The Drake/Kendrick Lamar Beef is definitely...going places

I've been following his on and off for a few weeks now because I just find rap beefs to be highly entertaining and usually quite hilarious, but this one took a pretty dark turn over the weekend.  Rolling Stone provides a pretty good summary of the events so far:

WWW.ROLLINGSTONE.COM

The Kendrick Lamar-Drake beef explained

The dark turn involves the diss tracks that each of them released over the last few days, especially this one:

If Kendrick Lamar thought he killed Drake’s spirit with “Meet the Grahams,” “Not Like Us” is the Compton rapper dancing on its grave to his chant of “Say O-V-Ho.” This track was far less severe in tone than the previous two, though it leans deeper into Lamar’s disturbing allegations that Drake and his crew are sexually violent, outright calling them “certified pedophiles” with single art depicting Drake’s Toronto home as harboring multiple sex offenders. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Drake/Kendrick Lamar Beef is definitely...going places

I only just became aware of this escalation and I find it pretty funny. While most rap beefs seem to be clever publicity stunts more than anything, Kendrick is really going at him now... and good.

Kendrick >>>>>>>>> Drake

I don't understand the appeal of Drake.

I strongly dislike Drake as a person and I believe he’s very much the creep that he’s being painted as, but if the stuff he’s alleging about Kendrick beating his wife is true then they are both garbage.

On 5/7/2024 at 9:25 AM, Kamusha said:

I strongly dislike Drake as a person and I believe he’s very much the creep that he’s being painted as, but if the stuff he’s alleging about Kendrick beating his wife is true then they are both garbage.

Sure. Beef isn't really about who is worse it's about what you say, and what you can get people to believe. Drake has already tried hiding one son, Drake has messed around with several underage girls in the past, and all of Kendrick's comments about Drake being a culture vulture/colonizer are 100% true, so the shots against Drake stick. The stuff about Kendrick could be true, but there's no proof or past events that gives Drake's claims any weight. Like I wouldn't be surprised if he hit his wife, but I'm def not taking Drake's word without some proof. 

4 hours ago, johnny said:

Sure. Beef isn't really about who is worse it's about what you say, and what you can get people to believe. Drake has already tried hiding one son, Drake has messed around with several underage girls in the past, and all of Kendrick's comments about Drake being a culture vulture/colonizer are 100% true, so the shots against Drake stick. The stuff about Kendrick could be true, but there's no proof or past events that gives Drake's claims any weight. Like I wouldn't be surprised if he hit his wife, but I'm def not taking Drake's word without some proof. 

I get you but I wasn't saying that the battle was over who's a worse person, but I should have been more clear that what I meant it's just hard for get as involved if their both garbage. However, since that post I've looked into it a little bit and there's a good chance Drake is making shit up. You're right that the allegations against Drake are more believable which is why Not Like Us is so damning. For the record I definitely much prefer Kendrick's music over Drake's.