Breaking: Homeland Security secretary Kirstjen Nielsen to resign.

38 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

By the way, they still haven't actually confirmed a Secretary of Defense, so we're going to have acting secretaries for both Defense and Homeland Security. Add to the "imagine the reaction if Democrats did it" file.

“My ‘actings’ are doing really great,” Trump said earlier this year. “David (Bernhardt) is doing great at Interior. Mick Mulvaney is doing great as chief of staff. But I sort of like ‘acting.’ It gives me more flexibility. Do you understand that? I like ‘acting.’ So we have a few that are ‘acting.’ We have a great, great Cabinet.” 

https://www.apnews.com/36116a7fc14b469e8340962d8969bdb9

She can slink off and hang out with her buddy John Kelly and they can share stories about how they don't get any credit because their real victories were in what they prevented Trump from doing.

Like, I guess, maybe Krirsten prevented Trump from putting kids in even smaller cages?

2 hours ago, Jason said:

lol, okay, that's why he wound up not picking Big Dick Toilet Guy for Acting AG, right? 

These DC types don't fucking get it. Unless both houses of Congress are held by the party opposite of the president, the president is effectively above the law. And Americans are largely ok with this (provided who is in the WH, this changes on exactly who approves) because we want a king or a prime minister (effectively an elected dictator) not a president. This is because our legislature has been an abject failure. Requiring 60 votes to pass simple legislation in the senate is killing this country.  Add in the split of power between the two houses, and you've got a recipe for major needed change in the legislative branch.

I've been thinking about this lately. If Trump loses in 2020 and is then indicted SDNY, the most if not all of the potential future Presidents wouldn't lift finger to protect him. But what about his Cabinet? If Nielsen gets arrest by a country that has Universal Jurisdiction, would a President [insert Democrat here] intervene? 

5 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

I've been thinking about this lately. If Trump loses in 2020 and is then indicted SDNY, the most if not all of the potential future Presidents wouldn't lift finger to protect him. But what about his Cabinet? If Nielsen gets arrest by a country that has Universal Jurisdiction, would a President [insert Democrat here] intervene? 

Well, we have a law that we'll literally invade The Hague if an American official gets put on trial for crimes against humanity. 

6 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

She ought to be a pariah for the rest of her life, but with the way our media works she will make the rounds giving interviews, will write a book, and will probably wind up with a network job.

"But what about the things she didn't let Trump do?!?" :beatup: