Fire Emblem: Three Houses OT - The Eagle, the Lion, and the Deer

Stuff like that just doesn't rile me up. Finally got a chance to watch the video, I'm not going to be pissy about changes in optional dialogue. I hardly used those characters, so I'd have never encountered it anyway. 

My mian gripe with the series these days is the weeaboo shit they put in the games. I don't care about marrying characters. It's just corny and adds no depth to the game. 

15 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

My main gripe with the series these days is the weeaboo shit they put in the games. I don't care about marrying characters. It's just corny and adds no depth to the game. 

Well, supports are still in it and you do casual activities to raise a character's support level, but no clue about marriage or future babies. 

15 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Stuff like that just doesn't rile me up. Finally got a chance to watch the video, I'm not going to be pissy about changes in optional dialogue. I hardly used those characters, so I'd have never encountered it anyway. 

It isn't about those characters in particular. Just that is how the overall game is. Constant changes to the dialogue for no purpose and it just makes everything worse. There is a blog with many of the changes but yeah. I would be fine with changes, but not if they make the game worse. 

On 6/13/2019 at 1:59 PM, Mercury33 said:

I watched the Treehouse for this...pass. Good lord the shear amount of weeb shit that appears to be in this game seems never ending. The actual combat seems really fun but I don’t know if I can wade through the rest of it to get there. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Reviews are dropping today. 

When all was said and done, all I could think about was starting another playthrough. I was curious about the mysteries left unsolved, of course, but I also hoped to undo my mistakes. There were characters I didn't talk to enough, students I didn't recruit, and far more effective ways to train my units. A second playthrough treads familiar ground in the beginning, but after learning and growing so much in the first, it feels fresh, too. That speaks to Three Houses' mechanical complexity and depth as well as the connections it fosters with its characters--and whether you're managing inventories or battlefields, it's the kind of game that's hard to put down, even when it's over.

Gamespot - 9.0

Fire Emblem: Three Houses is ambitious, and takes more chances than previous entries in the series. The way it lets your role as professor play into both the narrative and gameplay is nothing short of fantastic. This is the most I’ve ever cared about my Fire Emblem characters, and that’s incredibly high praise.

Game Informer - 9.5

• Like 1

Fire Emblem: Three Houses succeeds in its ambitious telling of a land at war helmed by captivating leaders, in which no side has all the answers. Its tense battles are made all the more harrowing thanks to new strategy elements, and the colorful cast of troops you send into the fray are incredibly charming. With a new take on training and bonding with your units, and the many activities and options available to sample, it’s absolutely begging to be played multiple times.

IGN - 9.5

This isn't the game to bring together fans of the old-spec Fire Emblem and those drawn in by the appeal of the new. There's a clear divide right through the centre of Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and its masterstroke is in bridging the two, the bonds you build away from the battlefield giving each blow taken on it that much more impact. It's a deeply emotional tactical game, one in which you end up invested in each unit. In that way, it's true to what's always made Fire Emblem so special - it's just that Three Houses expresses itself on a different scale, and a different style. Fire Emblem: Three Houses really is a game of two halves, but they come together to make one incredible whole.

Eurogamer - Recommended

• Like 1

Fire Emblem: Three Houses soars on to Switch with a fully-realized school setting, deep character customization, and multiple full-length campaigns. While it loses momentum in the second half, it still manages to come off as a striking reinvention of the well-worn Fire Emblem formula. That makes its first real console appearance in more than a decade a triumph.

USGamer - 4.5/5

There's something to be said about an SRPG that feels like you have unfinished business after the credits roll. Over the course of this lengthy review session (my playthrough was roughly 40 hours), I started a new game (NG+ is in, with some professor-based stats/items carrying over) with another house just to fraternize with new people and see how the narrative changed: a rarity for a demanding RPG. Much to my surprise, quite a bit of it was different.

A hallmark of excellence. There may be flaws, but they are negligible and won't cause massive damage.   

Destructiod - 9.5/10

I have never beaten a sixty-hour game and immediately wanted to jump back in for round two. Fire Emblem: Three Houses pulls you in with its rock-solid grid-based combat. But it keeps you invested by offering rich characters, deep squad customization, and an enthralling story that keeps you guessing. It’s is easily the best RPG of 2019—so far.

Nintendo Enthusiast- 9.5/10

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Reviews are making it sound like Persona x Fire Emblem. 

amused dave chappelle GIF

Remember that time we were supposed to get a Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei? And it ended up just being Shin Megami Tensei in Persona clothes with some weirdly deformed Fire Emblem characters?