Baldur's Gate III - Information Thread, update: Larian doesn't plan to release DLC/expansions for BGIII nor develop BGIV

I highly, highly recommend playing through this without save scumming. Feel free to save before big fights, etc, but I wouldn't reload if you fail any conversation checks or door-unlocking checks, etc. The real fun of this game (like D&D campaigns) is rolling with the punches, as there are many, many branches that will diverge when you make the "less-efficient" rolls on certain things. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I highly, highly recommend playing through this without save scumming. Feel free to save before big fights, etc, but I wouldn't reload if you fail any conversation checks or door-unlocking checks, etc. The real fun of this game (like D&D campaigns) is rolling with the punches, as there are many, many branches that will diverge when you make the "less-efficient" rolls on certain things. 

As long as I can proceed without actual gameplay difficulty checks stopping me I’m all good with rolling with the punches!

I’m going to (re)build my gaming PC soon, so I guess I’ll be compelled to buy this. Have there been any previews that address controller support? I know it’s sacrilege for this genre, but I really have a hard time with mouse and keyboard these days. 

I downloaded it on the Ally (79 GBs) and I was met with no controller support in the EA which made me hesitant to jump in at the moment. It runs fairly well considering. I am pushing more graphics because framerate chugs aren’t that big of a deal for a CRPG. 

There are too many videos posted so is there one that goes over each class without getting into the nitty gritty? I don’t want a 2 hr video. 

14 minutes ago, Brian said:

I downloaded it on the Ally (79 GBs) and I was met with no controller support in the EA which made me hesitant to jump in at the moment. It runs fairly well considering. I am pushing more graphics because framerate chugs aren’t that big of a deal for a CRPG. 

There are too many videos posted so is there one that goes over each class without getting into the nitty gritty? I don’t want a 2 hr video. 

You don’t want to start now anyway, your EA save will not work on the release. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Brian said:

Not sure about videos, but here's my short description:

• Cleric: Tanky healer that also has really good support bufs.
  • Fighter: Kill people with weapons -- melee and ranged -- and skills with those weapons.
  • Barbarian: Mainly melee DPS fighter. Higher risk and reward.
  • Ranger: DPS ranged fighter and usually nature-like skills
  • Rogue: Backstab, steal, sneak, etc.
  • Warlock: Semi-magic user, and magical weapons. You made a deal with a devil for power. Not super powerful in spells, but has a set of spells it can just cast whenever without resource usage and some other interesting perks.
  • Wizard: It's a wizard :p Main thing is you can change up which spells you can use regularly, whereas other classes your spell choices are more lasting.
  • Sorcerer: Similar to a wizard, but you have to choose your spells on level. In exchange you get sorcery points which let you either cast more spells, or do other special things, like making sure you don't hit friendlies with AoE attacks.
  • Bard: Talk your way out of anything, succeed at any non-combat task, gain access to a ton of support bufs and debufs skills and spells.
  • Paladin: Strong melee with some magical bufs and weapon bufs.
  • Monk: Very speedy martial arts character. Do hit and runs, have lots of attack opportunities. Also get a sort of magic through Ki. No armor though, so try avoid getting hit.
  • Druid: Shape shift and/or command animals and some magic spells. You get the idea.

Each class also has subclass options that change the playstyle a bit. E.g., a fighter can actually get access to magic if you choose the Eldritch Knight subclass. That said, the above should give you a high-level understanding.

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

46 minutes ago, legend said:

You don’t want to start now anyway, your EA save will not work on the release. 

yep I started downloading the EA then canceled when I saw this.

Controller support BETTER be in the release, I didn’t even think of that as an option 

baldur-s-gate-3-logo-over-city-image.jpg
GAMERANT.COM

A developer from Larian Studios reveals that one fan-favorite subclass from Dungeons & Dragons failed to make the final cut for Baldur's Gate 3.

Gamers who had been hopeful that Baldur’s Gate 3 would allow them to add a pair of pistols to their arsenal may have to rethink their loadout, as developer Larian Studios has announced that it currently has “no plans” to add a Gunslinger class to the game. While the RPG lets gamers customize their character in a variety of ways, as illustrated by the early access player who made Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves’ Doric in Baldur’s Gate 3, it appears firearms aren’t on the table for now.

Warhammer: Chaosbane has some fun ranged combat.

12 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

I'm gonna save scum, but I hope I don't have to save scum. I'm not a huge save scummer but there are certain outcomes that I will force if necessary. Rolling with the punches is not fun for me when I get to the ending and I am not happy.

From what I understand, there is a goblin and druid conflict early on in the game. I really don't want to side with the druids, and I don't know which party members will be bothered by that. Depending on what happens, I would reload. Any NPC I want to romance will be catered to an extent. Every orc/half-orc male will die if I can help it.

16 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The video has good info, but I hate the lack of editing and not rerecording flubs so bad you gotta wiggle your tongue to speak straight. Probably has no script, but still. I'm so glad that NCG has gotten around to doing more than one take in his video.

Off-topic but I decided to watch the DnD movie. It was pretty good. Surprised by how much stuff I knew despite not being big into DnD. Tho I did read the 3 Drizzt books.

It was very much like a video game in the same way the nu-jumanji movie was pretty much a video game. What really made it feel gamey was the fat rolling dragon. Classic video game boss.

• Halal 1

11 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Why are you an anti-druidite?

They are furries and so they must be put down. Dragonborn as well. Orcs and half-orcs as well. Githyanki as well. Aarakocra as well if they are in the game.

You either gotta be human-looking enough or sexy enough, and not a druid, if you want to make it past me.

Mass Effect was great in letting me commit genocide against batarians.

• True 1

3 hours ago, Bacon said:

They are furries and so they must be put down. Dragonborn as well. Orcs and half-orcs as well. Githyanki as well. Aarakocra as well if they are in the game.

You either gotta be human-looking enough or sexy enough, and not a druid, if you want to make it past me.

Mass Effect was great in letting me commit genocide against batarians.

It's possible you have some issues to work through :p 

• True 1

3 hours ago, legend said:

It's possible you have some issues to work through :p 

Oh, I'll be workin on'em alright. By the end of the game, there shouldn't be any issues left. 

Also, weebs and furries are natural enemies. Orcs aren't furry but WoW made me hate Orcs. They are literally green alien invaders from outer space. They should be wiped out. That gith race is just ugly tho. Orcs are too, generally.

3 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

RESOURCESFORHISTORY.COM

The Druids in Celtic Society. The Roman attack on Ynys Môn (Anglesey) and the British Druids

The Romans truly were ahead of their time. I also didn't know Druids were considered a major threat for Rome. Tho those Druids just seem like what I know as Danes.

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

Oh, I'll be workin on'em alright. By the end of the game, there shouldn't be any issues left. 

Also, weebs and furries are natural enemies. Orcs aren't furry but WoW made me hate Orcs. They are literally green alien invaders from outer space. They should be wiped out. That gith race is just ugly tho. Orcs are too, generally.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrQNcUTwCjpK_AOgmvqE5