New (alleged) 2witch details from Chinese peripheral manufacturer, including "electromagnetic suction" technology for the Joy-Cons

WWW.MOBAPAD.COM

Prepare to embark on an adventure with Nintendo's highly anticipated Switch 2, featuring enhanced features, backward compatibility, and innovative design. Stay informed on the latest gaming advancements for an immersive experience like never before awaits!

We, like everyone else, are eagerly anticipating accurate information about the Switch 2!

In the process of developing the next-generation console controller, Mobapad has also acquired a lot of firsthand information about the Switch 2, and now we're here to share it with everyone.

1. The Switch 2 will continue to support existing Joy-Cons and the Pro Controller, still equipped with ALPS dual-axis linear motors for HD rumble.

2. The cartridge slot of the Switch 2 will support backward compatibility with physical Switch game cartridges, ensuring compatibility with players' existing game libraries, including digital versions. However, the second-generation cartridges may not be compatible with the first-generation console.

3. The new version of Joy-Con has a larger volume, and the sliding rail structure has been changed to magnetic suction. The SL and SR buttons are metal buttons. Magnetic suction is achieved through electromagnetic suction technology, controlled by electric current. It's worth noting that, in addition to the L, ZL, R, and ZR buttons on the sides of the Joy-Con controller, a third button has been added on both the left and right sides.

Additionally, below the HOME button on the right Joy-Con, there is an additional function button!

4. The bottom of the Switch 2 will still feature a USB-C port for docking, and the new generation dock will undergo minor changes in appearance while enhancing performance, supporting 4K resolution.

5. The new dock will feature a damping bracket on the back, allowing for a greater range of adjustable angles.

6. The screen will be upgraded to an 8-inch display, supporting 1080P resolution.

Regarding the rumored  electromagnetic technology for the Joy-Cons:

WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

It also claims the new hardware can connect wirelessly to existing Joy-Cons…

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

It better release with a new Mario 3-D title and Metroid Prime 4. 

It's gonna release with the sickest Metroid Prime 4 teaser trailer and apology jpeg you've ever seen!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

I’ll await your utter disappointment. :daydream:

In reality I hope Nintendo has an awesome launch with Switch 2. They have had plenty of time to prepare for it so I'm pretty positive it will ge good. I'm just glad there is going to be a new Nintendo system after 8 years. I want to see Zelda in 4K. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

In reality I hope Nintendo has an awesome launch with Switch 2. They have had plenty of time to prepare for it so I'm pretty positive it will ge good. I'm just glad there is going to be a new Nintendo system after 8 years. I want to see Zelda in 4K. 

It’s going to be another Nintendo console made from modified obsolete chips once again. 

4k? It’s rumored to be on par with the PS4 from reports. Not even the pro! 

Its success depends on price and library. It’s going to be very difficult to capture the Switch’s popularity, but also I will never bet against Nintendo. 

They definitely need to come in at 400 or less, and that might be hard. 

12 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

It’s going to be another Nintendo console made from modified obsolete chips once again. 

Its success depends on price and library. It’s going to be very difficult to capture the Switch’s popularity, but also I will never bet against Nintendo. 

Even if the visuals are PS4 quality Nintendo has such amazing art style these games will look phenomenal. I definitely see it launching below $400, too. 

24 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Even if the visuals are PS4 quality Nintendo has such amazing art style these games will look phenomenal. I definitely see it launching below $400, too. 

I do not. Not with electronics, manufacturing, and shipping costs what they currently are. Im fully prepared for it to be 450-500$. Maybe with a new Mario or something to ease the sting, but more likely just some shitty mini game collection.

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

I do not. Not with electronics, manufacturing, and shipping costs what they currently are. Im fully prepared for it to be 450-500$. Maybe with a new Mario or something to ease the sting, but more likely just some shitty mini game collection.

You might be correct. Well I'll dish out whatever Nintendo wants. 

3 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Switch was $350 at launch correct?

My first reaction to the controller suction was that it sounds kinda stupid, but I guess it could be cool. I just hope that's not like the big thing is like it's just more creative mechanically. At the same time, I'm encouraged it seems to not only be software BC but hardware to some degree as well. 

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

You might be correct. Well I'll dish out whatever Nintendo wants. 

I hope I'm incorrect as well. And I will absolutely buy one either way. 

I could be wrong, but in 2024 a new Switch OLED is still 350$. Prices didn’t really drop during the Switches life, and I can’t see this being cheaper. 

did the PS4 price drop after the Pro came out? I don’t remember. Is the switch the first console to remain the same price through its whole life cycle? The launch one is still 300 I believe?

My understanding is the state of component costs and whatnot is going to make price drops on any console rather difficult for the foreseeable future. I would be pretty surprised at an Nintendo product launching at more than 400 bucks though. I would guess it'll be $350. 

1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

My first reaction to the controller suction was that it sounds kinda stupid, but I guess it could be cool. I just hope that's not like the big thing is like it's just more creative mechanically. At the same time, I'm encouraged it seems to not only be software BC but hardware to some degree as well. 

The "electromagnetic suction" for the Joy-Cons just sounds like an over-engineered solution in search of an actual problem, to say nothing of its potential effect on battery charge duration.

• True 1

41 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The "electromagnetic suction" for the Joy-Cons just sounds like an over-engineered solution in search of an actual problem, to say nothing of its potential effect on battery charge duration.

It's likely still a slide-on mechanism except it locks in using magnets instead of the current press-a-button thing.

10 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

This was a strange one for me.  I wasn't aware there were magnets that could be turned on/off with a small power pulse.  A quick google search left me unable to find any real science behind it, so I am a little dubious.

On 4/29/2024 at 6:00 PM, BloodyHell said:

I give them a slight hope for not awful 4K since they're using Nvidia and maybe have a DLSS solution.

13 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

This was a strange one for me.  I wasn't aware there were magnets that could be turned on/off with a small power pulse.  A quick google search left me unable to find any real science behind it, so I am a little dubious.

It's likely a dumb overcomplication by whoever is gathering these rumors. Watch it just be like rails with a hook that can be engaged/disengaged with a quick polarity flip. Pulse power into the magnet in one direction to flip the hook into place. Pulse power into the magnet in other direction to retract it.

17 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

It's likely a dumb overcomplication by whoever is gathering these rumors. Watch it just be like rails with a hook that can be engaged/disengaged with a quick polarity flip. Pulse power into the magnet in one direction to flip the hook into place. Pulse power into the magnet in other direction to retract it.

One of my favorite Nintendo rumors was the GameCube controller secret that people couldn't stop speculating about before launch. People went absolutely apeshit and it turned out to be the click at the end of the shoulder button press IIRC. Good stuff.

Anyway why anyone would get genuinely excited about a Nintendo controller feature after HD rumble is beyond me.

• True 1

31 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Anyway why anyone would get genuinely excited about a Nintendo controller feature after HD rumble is beyond me.

Hey, HD Rumble is amazing in the whole two games that use it. Did you say games? I meant tech demos.

3 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Yeah that makes a lot more sense if it just helps it hook into place. Actually using magnets to hold the thing together would obviously be terrible and would never work, and every other idea I've seen has seemed really farfetched.

Also calling it "electromagnetic suction" is the dumbest shit ever.