MCU Phase 4 livestream announcement

The tv show announcements are more exiting than the movies, imo.

I'm hoping that Thor4 doesn't "block" Hemmsworth's possible inclusion in the next Guardians movie. And I hope the Black Widow movie doesn't separate her character from the rest of the MCU - like it's an alternate reality or a prequel before "superheroes" arrived.

But you know, the inner circle jerkers here will twist this post into me hating women somehow :dancing2:

12 minutes ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

But you know, the inner circle jerkers here will twist this post into me hating women somehow :dancing2:

I can’t imagine what it’s like to be so oppressed!

29 minutes ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

The tv show announcements are more exiting than the movies, imo.

I'm hoping that Thor4 doesn't "block" Hemmsworth's possible inclusion in the next Guardians movie. And I hope the Black Widow movie doesn't separate her character from the rest of the MCU - like it's an alternate reality or a prequel before "superheroes" arrived.

The Black Widow movie will almost certainly be a prequel, and if I had to guess the only other heroes we could possibly see are Fury and Hawkeye. 

4 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

The Black Widow movie will almost certainly be a prequel, and if I had to guess the only other heroes we could possibly see are Fury and Hawkeye. 

Kind of a shame if it is. It robs her of the character development she obtained, and then it also doesn't give an answer to if Gamora is alive after the bad guy snap or not since this could be a good way to show that the dead didn't need to stay dead after Endgame.

1 minute ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

Kind of a shame if it is. It robs her of the character development she obtained, and then it also doesn't give an answer to if Gamora is alive after the bad guy snap or not since this could be a good way to show that the dead didn't need to stay dead after Endgame.

Anything is possible. I wouldn't mind having her back, but if they brought her back doesn't that kind of diminish her sacrifice? 

1 minute ago, EternallDarkness said:

Anything is possible. I wouldn't mind having her back, but if they brought her back doesn't that kind of diminish her sacrifice? 

"Evil Gamora" came back in Endgame, and it didn't cause much of a stir. I don't see why BW couldn't :Dunno:

8 minutes ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

"Evil Gamora" came back in Endgame, and it didn't cause much of a stir. I don't see why BW couldn't :Dunno:

She wasn't ever evil Gamora, she was past Gamora who hated Thanos but was still under his thumb. And she wasn't brought back from the dead, just from the past. Widow would have to be brought back to life which as I said kind of nullifies her sacrifice. But if they do the story right I'd still see it. Strike that, I'm seeing it regardless, lol. 

5 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

She wasn't ever evil Gamora, she was past Gamora who hated Thanos but was still under his thumb. And she wasn't brought back from the dead, just from the past. Widow would have to be brought back to life which as I said kind of nullifies her sacrifice. But if they do the story right I'd still see it. Strike that, I'm seeing it regardless, lol. 

K.... all I'm saying is that the BW character can exist in modern times and it doesn't have to be a prequel movie.

27 minutes ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

K.... all I'm saying is that the BW character can exist in modern times and it doesn't have to be a prequel movie.

Depends on what you mean by modern. In my mind that means taking place after all the movies that are currently out. Now you could set it at the time during previous movies with other superheroes around, though I still think it's likely to be a prequel. While she has played an integral role in a number of the movies, to truly have her be the hero driving the film it stands to reason they can't really have a hero with superhuman powers play the sidekick role. At that is how I see it. Maybe we finally find out what happened in Budapest :p 

Portman being back is a surprise, a welcome one, but the MCU is quite different than it was when Thor: The Dark World came out, and especially after the fun of Ragnarok I can't blame her for wanting to work with Taika Waititi. 

10 minutes ago, Reputator said:

I'm sorry, but if these shows are required watching to keep up with the MCU, as in more important than Agents was, I'm out.

I’m only down with the shows if they’re given a budget like stranger things and game of thrones. Agents quality would be awful. I’m expecting movie level or near movie quality. 

5 hours ago, johnny said:

I’m only down with the shows if they’re given a budget like stranger things and game of thrones. Agents quality would be awful. I’m expecting movie level or near movie quality. 

Disney is dropping tons of cash into their Marvel and Star Wars shows on Disney+. The quality should be excellent.

16 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

I would like to see the movie start out with a slow pace and gradually build up to a frantic one by the end,  with the final shot cutting to her facing her stoney death. 

From those announcements I'm most excited for Blade.  Ali is a great actor and it will be awesome to see him in that role.  I don't really want them to acknowledge the previous movies, but it would be cool if they could find a place for Snipes to be in the movie some how.  

#2 announcement for me (and I'm a little surprised it hasn't got more talk here) is the What If? series.  These could be great.  Especially with the real actors giving their voices.  We could get more Iron Man!  With this series being animated and not tied into the cannon we really could get just about any scenario.  Imagine if they got Wolverine (Jackman!) to team up with some of the original Avengers... or fight Hulk.  That could be very cool.