Knives Out - a Murder Mystery by Rian Johnson ft. a Stacked Cast

My favorite thing about this is how many of the actors are playing at least a little out of their element, character wise. Should be a blast.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

How'd you see it? @sblfilms You been Kal all this time?

They had an early showing at a couple places near me. Some of the movie was shot near Boston; after the previews the theater let us know that a bunch of the crew was in the audience, so they got a shoutout from the theater before and after the movie which was pretty cool.

3 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I was listening to a review/critique on NPR yesterday. Man, did it ever get me excited, not just for this film, but to watch other nior and mystery films I've missed like Brick and Gosford Park.

Oh man, Brick is a personal favorite of mine. It's streaming on Netflix. 

See this flick with an audience. It plays sooooo well to an engaged crowd. Even the teenager sitting next to me that made sure we all knew he didn’t want to be there and it was his parents dragging was all in by the end. Great theater experience.

5 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

I was listening to a review/critique on NPR yesterday. Man, did it ever get me excited, not just for this film, but to watch other nior and mystery films I've missed like Brick and Gosford Park.

I went through a whole Noir phase when LA Noire came out. I can confidently say that they plus Murder mysteries are my absolute favorite genre.