Solo is up on Netflix.

Jason

Just finished it and what the hell is everyone bitching about? That movie was way better than people made it out to be and a lot of fun. And I didn’t think the guy playing Han did a terrible job either. I mean it wasn’t a perfect impersonation by any means but he got a bunch of his manurisms and the way he moved around. Enough that it felt like Han. Although his face when he smiled reminded me more of Dennis Quaid which made for an odd combo lol. Anyway I liked it, it was a fun ride and it def didn’t deserve all the hate it got. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Just finished it and what the hell is everyone bitching about? That movie was way better than people made it out to be and a lot of fun. And I didn’t think the guy playing Han did a terrible job either. I mean it wasn’t a perfect impersonation by any means but he got a bunch of his manurisms and the way he moved around. Enough that it felt like Han. Although his face when he smiled reminded me more of Dennis Quaid which made for an odd combo lol. Anyway I liked it, it was a fun ride and it def didn’t deserve all the hate it got. 

Because . . . 

9 hours ago, legend said:

I also just finished it. I can say confidently that it was a series of events in which some things happened, with characters we know about.

This.

It's just a bland, meaningless film that actually detracts from Star Wars' mythology in some ways without doing anything special or unique to at least justify it. It shoehorns a stupid, unnecessary amount of references and cameos and easter eggs into the movie and is bogged down by a repetitive plot and nothing even coming close to making me feel much of anything dramatically.

It's just a very inert film. There are things I liked about it (I like Alden as Han Solo) but it was a very blah movie for me, and I love Star Wars and enjoy Ron Howard directed films more often than not. I don't think it's the worst film ever but it could have been a lot better and should have been. 

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

Because . . . 

This.

It's just a bland, meaningless film that actually detracts from Star Wars' mythology in some ways without doing anything special or unique to at least justify it. It shoehorns a stupid, unnecessary amount of references and cameos and easter eggs into the movie and is bogged down by a repetitive plot and nothing even coming close to making me feel much of anything dramatically.

It's just a very inert film. There are things I liked about it (I like Alden as Han Solo) but it was a very blah movie for me, and I love Star Wars and enjoy Ron Howard directed films more often than not. I don't think it's the worst film ever but it could have been a lot better and should have been. 

Yeah, I didn't find it "offensive" if that's an appropriate term to describe unlikable movies. I just didn't feel anything for anything that happened in it. It might be memorable for how unmemorable it is.

It's still difficult for me to nail down my feelings on this one. I was rolling my eyes through a lot of it (basically every "clever" reference to the OT and those freaking dice) but those things didn't actively anger me like they seemed to do for some people. I liked the characters and the performances, but they deserved a better overall story. 

I could see myself choosing it when I'm in the mood for a little Star Wars, but probably with a drink or two.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

I thought a lot of people's problems with the movie went back to just immediately thinking "why the fuck is this necessary?" back when it was first announced?

That's part of it, but there is also the fact that Lord & Miller were fired, and the report that Alden Ehrenreich needed acting lessons.