Fire Emblem: Three Houses OT - The Eagle, the Lion, and the Deer

I'm playing Normal/Casual, however, I still don't let people die. I'm not sure why I bother with Casual keeping that in mind.

I also went with the Black Eagles. I read that was the hardest house to start with. Also, Edelgard was the least annoying of the House leaders for me. This was based on my intro to them in this game and the intro they get in the mobile Fire Emblem Heroes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

I’m doing whatever one has permadeath. Can’t remember if there were two tiers of that difficulty but if there were I did the normal. 

Also I picked the black eagles.

I am honestly really digging the game. It has had me hooked. 

Me too. Gets better the more you play. Also I like the perma-death. Makes me really take my time and plan out each and every move. Without that threat of losing a character you’ve built and like I would just rush through every battle. lol

2 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

So I just realized that when playing in handheld, the little pixel art Byleth can walk back and forth based on the gyro. I don't really have anything else to add, but now I have something to do during loading screens.

You can push A to jump too.

• Thanks 1

And X to do something with your cape.

I'm getting more into the game, and I think I'm really starting to like it, but goddamn it's ugly AND it runs terribly. Just running around in the sub-Playstation 2 looking hub area seems like it's beating the Switch's kneecaps in and I think if they had anyone with technical talent on their team they could've got it running a lot better.

Sometimes it feels like the framerate drops in certain spots that make it feels like the camera "drags" behind or something and it makes my eyes feel weird the same way they feel weird if I try to focus on a blurry image. I hate it so much.

Also, are they fucking using static background images of the environments during cutscenes to save resources and make the game run better when there's a lot of people on-screen? That's pretty funny.

32 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

And X to do something with your cape.

I'm getting more into the game, and I think I'm really starting to like it, but goddamn it's ugly AND it runs terribly. Just running around in the sub-Playstation 2 looking hub area seems like it's beating the Switch's kneecaps in and I think if they had anyone with technical talent on their team they could've got it running a lot better.

Sometimes it feels like the framerate drops in certain spots that make it feels like the camera "drags" behind or something and it makes my eyes feel weird the same way they feel weird if I try to focus on a blurry image. I hate it so much.

Also, are they fucking using static background images of the environments during cutscenes to save resources and make the game run better when there's a lot of people on-screen? That's pretty funny.

The worst is that spot where the online travelers are. That area just chugs like nobody's business.

So, for those at chapter 11 and playing Black Eagles...

Spoiler

Kill or protect Edelgard?

I'm sure that her goal is to dismantle the church and such. She's just going about it worse than Dany in Game of Thrones. At least Dany explained her actions. Edelgard isn't really helping her cause here.

As much as I might agree with what I think her cause is, I'm not replaying this game multiple times. That sounds like way too much work.

Spoiler

I think I'm going with what I believe Jeralt would have chosen here.

So this game really is like four games in one. I went Back Eagles from the start, but you'd game has to be wildly different depending on a bunch of decisions you make during the game. I read there's a New Game+, but there's a lot of Part 1 I imagine you'd have to go through before the game becomes that much different.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I’ve been slowly playing through this game. I’m enjoying it overall, but I have zero patience for the “exploration” at the monastery. Will it ultimately have much of an impact if I just kinda ignore a lot of that stuff? I’m only on Chapter 9, but at this point I’m steamrolling through most battles, so I don’t really feel the need to maximize my characters. 

3 hours ago, TheLeon said:

I’ve been slowly playing through this game. I’m enjoying it overall, but I have zero patience for the “exploration” at the monastery. Will it ultimately have much of an impact if I just kinda ignore a lot of that stuff? I’m only on Chapter 9, but at this point I’m steamrolling through most battles, so I don’t really feel the need to maximize my characters. 

The characters in your house are all you really need. The unit limit is 9 or 10 for most battles so you don't need much.

8 hours ago, TheLeon said:

Will it ultimately have much of an impact if I just kinda ignore a lot of that stuff? I’m only on Chapter 9, but at this point I’m steamrolling through most battles, so I don’t really feel the need to maximize my characters. 

Will having tea with Manuela have much of an impact for you?

16 hours ago, TheLeon said:

It seems unlikely. Just like in real life, whenever I get drinks with someone, I say the wrong things and they just leave. 

Bruh.

To give more meat to this post. Is it worth replaying? I kinda want to but that last mission was kinda annoying.

• 4 weeks later...

finished my first playthrough last night (went with Blue house Dimitri) ...wild ride I must say. Wondering how new game + works. I can't see enemies scaling to my level if I'm starting out again with a fresh recruits again. I mean if I am level 50+ and my new house mates are just starting out they'd get wiped out so I know that cant be the case.