What do you love American cheese on?

Anathema-

Also, putting sugar in spaghetti sauce HAS to be a black thing; I've seen students do it, staff members do it, parents do it. The black internet should cease to make fun of white people potato salad for having the audacity to add sugar to jarred tomato sauce.

9 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Is this a black thing? I did not know it was a thing until I worked at a black school with black cafeteria workers. I was appalled.

Dunno... might be a Southern thing. I'll put cheese in grits too.

5 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Also, putting sugar in spaghetti sauce HAS to be a black thing; I've seen students do it, staff members do it, parents do it. The black internet should cease to make fun of white people potato salad for having the audacity to add sugar to jarred tomato sauce.

Ummm no. Some Italian recipes for homemade tomato sauce calls for sugar... it reduces the acidity. Some just put more than others.

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Dunno... might be a Southern thing. I'll put cheese in grits too.

Ummm no. Some Italian recipes for homemade tomato sauce calls for sugar... it reduces the acidity. Some just put more than others.

But I'm talking like jars of Ragu or Presto; I've even seen kids peel back the cheese on a slice of pizza, sprinkle in sugar, then place the cheese back. 

• Guillotine 1

3 minutes ago, Chris- said:

But I'm talking like jars of Ragu or Presto; I've even seen kids peel back the cheese on a slice of pizza, sprinkle in sugar, then place the cheese back. 

Some people like to sweeten their tomato sauce even in store bought sauces which already have a TON of sugar in them so again, it's not that odd. Those kids you're talking about are future diabetics though :p Here's an example of sugar in tomato sauce 

And as far as potato salad goes, carrots and raisins don't belong in potato salad... like EVER :p

27 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Is this a black thing? I did not know it was a thing until I worked at a black school with black cafeteria workers. I was appalled.

I do this all the time, I'm European. 

22 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Also false, I live in Queens and see Italians do that shit. Along with raisins...raisins in pasta, yes.

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

Are you talking about cheese in general or just American cheese? Because I thgout it was pretty common to put cheese in eggs, especially when making an omelette. I don't do it, personally, but I see it all the time, regardless of skin color.

57 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I only do it when I actually make my own sauce and only in the amount the recipe calls for.

A bit different, but I recently found out something that does appear to be a black thing: Peppermint and dill pickles. One of my black coworker/friends told me about it. First thing, though, she saw me eating a dill pickle and seemed surprised because she said she'd never known white folks to eat pickles. Now that was a surprise to me. I've been eating the shit outta dill pickles since I had teeth. but putting them with peppermint? :sick: 

7 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Are you talking about cheese in general or just American cheese? Because I thgout it was pretty common to put cheese in eggs, especially when making an omelette. I don't do it, personally, but I see it all the time, regardless of skin color.

A bit different, but I recently found out something that does appear to be a black thing: Peppermint and dill pickles. One of my black coworker/friends told me about it. First thing, though, she saw me eating a dill pickle and seemed surprised because she said she'd never known white folks to eat pickles. Now that was a surprise to me. I've been eating the shit outta dill pickles since I had teeth. but putting them with peppermint? :sick: 

That might be a regional thing... I've never heard of that. Black people from different parts of the country are into different things food-wise. I dated a girl who wasn't black once and she assumed that black people didn't like mayonnaise because of a previous relationship she had. I was like "what the hell are you talking about?!" I can't HAVE a sandwich without mayo. And White people in New York eat pickles all the time... they come with deli sandwiches. Some of this stuff is just regional a people make generic statements... except the potato salad thing :p

21 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I thought you were BSing about the pickle/peppermint but its true

https://www.chicagotribune.com/dining/ct-hearken-pickle-peppermint-food-0315-20170313-story.html

Nasty

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Cheese in non-omelette eggs; obviously cheese in an omelette is normal, but I've never seen white people just throw cheese on some scrambled eggs.

• Guillotine 1