Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

1 minute ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I never actually started Cyberpunk, because I wanted to experience it on a decent PC. When I was about to start it, I heard about path tracing coming to it, so waited. When path tracing came out, I heard that they were planning to revamp everything. So I waited. 
Tomorrow, the wait is over. 
Train Hype GIF

oh man, I’m pumped for you! And kind of jealous.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dexterryu said:

Question for those that have read more (trying to avoid spoilers). Is this a complete Add on meant to be played after the game (with your current character), like an additional quest line (like Witcher 3's) or it's own thing entirely?

If memory serves, it opens up as a quest branch naturally in the main game which you would do before you finish the main quest.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, legend said:

If memory serves, it opens up as a quest branch naturally in the main game which you would do before you finish the main quest.

So with my previous save (from like 2020) being already at the end of the game it would probably be worth starting over? With the 2.0 update and a better PC I'm kinda considering this anyway.

3 minutes ago, Dexterryu said:

So with my previous save (from like 2020) being already at the end of the game it would probably be worth starting over? With the 2.0 update and a better PC I'm kinda considering this anyway.

Yeah. CDPR is also recommending people start fresh because the entire skill trees are different with various new mechanics and it will be better if you learn as you go from the start again.

• Hype 1

6 minutes ago, Dexterryu said:

I'm in a similar spot, with my last save just before the final point of no return (Nocturne Op55N1 - Meet Hanako at Embers). I'm going to play around with 2.0 for a bit, trying out some different builds while cleaning up some random side quests just to see how it feels. I'll probably just end up using that save and doing all the DLC quests rather than starting completely over. I enjoyed Cyberpunk, but I put 50 hours in this year, so I'm less inclined to restart it all. Maybe if I get really into it I'll consider re-starting, but there are too many games out right now for me to fit another massive game like CP2077 in.

6 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I'm in a similar spot, with my last save just before the final point of no return (Nocturne Op55N1 - Meet Hanako at Embers). I'm going to play around with 2.0 for a bit, trying out some different builds while cleaning up some random side quests just to see how it feels. I'll probably just end up using that save and doing all the DLC quests rather than starting completely over. I enjoyed Cyberpunk, but I put 50 hours in this year, so I'm less inclined to restart it all. Maybe if I get really into it I'll consider re-starting, but there are too many games out right now for me to fit another massive game like CP2077 in.

They've completely redone all of the systems, so they really suggest starting over.

25 minutes ago, Dexterryu said:

Actually, here is some updated information about your options:

cQOWHbt1YMul.png?o=1

I'll still be starting over for the reasons stated.

• Halal 1

Just now, AbsolutSurgen said:

They've completely redone all of the systems, so they really suggest starting over.

I know, and I've played around with the new build planner, but using a late game save I'll be able to try out complete builds. If I really fall in love with the gameplay I'll consider starting over, but I don't see a downside in seeing what new endgame builds look like first.

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

No CDPR games are available on Game Pass probably because the company doesn't view it as economically beneficial for them to give up actual unit sales.

Does releasing shit games that are fundamentally broken beneficial for them? They should be happy people still play this and have given them a pass. Most companies would have be ruined. 

12 minutes ago, Brian said:

BG3->Starfield->Cyperpunk->Mirage->Spiderman 2->Super Mario Bros Wonder->Super Mario RPG

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

2023 is the 🐐 

I know it’s more of a me thing but also a new side scrolling Sonic that looks great, new Mario, and Spiderman 2 within three days of each other for me is like the “E3 of dreams” was for Sony japanese game fans if they all actually released right then (yes, I realize Sonic is potentially the Shenmue 3 of the bunch)

17 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

People are claiming about a 9% performance uplift via ray reconstruction 

That's pretty consistent with what they said before release -- the Digital Foundry interview with CDPR/Nvidia suggested this performance gain came mostly from eliminating the previous ray tracing denoiser.  The original purpose of the Ray Reconstruction was imagine improvement, rather than performance gains.  Great video if you haven't watched it.

• Halal 1