Mueller Season 3: The End Game

8 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

The Mueller is recommending no prison time for Flynn, siting substantial assistance with the Russia probe. 

When you put together no prison time,with the fact that Mueller put off this sentencing multiple times I see two possible reasons this is happening now.

Either Mueller leaned on him for months and Flynn just finally gave in, or Mueller really is entering the endgame and so this amounts to another example of Mueller giving us a peak behind the curtain.

My guess is the latter. I have never put much stock in any of the past "Mueller may be wrapping things up" rumors, but this time it really does seem like things are coming to a head.

9 hours ago, Jason said:

If you guys missed it, I strongly suggest you give a watch to Maddow's opening segment from this past Friday. 

She has consistently done great segments tying various aspects of this investigation together while most of the rest of the press treats each new Trump scandal as it's own separate thing. And this one is very good. It was mostly in response to Cohen's guilty plea, but it contains tantalizing connections to Flynn and Manafort that even those of us who follow this shit constantly probably forgot about(because there's just SO much, I can't even...)

It's especially worth watching in light of Mueller confirming that Flynn gave "useful information" and "firsthand accounts of the Trump transition team's contacts with Russia":thinking:

• Thanks 1

This is insanity.

The White House has no plan for what to do when the Mueller report drops.

At this point I kind of feel like if we can't take down this trove of crackpots, conmen, and amateurs then we really don't deserve to have a Democracy anyway.

Anyway, here is a baffling quote from Guiliani that, just left floating out there, sure sounds like he is calling Trump stupid or incompetent....

Giuliani said it’s been difficult in the past few months to even consider drafting response plans, or devote time to the “counter-report” he claimed they were working on this summer as he and Trump confronted Mueller’s written questions about the 2016 campaign.

“Answering those questions was a nightmare,” he told me. “It took him about three weeks to do what would normally take two days.”

11 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

This is insanity.

The White House has no plan for what to do when the Mueller report drops.

At this point I kind of feel like if we can't take down this trove of crackpots, conmen, and amateurs then we really don't deserve to have a Democracy anyway.

Anyway, here is a baffling quote from Guiliani that, just left floating out there, sure sounds like he is calling Trump stupid or incompetent....

• Haha 1