Update: Iraqi court issues arrest warrant for Insurrectionist-in-Chief over killing of paramilitary leader last January

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Once it became clear there were no American casualties the potential for a retaliatory strike plummeted. Even my wife who never watches the news could see it on the faces of the news people, who were sad that their war boner had deflated.

I’m telling you, Donald don’t have patience for this war thing. Randomly killing some bad guy is more his thing. We just have to hope he doesn’t do such to somebody for which there can be no off-ramp to escalation.

You're absolutely right. A hit job is more the mob boss style.

On Wednesday, Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, called the administration's briefing of Congress "probably the worst briefing I've seen at least on a military issue in the nine years I've served in the United States Senate."

"I find this insulting and demeaning," Lee added, saying he plans to vote in favor of a war powers resolution from Sen. Tim Kaine, D-Va. "That briefing changed my mind."

Speaking with NBC's "TODAY," Pence told Savannah Guthrie that they could not share with Congress some of the "most compelling" intelligence behind the administration's decision to kill Soleimani because doing so "could compromise sources and methods."

Pence added that "those of us" who were made aware of the intelligence "in real time know President Trump made the right decision." He added that Soleimani "was planning imminent attacks against American forces."

America is indirectly responsible for creating the situation, but it’s dumb to fully blame Trump for this and I hate the guy. Iran shot down the plane, Iran inexplicably allowed commercial flights when tensions were high and they were expecting the possibility of retaliation by the US. The primary blame is on Iran. That’s just reality. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

America is indirectly responsible for creating the situation, but it’s dumb to fully blame Trump for this and I hate the guy. Iran shot down the plane, Iran inexplicably allowed commercial flights when tensions were high and they were expecting the possibility of retaliation by the US. The primary blame is on Iran. That’s just reality. 

Sure, Iran pulled the trigger but some of us will likely hold trump responsible since nothing good could have come from his instigation of this whole mess. I am certain I am not alone on this. The years of shenanigans by his administration in all aspects of global politics only add to the outrage.  Logical or not, we mad

Assigning blame to anybody/entity that wasn't directly involved in a particular incident is a losing proposition. This is especially true in long term global conflicts that span many regime changes. You can always go one step further back to find some other event or action that could have been the ending point of the conflict but instead kept it going. That being said, being upset with all the players involved in a conflict when innocent bystanders are harmed is normal and understandable.

I think @Captain Pickleis allowed to be frustrated and angry without a bunch of armchair punditry.  Yes Iran is at fault for stupidly allowing civilian flights while they were in state of high alert. But this incident WAS instigated by Trump and his poor understanding of the power and responsibility he wields.  There's no denying that by any measure.