Baldur's Gate III - Information Thread, update: Larian doesn't plan to release DLC/expansions for BGIII nor develop BGIV

baldurs-gate-3.jpg
WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

The upcoming RPG Baldur’s Gate 3 may not release on Xbox until 2024, it’s been suggested.

The upcoming RPG Baldur’s Gate 3 may not release on Xbox until 2024, it’s been suggested.

Writing on Twitter,  Larian’s director of publishing Michael Douse seemed to imply that the issues relating to launching the game on Microsoft‘s platform may not be resolved until next year.

“We have quite a few engineers working very hard to do what no other RPG of this scale has achieved: seamless drop-in, drop-out co-op on Series S,” Douse wrote. “We hope to have an update by the end of the year.”

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Baldur's Gate III (PC - August 3, PS5 - September 6, Xbox Series - 2024?) - Information Thread, update: 2024 release for Xbox version appears likely

"For Baldur's Gate 3 players with existing Early Access saves, we ask that prior to August 3, launch the game, and delete all save files to avoid unintended conflicts at launch," Larian tweeted. "Also, remove any mods and ensure they do not automatically re-download.

"We recommend players with Early Access installed uninstall the game after deleting their save files. This will reduce the risk of file conflicts when the final game downloads, and should mean more playing, and no troubleshooting!"

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Baldur's Gate III (PC - August 3, PS5 - September 6, Xbox Series - 2024?) - Information Thread, update: Larian advises to delete early access saves/uninstall early access client to avoid "unintended conflicts" with full launch
5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Man, there a people really upset about not being able to pre-load.

I mean, sure, it can suck when slow internet and everyone downloading the game at once, but like :shrug:

the better ones will be when people who didnt pay attention think their EA saves carry over

• Hype 1

21 hours ago, stepee said:

I wasn’t even interested in this game beyond everyone else’s hype but now that I bought it not realizing it wasn’t out yet I feel like it’s taking foreveerrrrrr

Something similar happened to me when I realized I’ll have to wait for the PS5 version.

19 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

OK so WTF is it downloading if I just purchased and it started a DL then? The early access version? Cuz that is not at all clear when you just proceed as you normally would with any other game. 

Yes, it would be early access. Is this really not clear enough that it's in early access and not a normal game right now?

early-access.png

:p 

20 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

OK so WTF is it downloading if I just purchased and it started a DL then? The early access version? Cuz that is not at all clear when you just proceed as you normally would with any other game. 

Nothing automatically DL'd for me.

@legend

It's not that I'm not aware the game is an early access title. The thing that gets me is that they're saying delete the early access version to avoid conflicts...OK, so when I buy the game the day before launch and it just asks "install game?" and I say yes I'd like a little more clarity about what I'm actually downloading I guess. Like many games not early access will give you a timer or queue of, hey, this game actually releases this day so it'll download then or whatever. 

I'm not that annoyed, don't let my explicatives alarm you lol, I've had too much coffee and posted impulsively. 

24 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

@legend

It's not that I'm not aware the game is an early access title. The thing that gets me is that they're saying delete the early access version to avoid conflicts...OK, so when I buy the game the day before launch and it just asks "install game?" and I say yes I'd like a little more clarity about what I'm actually downloading I guess. Like many games not early access will give you a timer or queue of, hey, this game actually releases this day so it'll download then or whatever. 

I'm not that annoyed, don't let my explicatives alarm you lol, I've had too much coffee and posted impulsively. 

Mostly I'm just giving you a hard time :p I think adding a little text on install that says "install early access" or "install preload" (for those cases) would be helpful.

• Hugs 1

Now, I want to love every game that is gifted to me. But there is a part of me that wants this to be the next CP2077 where people end up going crazy about how bad it is and we get loads of video essays about it. It brings a smile to my face just thinking about it :devil:

Tho, tbf to CP2077, I did beat it.

• Hype 1

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

Now, I want to love every game that is gifted to me. But there is a part of me that wants this to be the next CP2077 where people end up going crazy about how bad it is and we get loads of video essays about it. It brings a smile to my face just thinking about it :devil:

Tho, tbf to CP2077, I did beat it.

CP2077 was awesome at launch...

If you had the latest Nvidia hardware to run it. As it turned out, I had just purchased my new machine with a 3080 right before release, so I lucked out :p 

• True 2

31 minutes ago, legend said:

CP2077 was awesome at launch...

If you had the latest Nvidia hardware to run it. As it turned out, I had just purchased my new machine with a 3080 right before release, so I lucked out :p 

And here I am using the exact same PC I used to play CP2077 which was built in 2016.

It's gonna be tricky to get BG3 to run well, but I'll do it.

• Shocked 1

I played Cyberpunk 2077 at launch on a desktop PC with a 1080Ti and while everything wasn't maxed I only ran into a couple of bugs the whole time and the game was a great time to play. Jedi Survivor, a game I'm enjoying, on the other hand, is actively impossible to play at times, getting sub-20fps in most levels regardless of settings, even with a 2080Ti now.

8 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Yeah I think only the console version of CP2077 was awful. It was a somewhat disappointing game overall but nowhere near the disaster Youtubers made it out to be. I found it quite fun and am looking forward to the expansion.

It really should’ve been “next gen only”. The biggest issues seemed to be on PS4/Xbone, and near unplayable on PS4 non-Pro and launch Xbone + S models.

50 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:
YGTC8UrfkWvadYS8QrqYnG-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

In short, Larian is very keen for you to completely eradicate the game's EA version from your PC before launch.

Just format your drives and re-install Windows just to be really, really sure!

• True 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1