the record... me having a history of being "casually homophobic " is news to me. I didnt even know the guy attacking me was gay until yesterday and if I did know before, I promise you I forgot about it. I thought he was attacking me because he thought I was a corporate shill or some shit.  The Homophobic thing just came out yesterday and it's clear to me that I've given him cause to think I have a problem with him or with gay people in general.  I don't, but I'm not gonna invalidate his feelings because I haven't walked in his shoes. All I'll say is this, I went at him the way I did because I thought he was being a self righteous asshole... not because he was gay. I have gay family members,  one of whom is named after me and while that doesn't make me immune to being homophobic in and of itself,  it does mean I'm a little more comfortable with gay people than I think he gives me credit for. That said, I'm not gonna engage with that person anymore not because he's gay, but because while I sympathize with his experience and his trauma (I really do) yesterday was the first time I've heard him call me out for being a homophobe and he had been stalking me for weeks, if not longer and I legit had no idea why(honestly I didn't really give a shit) and I have next to no interest in explaining my character to some stranger on the internet who is making very personal attacks on me but doesn't know me personally at all. So I'll finish with this. @sexy_shapiro
I sincerely apologize for anything I may have said in the past that may have offended you or gave you the impression that I think you are "less than" because you're gay... that was never my intention and I truly understand that these words may not mean anything to you and won't change your mind about me because it seems to be made up already.  I know who I am and how I feel and the opinions of faceless words on the internet mean less than nothing to me. But as a human being, I dont want to be the cause of any extra pain anyone has to endure.  So again, sorry for any pain I may have caused you. I'm gonna go my way and you should go yours...:peace:

Everyone who liked this post has caused me more pain for siding with the straight point of view. Clearly this is not a place for gays to speak their minds.

As someone who has posted on this board since the CEB days I had what it’s become. I hate that it’s now owned by an anti Semite who’s on a power trip. When he called another user a hook-nosed kike I was the only person who called him out for it. That behavior is completely unacceptable in this environment. You guys are enablers.

• Thanks 1

On 8/24/2019 at 8:54 PM, sblfilms said:

That’s not my position. I’ve said on many occasions that the idea that a business should be free to discriminate in it’s clientele on the basis of race/gender/sexual orientation/etc. because “you can just go next door to the business that will serve you” is a nice concept until you realize that there are places where people live that would all refuse to do so. It’s obviously unworkable.

My apologies. I thought your position was the opposite. I agree with your point, btw.

2 hours ago, fuckle85 said:

Holland being in a Venom movie is really a must for the series to continue, let's be honest. The longer it goes without Spider-Man, the weirder it gets, and it was already pretty weird having a Venom origin without him. But it would be a massive fail if Sony had to cast a separate actor to play an alternate universe version of Spider-Man. I just don't see people going along with that.

34 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I’m genuinely sorry for any offense I’ve caused @sexy_shapiro

It’s okay. You’ve always been one of my favorite users on here. I may not agree with every viewpoint you have, but I respect it because I recognize it comes from a good place.

I’m going through a tough time. My ex husband dumped me back in October. I tried to live on my own but then I had a mental breakdown as I ran out of money. I was suiciadal. I had no other choice but to move in with my homophobic family in my conservative hometown. I already struggle so much with self esteem and loving myself - living with my family make it tougher in that regard. It’s awakened a lot of old trauma. I’ve had to learn to be stronger than I ever have but some days I feel so weak. Starting over from scratch at 31 is hard, especially with my mental illnesses. I’m really trying though, and very recently I’ve started to live a sober life as I’ve come to the realization that weed and alcohol won’t solve my pain.

I recognize that I’m not communicating my ideas in the healthiest manner. I know that I’m acting out in anger on this board because I’ve bottled up so much anger towards my family and the current political climate that it comes across in the one medium where I’m not afraid to express myself fully - the internet.  I swear that I’m actually a very nice and compassionate person in real life. I just too sensitive of a soul.

I have a lot of work to do on myself. I currently work with kids and allowing myself to focus on helping others has been a big part of the healing process. There’s a long ways to go but I’m trying my best given my situation.

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, sexy_shapiro said:

So yeah, to anyone who thinks I’m unstable, please read the post above. I’m fully aware I’m unstable. It reflects my current environment.

I’m Komusha, btw. I have no reason to hide who I am anymore, even though some of you have already caught on. :p

Your take on Wade made me realize it was you. I also agree with it. 

Hope things improve for you soon.

1 hour ago, sexy_shapiro said:

So yeah, to anyone who thinks I’m unstable, please read the post above. I’m fully aware I’m unstable. It reflects my current environment.

I’m Komusha, btw. I have no reason to hide who I am anymore, even though some of you have already caught on. :p

If this question is too personal or if for any reason you're not comfortable answering it no worries, but what happened for your situation to result in you being forced to stay with your homophobic family members?  

4 hours ago, sexy_shapiro said:

It’s okay. You’ve always been one of my favorite users on here. I may not agree with every viewpoint you have, but I respect it because I recognize it comes from a good place.

I’m going through a tough time. My ex husband dumped me back in October. I tried to live on my own but then I had a mental breakdown as I ran out of money. I was suiciadal. I had no other choice but to move in with my homophobic family in my conservative hometown. I already struggle so much with self esteem and loving myself - living with my family make it tougher in that regard. It’s awakened a lot of old trauma. I’ve had to learn to be stronger than I ever have but some days I feel so weak. Starting over from scratch at 31 is hard, especially with my mental illnesses. I’m really trying though, and very recently I’ve started to live a sober life as I’ve come to the realization that weed and alcohol won’t solve my pain.

I recognize that I’m not communicating my ideas in the healthiest manner. I know that I’m acting out in anger on this board because I’ve bottled up so much anger towards my family and the current political climate that it comes across in the one medium where I’m not afraid to express myself fully - the internet.  I swear that I’m actually a very nice and compassionate person in real life. I just too sensitive of a soul.

I have a lot of work to do on myself. I currently work with kids and allowing myself to focus on helping others has been a big part of the healing process. There’s a long ways to go but I’m trying my best given my situation.

I’m very sad to hear you’re having such a hard time right now, and I hope something breaks your way soon. I’m glad you’ve been back and have missed our interactions :)