Fortnite Compared to Heroin

skillzdadirecta

2 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

I was one of those people, though I’m not sure all that many PUBG players went to Fortnite. 

I think it owes most of its success to being free and less intimidating. It’s the biggest thing in the world thanks to the under 20 crowd. 

It's also fun and very streamable... the building aspect adds a lot and makes it more intimidating than pubg to me. I could never master the building and you can't play that game at a high level without it.

It's much more fun to watch Fortnite as a spectator than PUBG... and I play PUBG daily and have since it came out.

17 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It's much more fun to watch Fortnite as a spectator than PUBG... and I play PUBG daily and have since it came out.

I wouldn't agree on that. I'd say it probably depends on who you watch play and how they play. I find watching fortnite pretty dull. But watch some fast paced PUBG those final moments are always exciting.

27 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It's also fun and very streamable... the building aspect adds a lot and makes it more intimidating than pubg to me. I could never master the building and you can't play that game at a high level without it.

Fortnite is undeniably more approachable. PUBG has gone in the other direction to its detriment, but even on the surface Fortnite is the less intimidating game not to mention more accessible just straight up (available on basically everything including your refrigerator). 

As far as what’s more fun to watch, that’s entirely subjective. Certainly more people like to watch Fortnite than PUBG. 

I’ll never get into Fortnite for two main reasons: I cannot stand the building mechanic in practice (can appreciate the people who are great with it, but personally think it’s bad) and I think the shooting straight up sucks in that game. 

Conversation I had with my 7 year old son about a week ago:

Me: dude, what do you want for Christmas this year? 

Him: v-bucks

me: v-bucks? That’s it. 

Him: and cash

me: cash, for what?

him: so i can buy the battle pass

me: that’s it? That’s all you want? A new bike? Legos? 

Him: I need a headset too so I can tell these no skins to stop being noobs 

Me: :|

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, atom631 said:

Conversation I had with my 7 year old son about a week ago:

Me: dude, what do you want for Christmas this year? 

Him: v-bucks

me: v-bucks? That’s it. 

Him: and cash

me: cash, for what?

him: so i can buy the battle pass

me: that’s it? That’s all you want? A new bike? Legos? 

Him: I need a headset too so I can tell these no skins to stop being noobs 

Me: :|

https://www.rma.edu

Only way to help him before it's too late! ;)

Yeah, and he needs to get off my lawn too!!!

It never fails to amuse me when people who probably sounded like absolute lunatics to their parents now judge kids for the games kids are playing now.  My parents probably thought I had a stroke when I told them I wanted something called Chrono Trigger and Space Quest 6 The Spinal Frontier for Christmas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LazyPiranha said:

It never fails to amuse me when people who probably sounded like absolute lunatics to their parents now judge kids for the games kids are playing now.  My parents probably thought I had a stroke when I told them I wanted something called Chrono Trigger and Space Quest 6 The Spinal Frontier for Christmas.

I still know practically nothing about this game and I have no intentions to learn.

When we went to the Cubs game this Summer with my buddy and his 3 boys(ages 9, 11, and 15), he gave them all $40 to spend on food and said they could keep the rest. They decided to get the cheapest stuff possible so they could have the rest for Fortnite. If he'd been straight up buying them their food, they'd have probably gone for the more extravagant stuff. :lol: 

13 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

Actually, he needs to mow a lawn. Then if he wants to spend his hard earned cash on v-bucks, that's his decision.

16 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

I played sensible games like Splatterhouse and Fester's Quest!

On 12/1/2018 at 4:51 PM, LazyPiranha said:

For the record, I fully support him playing Fortnite. I have no problem with it (except when he literally refuses to do anything else, then i need to pull the plug). It was just funny hearing my 7yr old talk like that outta nowhere. 

BTW - for 7 hes actually pretty good. Hes never won a solo match but hes won a few squads and duos. He just doesnt have the dexterity to build super fast, which is required in the end-game if you want to win.