Baldur's Gate III - Information Thread, update: Larian doesn't plan to release DLC/expansions for BGIII nor develop BGIV

baldurs3thumb-1686255393475.jpg?width=12
WWW.IGN.COM

Baldur’s Gate 3 developer Larian employed specially trained intimacy co-ordinators to make sure actors felt comfortable during romantic scenes.

In an interview with the BBC, actors Jennifer English and Devora Wilde, who play half-elf cleric Shadowheart and githyanki warrior Lae'zel respectively, praised Larian for employing the intimacy co-ordinators. "I never felt 'yuck' in a recording session at all,” said English. “And I've got quite a low 'yuck' threshold.”

There’s no word on whether they were used for Baldur’s Gate 3’s now infamous bear sex scene, though.

• Sicko Sherman 1

vWWmQTkydi9SLTj3wYNNP7-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

A fan poll saw all four charisma-based classes hitting the top of the charts.

A poll on the Baldur's Gate 3 subreddit—orchestrated by user Fable_Nova—gathered over 5,000 votes in under a week, with Paladin hitting the top of the charts. This was followed immediately by three other Charisma-based classes: Bard, Sorcerer, and Warlock.

QNdcRBjZJ2efgMBvjk6jYU-970-80.png.webp

• Halal 1

baldurs-gate-3-tiefling-tav-and-loading-
WWW.THEGAMER.COM

Wondering whether to make a custom character or choose an origin character in Baldur's Gate 3? Here are some things to consider.

There are seven origin characters to choose from as you start a new game. They will come with their own class, but you can select their Subclass. As they level up within the game, you can choose certain spells and skills for them.

All of the origin characters have their own physical appearance and class, except The Dark Urge.

The Dark Urge is a unique origin character and the only origin that lets you customize your character completely. You can choose your own race, class, and skills. What makes this origin unique is your dialogue options.

Making your own character from scratch, you get to handpick your skills and your story. The plus side is that you get to play around with the Character Creator screen and all of its 100 skin tones and mythical races.

If you decide to make your own custom character, you will still have access to all of the origin characters minus The Dark Urge.

39 minutes ago, legend said:

I'm probably going to do a Dark Urge Monk going good, with the background being that my char trained as a Monk to try a suppress the dark urge.

Is it a Dexter situation? You’re a Dark Urge Monk that only kills other Dark Urge characters? 

59 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I'm surprised to see paladin that high cuz the "holy knight" class is giga lame like 90% of the time.

Paladins in 5e are really powerful, even more so if you have a support character to buf them. At the end of my last TT campaign I played a level 20 Bard giving Foresight to my friend who was a level 20 Vengeance Paladin and he could basically 1 shot dragons. On top of that, people probably want charisma characters for dialog.

2 minutes ago, legend said:

On top of that, people probably want charisma characters for dialog.

LOL I hadn't even thought of that. I just thought it was a bunch of nerds picking a charisma class since they have none IRL. I wasn't thinking of actual in-game systems.

• Haha 1

Just now, Bacon said:

LOL I hadn't even thought of that. I just thought it was a bunch of nerds picking a charisma class since they have none IRL. I wasn't thinking of actual in-game systems.

Yeah the persuasion skill is already a big deal in 5e, and I have no doubt Larian is going give lots of fun dialog opportunities for those with the skill!

baldur-s-gate-3-length.jpg
WWW.GGRECON.COM

If you need to know how long Baldur's Gate 3 takes to beat in the current early access, along how long the full game will be, we've got you covered.

Talking about the game's playtime, Vincke stated during playtests that the Baldur's Gate 3 length was "between 75 and 100 hours". 

He also estimated the playtime for players "who want to do everything", claiming it will "probably hit 200 hours". 

From these figures, it seems like even players who want to just mainline the story will need to put in well over 50 hours, meaning you'll be spending a long time with the game.

DOS:2 ended up with a staggering 93 on Opencritic, sitting at the 12th highest rated game on the site.

It sure looks like BG3 is going to improve on it in every way. So what are people's bets on its OC rating? I'm going to guess 94, with it being dragged down by people who just don't like CRPGs.

4 minutes ago, legend said:

DOS:2 ended up with a staggering 93 on Opencritic, sitting at the 12th highest rated game on the site.

It sure looks like BG3 is going to improve on it in every way. So what are people's bets on its OC rating? I'm going to guess 94, with it being dragged down by people who just don't like CRPGs.

Lower than that. I’m going to say 89.  DOS:2 released on PC only which I think helped the scores as PC have more its target audience.  Adding PS5 at release, I think you will get a lot of “I don’t like CRPGs but this is great if you do 8/10” reviews

17 minutes ago, legend said:

i think lower because there will be dummies who dont understand or didnt realize how this was going to be different than DOS2 in terms of some gameplay mechanics 

18 hours ago, Bacon said:

I'm surprised to see paladin that high cuz the "holy knight" class is giga lame like 90% of the time.

Paladins always kick ass, I posit that thieves and warriors are the most giga lame! Non-magic having BITCHES.

I tried Paladin for my first EA play, and while it was okay...games like this really are more fun if you take classes that are fun in combat. You can make almost any class interesting for the dialogue (with hi charisma being OP), but unlike actual D&D, many of the skills you have aren't going to be used a whole lot. Honestly, I'm having more fun as a Warlock than I was as a Paladin.

5 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Paladins always kick ass, I posit that thieves and warriors are the most giga lame! Non-magic having BITCHES.

Warriors and Thieves do have magic most of the time. Ain't no world in which Fell Cleave isn't magic. And then there is the whole regeneration thing warriors can do in a lot of games. Thieves are often shadow mages with daggers and dex.