What do you love American cheese on?

Anathema-

4 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

This. Also pretty good on turkey sandwiches and other cold cuts. Oh and I put it in my eggs too.

My dad used to put them on sunny side up eggs. Not bad at all. - that is to say put a slice of American cheese on eggs.

I like to put shredded cheese in scrambled eggs.

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I don't think it's a Chicago thing, since I live way down in the South. 

And Chicago dogs are fucking delicious. One of my favorite parts of my vacation this Summer.

Me and my buddy whos from Chicago always get into debates about who has better hot dogs and pizza, Chicago or New York... Chicago dogs have too much crap on them.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Me and my buddy whos from Chicago always get into debates about who has better hot dogs and pizza, Chicago or New York... Chicago dogs have too much crap on them.

Don't New York dogs have sauerkraut? That shit is the grossest substance known to man.

I'm not a fan of relish, so that was the only thing I left off my Chicago dog. They're messy to eat, but delicious as fuck.

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Don't New York dogs have sauerkraut? That shit is the grossest substance known to man.

I'm not a fan of relish, so that was the only thing I left off my Chicago dog. They're messy to eat, but delicious as fuck.

Classic New York dog is mustard and Sauerkraut yes... that's all you need. Chilli, cheese and onions if you're splurging :p

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Classic New York dog is mustard and Sauerkraut yes... that's all you need. Chilli, cheese and onions if you're splurging :p

Yep, I'll be passing on the New York dog when I go. The mere thought of sauerkraut is enough to trigger my gag reflex.

If I'm just eating a dog at home, all I want is a little spicy brown mustard. 

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Yep, I'll be passing on the New York dog when I go. The mere thought of sauerkraut is enough to trigger my gag reflex.

If I'm just eating a dog at home, all I want is a little spicy brown mustard. 

I mean you don't HAVE to get the sauerkraut. 

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'd never touch a cheeseburger growing up, because everybody put shitty American cheese on it. Went to a good burger place when I finally got out of Podunk town and had a burger with harvarti cheese on it, among other things. Now that was a good burger.

Theres also a difference between Kraft singles and like the Land O'Lakes Deli American. I'm referring to the latter.

15 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'd be content to eliminate about 90% of cheese from the average American diet. Just let me keep my pizza, otherwise, I can completely do without cheese.

Oh, my triglycerides are through the roof and my blood pressure is 140/90, but #yolo.

2 hours ago, Chris- said:

I'm talking about distinct, scrambled eggs, not breakfast sandwiches. Calm yourself.

(But I still don't like American cheese, so fuck your bacon egg and cheese)

I'm still shocked that you think scrambled eggs with cheese is such an oddity... like every diner in the country offers it on the menu. It's not unusual at all.

6 hours ago, Chris- said:

Cheese in non-omelette eggs; obviously cheese in an omelette is normal, but I've never seen white people just throw cheese on some scrambled eggs.

I frequently mix cheese in with scrambled eggs. Most typically mozzarella, but I won't object to other cheeses. Except american. Because fuck american cheese.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Not a damn thing.

American cheese is the reason I hated cheese as a kid, because it's all my family ever bought. 

My family was the same way.  So i eventually stopped eating those crappy individually wrapped cheese slices for years afterwards.  Then one day at the grocery store the old guy at the deli counter recommended this Cooper white american cheese which turned out to be pretty good.  Its more dry feeling, doesn't have that weird sticky plastic feeling like kraft singles.  Try it if you haven't already. 

cooper-cheese-Hometown-Provisions.jpg

1 hour ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

ham and cheese, bologna and cheese, hell I even put cheese on tuna. But the BEST is egg sandwiches. 

Oh yeah, I put it on Tuna sandwiches too... Hot Pastrami and American Cheese is good too.

Wait, do people think that the only American Cheese is Kraft singles :lol: I don't think it even calls itself cheese on the package... more like "cheese food" or something like that. I don't eat that crap.