Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

1 hour ago, legend said:

I'm going to stick to my plan of waiting for a 5090 release to upgrade, and just suppress the urge to go balls out :p 

that was my plan too, but I couldn’t hold out. But between trade in and CC cash back, I’m getting a 4080 for ~$500. so I am able to spoil myself long enough for the 5000 series hype and rush to die down post release. So

im estimating 2-3 years at the soonest. 

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

I played 10 minutes of Cyberpunk today to make sure my settings were tuned for the Phantom Liberty drop. The presentation and animation in this game make Starfield feel like it’s a decade old, it’s insane.

I thought that was the case in CP2077 v1.6. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kal-El814 said:

PC yes. I don’t mean purely in terms of fidelity though. Starfield is using a similar approach to conversation framing and animation to what they’ve had in place since Oblivion. It’s fine, it just comes off as dated.

Ok, makes sense. Cyberpunk on a high end pc is untouchable at the moment. On the XSX it’s good looking but lacks the textures and clarity Starfield brings. 

40 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

that was my plan too, but I couldn’t hold out. But between trade in and CC cash back, I’m getting a 4080 for ~$500. so I am able to spoil myself long enough for the 5000 series hype and rush to die down post release. So

im estimating 2-3 years at the soonest. 

I thought that was the case in CP2077 v1.6. 

It was the case for CP2077 the day it launched on pc

• Haha 1

Just now, best3444 said:

Anyway you can post a really clear photo of your cyberpunk game in here? Or won't that do it justice?

It probably wouldn’t do it justice, I’d have to take an in-game photo, it’s kinda annoying to do that and share on pc. Ominous posted some shots in the last page of it maxed out though. Something like this probably shows it better: 

- promotional video but it only looks. lee impressive in person 

WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Alex Battaglia recently hosted a roundtable discussion on AI and the future of game graphics, sharing the stage with re…

UPDATE: Digital Foundry has just completed its review of Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 on PC, with a strong focus on the new ray tracing innovations added to the game in the form of DLSS 3.5 ray reconstruction. This new technology aims to drastically improve denoising. With current forms of RT, rays are traced - but they are limited in number compared to reality, producing a 'noisy' image that requires processing to increase coherency. Different effects may require different denoisers and all of them are tuned by human input. Ray reconstruction aims to take that task out of the hands of the developers, relying on machine learning to do a better and faster job.

The end result is a cleaner image with more detail, less ghosting and faster response when lighting conditions drastically change. Alex Battaglia calls it "a wastershed moment for real-time ray tracing" while at the same time acknowledging that it's an emergent technology that still needs finessing - similar to DLSS 2.0 when it launch a few years back. Posterisation effects, oversharpening and some smearing artefacts are eerily reminiscent of the weaknesses we saw with DLSS 2.0 and particularly in low-light scenarios, they can surface here. If the fidelity of the tech follows the same course as DLSS 2.0, we would expect these artefacts to improve and eventually resolve in due course.

We hope you enjoy the video and find it to be a useful addition to the DLSS 3.5 roundtable we published earlier in the week. The embargo for publishing video review content for Phantom Liberty lifts next week, and we'll be reporting back on that, looking more closely at the console releases.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series, 26 September 2023) - Information Thread, update: Digital Foundry Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 DLSS 3.5 Deep Dive
8 hours ago, best3444 said:

Ok, makes sense. Cyberpunk on a high end pc is untouchable at the moment. On the XSX it’s good looking but lacks the textures and clarity Starfield brings. 

Here is a youtube clip of one of the early missions. It might take a bit before it's in something other than 360p lol. I wish Starfield had lighting 1/4 as good as this. 

39 minutes ago, stepee said:

? I type all my posts on mobile. People still type posts on an actual keyboard????

Assuming you are using big picture mode guide button and right trigger takes the screenshot, you upload it. You go to the steam app on your phone, go to the screenshot section, open link, click the screenshot that opens the image url in a different window, copy that URL and post it.

No keyboard needed.

9 minutes ago, stepee said:

I use a little tray thing and a regular desktop, I dont use BPM. But I don’t want to grab the keyboard/mouse tray thing every time I want to take a picture and then upload it and post it. It’s just a LOT of work.

Fine :nottalking:

All I'm saying is you're a very generous guy, you give away Xboxes, steam decks, cars, you name it. But you also have the world's fastest super computer and a lot of us would give up all those other goodies just to get a glimpse of what a game looks like on your computer.

But I won't twist your arm about it.

17 hours ago, stepee said:

It was the case for CP2077 the day it launched on pc

you’re not wrong there, I’m sure. I didn’t play it on PC back then, but the Xbox One version on a Xbox Series X didn’t look bad, but it was missing all the RT, higher crowd density, and other stuff the PC version could have. I didn’t play it for very long, if I’m honest, but I do remember at times it looked pretty good. 

It kind of looked and felt like a next Gen Bethesda style RPG. lol Which is kind of funny considering what a “next gen” Bethesda RPG actually looks and feels like. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, stepee said:

I use a little tray thing and a regular desktop, I dont use BPM. But I don’t want to grab the keyboard/mouse tray thing every time I want to take a picture and then upload it and post it. It’s just a LOT of work.

Photo mode will give you a direct interface option for taking the image and saving it to your HDD (under your windows pictures directory). Googling, on consoles you enter photo mode by pressing two analog sticks down together, so that might be how you access it on PC with gamepad too.

If so, that would allow you to take photos without your keyboard. You would still need to upload them afterwards, but if you ever use your mouse and keyboard, you can do that pretty easily on something like https://pasteboard.co/

• Thanks 1

A few things I don't like about this game are:

- The music (just awful)

- The characters 

-voice acting

- lack of solid sound effects

- sloppy vehicle controls

- I don't like V at all

So those are big issues I have that prevent me from playing 2.0. Starfield is a much better game in all regards to me. Yes, to me, which is my opinion. 

That being said, I'll suck it up and play Liberty because the reviews are stellar. 

30 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

you don’t like the voice acting or

you don’t like the character? Because the character is kind of defined by you, you select the actions and dialog choices. So if you don’t like the character that might point to a bit of self loathing. lol 

I don't like the voice acting in general or V's character. I dislike the male counterpoint too. It's a depressing game but it's fun so I will get it eventually. 

1 minute ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

you don’t like the voice acting or

you don’t like the character? Because the character is kind of defined by you, you select the actions and dialog choices. So if you don’t like the character that might point to a bit of self loathing. lol 

I can kind of see this. I felt this somewhat in my first playthrough and feel it still playing with the other voice actor. No matter the choices in dialogue or intent V wants to be cool/edgy. Regardless of voice actor, V is kind of an unlikeable person. Part of it is the world of Night City because almost every character is in that same 'only looking out for themselves' way of life.

To compare to games like Witcher and ME, Geralt & Shepard are a little more defined characters. V's backstory is very thin and it's more jarring to be thrust into the characters shoes. Geralt and Shepard are characters themselves, just that we as a player have influence as to how their story plays out where Cyberpunk tries to make it your story a little more and isn't 100% successful.

• Halal 2

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

- The music (just awful)

- The characters 

-voice acting

- I don't like V at all

So those are big issues I have that prevent me from playing 2.0. Starfield is a much better game in all regards to me. Yes, to me, which is my opinion. 

That being said, I'll suck it up and play Liberty because the reviews are stellar. 

I agree. I found nothing enjoyable or fun when I originally tried to play it. V is such a bland character and the voice is horrible. Never liked any of the music either. Driving was worse than GTA. Just the overall plot/characters/world was meh. Starfield is my GotY. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

- The music (just awful)

- The characters 

-voice acting

- I don't like V at all

A bit surprising to me.

Having played around 5ish hours of Starfield, and now playing 8ish hours of Cyberpunk for the first time, I kinda feel the opposites in all regards.

I think the biggest contrasting difference to me is that Cyberpunk does such a better job at showing character motivations.

In Starfield, characters seems just so unrealistically written. "oh, you touched a magic rock? have my whole spaceship and robot." "Hey I run a bar and I've never met you until now, but you wanna break into a warehouse for me?".

In Cyberpunk, I understand all of the characters motivations for the actions they are choosing. 

Also kinda think the voice acting might be some of the best I've ever experienced. Especially the female V.
(noting here: not trying to invalidate your opinion on the game at all. just surprising how different we both perceive the game)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AshsToAshs said:

A bit surprising to me.

Having played around 5ish hours of Starfield, and now playing 8ish hours of Cyberpunk for the first time, I kinda feel the opposites in all regards.

I think the biggest contrasting difference to me is that Cyberpunk does such a better job at showing character motivations.

In Starfield, characters seems just so unrealistically written. "oh, you touched a magic rock? have my whole spaceship and robot." "Hey I run a bar and I've never met you until now, but you wanna break into a warehouse for me?".

In Cyberpunk, I understand all of the characters motivations for the actions they are choosing. 

Also kinda think the voice acting might be some of the best I've ever experienced. Especially the female V.
(noting here: not trying to invalidate your opinion on the game at all. just surprising how different we both perceive the game)

We all have different opinions. I did beat Cyberpunk so I enjoyed it enough. I'm looking forward to Liberty for sure and will look past my negative thoughts. Don’t get me wrong, Cyberpunk is a great game but some things just irritated me. It's a 9/10 game minus my personal hiccups. 

1 hour ago, AshsToAshs said:

A bit surprising to me.

I can't think of a single thing starfield does better than any other game. 

13 minutes ago, best3444 said:

The sense of wonder and discovery is one thing. I'm not trying to compare so we should drop it. I'm definitely getting Liberty and look forward to it. 

I've discovered a lot of empty places, which is expected for space. There isn't enough combat in the game, and the loading... We're travel system really takes away the classic exploration you got with the ES and fallout games.