Mueller Season 3: The End Game

To me, it has long looked like people like Wade and Kal showed skepticism about what Mueller would uncover not so much because it's what they truly believe will happen, but because they want to keep their own expectations in check. The old saying about expecting the worst so all your surprises will be pleasant ones.

However, I think this sentiment is wrong for at least two reasons. The first is simply that the evidence we have seen again and again is that the report will be damning, with evidence of significant wrong doing by the Trump campaign and Trump himself.

But the second this is wrong is because it wastes all the cynicism one might have on the wrong step of the process. Trump isn't going to avoid repercussions because Mueller finds no evidence. Trump is going to skate because Republicans don't give a fuck.

This is why I predicted very early on(before I saw anyone even in the news and punditry saying it) that Whitaker might not be there to stop Mueller so much as investigate Trump's enemies. Mueller was too far along to stop, so he's going to turn this whole big ball of scandals into a huge butheremails clusterfuck.

What I see happening is that Mueller will release his report with damning results. Whitaker will start investigating Hillary, Comey, and everyone he can(Trump has signaled he may even directly investigate Mueller himself). The House will impeach Trump, the Senate will not convict Trump and the Republicans will go into 2020 hoping that they have thrown enough shit around so that the Golgathan Shit Demon they call president doesn't look any shittier than everyone else.

1 hour ago, mclumber1 said:

Has anyone noticed the difference in how CNN/MSNBC pronounces Mueller (Muller) versus Fox News (Mewler)?  I thought it was mildly interesting. 

As a speaker of German, I can say that at least as far as the German name goes, Fox News is actually pronouncing it more correctly. :p But of course in the end I suppose it is pretty much up to Mueller himself how he wants to pronounce it.