Is Mike Pence Loyal? Trump is Asking, Despite His Recent Endorsement

Jason

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Can a president “fire” a VP? Furthermore, can a president make his wife or chief of staff fire a VP for him? :daydream: 

He can ask him to resign.  He can't outright fire the VP though.  I'm sure when it comes to reelection, the President is under no legal/Constitutional obligation to use the existing VP as a running mate.  The Party could simply say "Thanks, but no thanks" and nominate another VP candidate. 

Just now, mclumber1 said:

He can ask him to resign.  He can't outright fire the VP though.  I'm sure when it comes to reelection, the President is under no legal/Constitutional obligation to use the existing VP as a running mate.  The Party could simply say "Thanks, but no thanks" and nominate another VP candidate. 

Yes, a president can absolutely choose a different running mate for VP during reelection.

Just now, Spork3245 said:

Yes, a president can absolutely choose a different running mate for VP during reelection.

Trump will nominate his own brain as his running mate, because he talks to it all the time and it's the best brain that knows very bigly words. The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Trump will nominate his own penis as his running mate, because he talks to it all the time and it's the best penis with a very bigly mushroom head. The penis, more important than the mouth, is called Toad. Toad is much more important.

FTFY

Spoiler

0-A0-E6442-E802-4800-B9-AC-DCC40-D1450-F

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

I can honestly see Trump dumping Pence for Ivanka for 2020 thinking that will be the way to get the woman vote.

This is what I am wondering - who could Trump bring in that would actually appeal to women voters? Just bringing in a woman is misogynistic in itself if they assume it will do the trick. It sure didn't work for Palin. The GOP has such a thin female bench anyway. God, I almost think Trump could want to bring in Ivanka. He won't, though. He will keep Pence in the end simply because he won't know how to actually get rid of him.

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

This is what I am wondering - who could Trump bring in that would actually appeal to women voters? Just bringing in a woman is misogynistic in itself if they assume it will do the trick. It sure didn't work for Palin. The GOP has such a thin female bench anyway. God, I almost think Trump could want to bring in Ivanka. He won't, though. He will keep Pence in the end simply because he won't know how to actually get rid of him.

He'd just ghost him until the convention when the signs have somebody else's name.  That night he will tweet trying to sound tough and in charge saying that Pence wasn't cutting it so he made the decision to make a change. 

26 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

You know, regardless as to whether Pence will be VP as normally happens or Trump does something shocking again and dumps him, it's ironic that, if he dumped him, evangelicals would take Trump's side over Pence.

They'd justify with some kind of mental gymnastics. The easiest being "Pence is a good man, just not the right man for the position. Trump needs [__fill in blank___]".

5 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

2018 GOP is a shell of its 2008 self.

On 11/16/2018 at 1:10 PM, RedSoxFan9 said:

Trump is going to pick a different VP in the next election :daydream:

People in Indiana are going to be miffed about Trump “firing” Pence but I’m going to enjoy every second of it

Yes because we are afraid he will come back :|