Baldur's Gate III - Information Thread, update: Larian doesn't plan to release DLC/expansions for BGIII nor develop BGIV

10 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

What class you guys rocking? I went paladin. 

I’m going to play as a wizard most likely, but I am always tempted to go sorc. Truth is I’m not really sure until I get to character select. I may finally multi class for a change of pace. This game allows respec so who knows!

18 minutes ago, Brian said:

Still messing with the settings but it runs ok on the Ally. 

Penis E > Penis D

Nope.

Penis D. D is often short for dick. Such as S my D. Therefore Penis D is Penis Dick. That is what makes Penis D so special and therefore the best. Sadly there is no Penis P in the game.  Everyone would want the PP.

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

9 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Nope.

Penis D. D is often short for dick. Such as S my D. There for Penis D is Penis Dick. That is what makes Penis D so special and therefore the best. Sadly there is no Penis P in the game.  Everyone would want the PP.

Absolutely flawless logic

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

Nope.

Penis D. D is often short for dick. Such as S my D. Therefore Penis D is Penis Dick. That is what makes Penis D so special and therefore the best. Sadly there is no Penis P in the game.  Everyone would want the PP.

internet-meme-brainlet-schach-meme-baby-

• True 1
  • Hype 1

PC Gamer is milking coverage of this game for all that it's worth :lol:

Ftf3od7EsBfjmdBJ34H5Ui-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

By default Baldur's Gate 3's easiest difficulty option disables multiclassing.

VrKV83uiTojCaB2F4WoG2M-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

With so much to do when you're just starting out, here are a few highlights you should hit when you start playing.

pf3vxbYCY8FEHHWi6sirQB-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Baldur's Gate 3's beginning hours are especially brutal. Here's what you need to know to survive.

NumFpHYspk6uSNXS9gwLVS-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Baldur's Gate 3 lets you respec your characters, including origin characters and other companions. Here's how.

nwqREDPoHkWCoUHmu3QGsM-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Go forth and reload without guilt, even if it's just because you accidentally hurt a companion's feelings.

rZ3SW6MG2hCrEKUNgSFUJ7-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Trust me, keep your wits about you when Astarion's around.

mgSk3iD4FvzzKZMgcthWRD-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

I'm used to a lot of text and maybe some 2D sprites.

oyx52EcypWi3fJL6E729xQ-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

It's not the most ideal option, but it'll work for now.

You can just take Shadowheart's trinket from her bag and it becomes bound to you. Shadowheart doesn't even react nor does the game. You can't even remove it or give it back. This has to be a bug. Like, all I did was dismiss her and it was added to my inventory automatically. It's fuckin dumb.

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

You can just take Shadowheart's trinket from her bag and it becomes bound to you. Shadowheart doesn't even react nor does the game. You can't even remove it or give it back. This has to be a bug. Like, all I did was dismiss her and it was added to my inventory automatically. It's fuckin dumb.

Bro you are taking this game way too fucking seriously.

This is what you're supposed to be doing:

• Haha 3
  • Hype 1

21 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

How well does this run on lesser systems (Geforce 2070)?

This might give some idea:

Baldur's-Gate-3-Warlock-cutscene.png?wid
WWW.ROCKPAPERSHOTGUN.COM

Don't roll the dice on Baldur's Gate 3's graphics presets. Fine-tune this RPG with our guide to BG3's PC performance an…

• Thanks 1

Alright! The game is running flawlessy at 120 on max settings. Version number fix would be nice but its really not that bad. I've completed the intro sequence and I am very please with all of the polish that has been brought to game compared to what I played last year. Already engrossing and oozing with potential! :sun:

• Hype 1

37 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

As someone with only passive knowledge of D&D but loves turn based strategy-like combat: what class would you recommend? Is there some type of mage/fighter combo?

Im in the same boat. Usually I lean Paladin for that kind of combo. But I believe the inclusion of Sub Classes opens up more of  those hybrid builds than you’d normally have with classes you wouldn’t expect? I could be talking out of my ass though haha

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

As someone with only passive knowledge of D&D but loves turn based strategy-like combat: what class would you recommend? Is there some type of mage/fighter combo?

You can multi-class, so you can mix and match any if your want :p Otherwise: Paladin, Druid, Cleric, or Warlock can fit the bill.

Subclasses also often have some magic elements for otherwise martial characters, but it won't be as strong. E.g., Fighter can subclass into Eldritch Knight to get some magic.

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

If you want to wear heavier armor, you should lean into divine casters. A cleric will lean more into spells while the paladin will lean more into martial. If you don't care about armor, you have even more options like legend mentioned. I'm also assuming this knowledge from older AD&D rulesets and Pathfinder rules, so I could be wrong.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

Wow! Larian must be thrilled.  It was a huge risk dumping this much money into a D&D crpg and here we are.

I think their secret for success it really seems like everyone through the chain just wants to make a great game that they want to play as big nerds, rather than focusing on how to nickle and dime their customers and adapt the game design to have "mass market appeal." They just make a good game and it pays off because treating people like products ultimately makes worse games.

• True 1

1 minute ago, Paperclyp said:

One thing with Larians games that has always slightly annoyed me is the camera / perspective. It feels a little too small of scope - always find myself wanting to see more than the max it’ll let you zoom out. 

I'm pretty comfortable with it's max zoom out, but given the popularity the game (apparently), I wouldn't be surprised if someone mods that!

8 minutes ago, legend said:

I'm pretty comfortable with it's max zoom out, but given the popularity the game (apparently), I wouldn't be surprised if someone mods that!

I wondered how much of it was intentional, possibly so they can surprise you at times with what’s up ahead. 

10 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

One thing with Larians games that has always slightly annoyed me is the camera / perspective. It feels a little too small of scope - always find myself wanting to see more than the max it’ll let you zoom out. 

I agree with this. I've actually found that the next-to-last zoom setting shows you more forward horizontal space than the actual max zoom.

17 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

With no real evidence to support this notion, I'm guessing that this is due to the technical aspects of the split-screen co-op functionality that's ever-present in their games.