Fire Emblem: Three Houses OT - The Eagle, the Lion, and the Deer

24 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Remember that time we were supposed to get a Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei? And it ended up just being Shin Megami Tensei in Persona clothes with some weirdly deformed Fire Emblem characters?

My most hope for port is Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Hmm, I was trying to avoid this game, because I don’t really need to be spending $60 on a game now, and I don’t think I’ve come close to actually finishing any of the other Fire Emblem games. There’s a good chance I end up buying this over the weekend. Shit. 

• Haha 1

God i wish nintendo had a refund policy like steam. I would have bought the game and refunded once I got my copy in. I kinda wish I could pay more for say a guaranteed before 10am delivery from amazon. I usually get my packages at like 5-6.

So I played the first battle. Felt like fire emblem. I guess the game won't introduce weapon trinity till later on? I've only played Awakening so I don't know if this will change later but I really liked the main character in that game a lot more. Using that tome and just dominating with magic spells. :daydream: - Also no Avatar editor, lame!

However some other aspects leave something to be desire, at least in handheld, maybe this game looks better on the TV but the aliasing looks really bad, it's like Japanese devs forgot to implement AA in their game first bloodstained and now this. The game shimmers so much it makes the pacific ocean jealous. Also, trigger warning for people who played Dead Rising but the text size is so minuscule on some menus, am I going to have to bust out a magnifying glass to read some of the text? I hope they patch this.

17 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

So I played the first battle. Felt like fire emblem. I guess the game won't introduce weapon trinity till later on? I've only played Awakening so I don't know if this will change later but I really liked the main character in that game a lot more. Using that tome and just dominating with magic spells. :daydream: - Also no Avatar editor, lame!

However some other aspects leave something to be desire, at least in handheld, maybe this game looks better on the TV but the aliasing looks really bad, it's like Japanese devs forgot to implement AA in their game first bloodstained and now this. The game shimmers so much it makes the pacific ocean jealous. Also, trigger warning for people who played Dead Rising but the text size is so minuscule on some menus, am I going to have to bust out a magnifying glass to read some of the text? I hope they patch this.

Haven’t tried it in handheld mode. Looks good on my TV though. The graphics are sort of meh in the school/monastery but they are serviceable. The battle animations are top notch as is the amount of depth given to pre-battle preparations. Overall I’m digging it. It has this sort of Persona feel/vibe to it. Maybe that’s just me but the social aspect is pretty cool. 

So the story cut scenes and the battles look awesome to me. But the entire student teacher concept seems mind numbingly boring. Like how much is actually playing the game and much is walking around talking to everyone and spending time in stat and item inventories?

19 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

So the story cut scenes and the battles look awesome to me. But the entire student teacher concept seems mind numbingly boring. Like how much is actually playing the game and much is walking around talking to everyone and spending time in stat and item inventories?

It can be as much or as little time as you want. 

2 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

I would say it's actually a pretty significant chunk of the game. You can skip through a lot of it, but it's still going to make you run around and do certain missions around the monastery, and you'll be missing out on stat and relationship bonuses if you don't involve yourself with it at all. 

I'm not sure what I would recommend. The combat is good, but it really is just a portion of the actual game. 

A lot of people are comparing this to Persona. Is Persona a lot of running around ugly 3D environments with character animations that would make a Bethesda animator cringe? It's been like 2 hours and I've only fought one battle the rest of the time was doing stupid fishing and gardening stuff.

6 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

A lot of people are comparing this to Persona. Is Persona a lot of running around ugly 3D environments with character animations that would make a Bethesda animator cringe? It's been like 2 hours and I've only fought one battle the rest of the time was doing stupid fishing and gardening stuff.

Yep that’s all I needed to hear. Hard pass. 

18 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It’s a lot of giving you limited free time to choose how to spend it to develop relationships. And you can spend it in a variety of ways, like watching a movie or going out to eat with them.

FE is explicitly taking ideas from it and implementing them in this game. 

5 hours ago, Biggie said:

Really is a cool concept. Feels like Persona/Fire Emblem hybrid 

Well, I'd been pretty much fine ignoring this game up until I saw this comment. Guess I'll use my remaining voucher on this, you asshole. THANKS.

EDIT:

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Welp, mind changed. Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Well, I'd been pretty much fine ignoring this game up until I saw this comment. Guess I'll use my remaining voucher on this, you asshole. THANKS.

EDIT:

Welp, mind changed. Thanks!

I will say like the fishing and gardening is pretty optional. All that is required of you during those sections is one “main” quest, which is typically talk to a person, o get a thing, come back to the person. 

Otherwise the bulk of the in between missions is teaching your students aka deciding what stats to level up as they progress toward a pretty wide array of special classes, ala FF tactics.

Eh, sure why not. Not much going on right now game-wise anyway. Not exactly a challenge to talk me into this one. Bad animations are really a pet peeve of mine, though. Especially if the game ALSO has good animations. I suppose I'll live. Maybe.

24 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Eh, sure why not. Not much going on right now game-wise anyway. Not exactly a challenge to talk me into this one. Bad animations are really a pet peeve of mine, though. Especially if the game ALSO has good animations. I suppose I'll live. Maybe.

The battles are fun, which is what Fire Emblem is. So power past the school stuff you'll probably, maybe, enjoy it. :p

I fought the second battle, I'm playing hard classic and didn't loose a unit. :cool: