Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (the teenage witch reboot)

johnny

26 minutes ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

The entire show is SJW fanservice. But the worst part, haha, is that annoying blur lense effect in every goddamn scene. 

how dare they have Sabrina help out a friend who was sexually assaulted by classmates 

1 hour ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

The entire show is SJW fanservice. But the worst part, haha, is that annoying blur lense effect in every goddamn scene. 

How dare a show address social issues facing American youth today. Almost as bad as shows in the 70s and 80s that started to show black families living normal lives! Outrageous!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

I'm on to episode 5 and I'm enjoying it. It plays the same line that Buffy and Supernatural did with somewhat violent, but mostly quite silly.  I do hate the blur effect, though I appreciate it's to suggest 'magic' in the air.  

Magic must be in the air 100% of the time. Some of it gets so bad I can't watch. 

6 hours ago, johnny said:

how dare they have Sabrina help out a friend who was sexually assaulted by classmates 

There's nothing wrong with that but her friend could tell them who it was that lifted her shirt up. The way everything works is like those catlady mods on ResetEra wrote the show in their delusional vision of how the real world works. 

• Guillotine 1

I finished the show and overall it's pretty damned great. This has the potential to be another Buffy. The "man-hating devil worshipping all witches are non-human" rhetoric may bite them in the ass and a church of satan is suing Netflix for using their Baphomet design and may end up winning to where Neflix may have to pull the show or digitally replace the image somehow. But I liked it. "Thumbed up"

5 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Erm, how are they scams, exactly? Do you know anything at all about them?

Unless they are straight up devil worshipers, which these are not, bascially all of these Satan organizations are based off of or inspired by Laveys' satanism which was something he concocted solely as a business to make money. As I understand it the Temple does a lot of activisim but it's still all the same stuff to me. Silly nonsense. But that doesn't mean they don't have a case. If what they say is true that their design of their baphomet statue is copyrighted then Netflix is in trouble because the one on the show looks nearly identical. 

• 2 weeks later...

This show is woke AF. I'm only through one episode and I'm digging the warm cozy vibe. It had been so long since I'd thought about anything Sabrina that I had forgotten all of the non-Sabrina characters, so when Salem showed up my nostalgia receptors fired on all cylinders.

Also, this witch teacher is literally the least subtle character I've ever seen and I love it.

On 10/28/2018 at 5:02 PM, CitizenVectron said:

I do agree that the chromatic aberration is taken too far. It's a cool effect but should be saved for scenes involving magic or something. It's not bad enough to ruin the show, though.

This is by far the worst aspect of the show. It's bearable, but really annoying.

Other than that I'm enjoying the show.

Watched the first episode over my wife's shoulder and... is anyone else skeeved the fuck out about how the show is presenting Sabrina?  Maybe it's only the first episode, but they sure lay a ton of groundwork about how her 16th birthday is coming up meaning she is only 15 years old, yet there's a couple of really revealing shots of her.  I get that the actress herself is over 18, but god damn.  

Also, I found it unintentionally funny when her friend was trying to convince her to spend her sweet sixteen with her friends by saying it was her birthday AND Halloween.  Her birthday is always Halloween, that's how birthdays work.

3 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

Watched the first episode over my wife's shoulder and... is anyone else skeeved the fuck out about how the show is presenting Sabrina?  Maybe it's only the first episode, but they sure lay a ton of groundwork about how her 16th birthday is coming up meaning she is only 15 years old, yet there's a couple of really revealing shots of her.  I get that the actress herself is over 18, but god damn.  

Also, I found it unintentionally funny when her friend was trying to convince her to spend her sweet sixteen with her friends by saying it was her birthday AND Halloween.  Her birthday is always Halloween, that's how birthdays work.

Yeah, I was definitely taken aback by the light nudity in the first episode. It seemed like a gratuitous way to treat a 15 year old character, especially given that the context didn't really necessitate nudity. 

3 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

Someone needs to alert ohioguy asap.

No none of the almost nudity I found out of place. It’s not being presented in a gratuitous way. 

I gotta say I don’t mind the topical social stuff the show has but it’s really annoying how they’ve chosen to present it. Like it’s almost being done in a “monster of the week” style. Each episode they tack on another issue. Feels forced instead of just organically woven into the culture. Speaking of that, what time period is this supposed to take place in? They have phones but all the cars are old. 

So far everything she does with her friends I find meh to straight up annoying. Thank god the witch teacher is in most of these scenes as she might possibly be the best part of the whole show. Everything that goes in while Sabrina is in her witch element is phenomonal. Also they’re building a lot more mystery into the show than I was expecting. Annoying stuff aside, I’m really digging it. A lot more than I thought I would.