Fire Emblem: Three Houses OT - The Eagle, the Lion, and the Deer

Wow. That intro video was awful in every way. Poorly animated, ugly in terms of art, compressed to high hell on top of being dark, low framerate, cringe-filled anime teen angst bullshit. It was so indescribably awful and un-Nintendo that it actually became entertaining. Now I'm at green-haired chick's first line in-game and WOW it's really aliased! These guys aren't big on first impressions, are they?

49 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Now I'm at green-haired chick's first line in-game and WOW it's really aliased! These guys aren't big on first impressions, are they?

Yeah I mentioned this earlier, it’s everywhere in the game. I would have mentioned the low frame rate movies too but I figured they were trying to go for a film-like quality. :p 

Don't worry there are more of them!

2 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Wow. That intro video was awful in every way. Poorly animated, ugly in terms of art, compressed to high hell on top of being dark, low framerate, cringe-filled anime teen angst bullshit. It was so indescribably awful and un-Nintendo that it actually became entertaining. Now I'm at green-haired chick's first line in-game and WOW it's really aliased! These guys aren't big on first impressions, are they?

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Yeah I mentioned this earlier, it’s everywhere in the game. I would have mentioned the low frame rate movies too but I figured they were trying to go for a film-like quality. :p 

Don't worry there are more of them!

:facepalm:

Oh boy, this thread just got interesting 

On 7/25/2019 at 9:27 PM, Zaku3 said:

Damn my local game store broke the release date. They tend to charge 10 dollars more for the privilege and I'd pay it but FE represents the last 20% Prime discount I have. 

So, they charge you an extra 10 bucks for them to break a contract? I wouldn't wanna be them when they get caught. 

I think they went for the low framerate look for the same reason they went for the bad animation quality, notably bad compression and awful lighting: They had interns doing the movies.

I mean, it's keeping me entertained, so that's good at least. Reminds me of those low budget middle-of-the-school-day 3D cartoons you'd see sometimes, except there's no compression in those.

Fire Emblem does a lot of crossovers, so I'd love to see them team up with these guys so they could learn a thing or two:

24 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The silent protagonist thing is silly. 

Pick an answer then watch your character make an awkward slow gesture 🤦🏼‍♀️

I always named the silent protagonist my own name. Just like in Dragon Quest. I pretend my voice is the dialogue.  lol

I mean I'm obviously not comparing it to a PC game... I'm comparing it to Nintendo's other games, like Mario Odyssey, or Breath of the Wild, or Super Mario Maker 2. Combat seems fine so far, and everyone's got enormous titties so that's cool.

7 hours ago, TheGreatGamble said:

So, they charge you an extra 10 bucks for them to break a contract? I wouldn't wanna be them when they get caught. 

They have been around for as far back as I can remember. In the 90s you could get imports from them but that died with the internet. 

9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'm Black Eagles, they are the best.

8 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

Same. Edelgrad is my waifu.

No way. From what I have heard, 

Spoiler

Edelgard won't marry the player until after the events of the game saying that she needs to focus on the current events/war/whatever, but will instantly marry anyone else and even elevate them to noble status. 

Not sure how true as people like to troll, but hard pass from me. 

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

No way. From what I have heard, 

Hide contents

Edelgard won't marry the player until after the events of the game saying that she needs to focus on the current events/war/whatever, but will instantly marry anyone else and even elevate them to noble status. 

Not sure how true as people like to troll, but hard pass from me. 

Ehhh, you do understand that this is a video game right?

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Ehhh, you do understand that this is a video game right?

No, this is waifu wars 3

Edit: I also don't understand the point of your post. Same shit gets talked about with persona, like with who is best girl and why. 

34 minutes ago, Bacon said:

No, this is waifu wars 3

Edit: I also don't understand the point of your post. Same shit gets talked about with persona, like with who is best girl and why. 

You really need to work on getting a sense of humor. 

So I thought after the second battle, "Cool I get to go kill some bandits now." But then you have to run around the monastery again, learn how to cook sing and other stuff then you have to teach every freaking student in your class. :|

On the plus side I recruited Sylvain, on the minus side I recruited him and have to teach him.

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

So I thought after the second battle, "Cool I get to go kill some bandits now." But then you have to run around the monastery again, learn how to cook sing and other stuff then you have to teach every freaking student in your class. :|

On the plus side I recruited Sylvain, on the minus side I recruited him and have to teach him.

I kinda like the monastery side of gameplay. Brings a change of pace instead of just battling. And it’s cool seeing characters develop into what you want them to be. You can auto-instruct if you don’t like that part but I prefer a hands on approach so I can tweak each character.  It’s a perfect blend of social gameplay along with the fights/battles for me at least. Can’t imagine playing it on the small Switch screen though.