State of the Union - March 7th 9pm EST

I don't troll on this section because I understand how important politics are to you guys on here. But any time I say one thing that goes against the leftist here I get attacked...PERSONALLY. It's absolutely childish and and completely uncalled for.

I try to stay away but I am allowed to voice my opinion on this forum and I shouldn't be attacked personally for it. 

That's where modding is useless here. 

• True 1

35 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I don't troll on this section because I understand how important politics are to you guys on here. But any time I say one thing that goes against the leftist here I get attacked...PERSONALLY. It's absolutely childish and and completely uncalled for.

If your opinion is that a man responsible for the deaths of thousands/hundreds of thousands in a pandemic (and countless other problems) is "one of the best" US Presidents, then yes, you can be attacked for it.

35 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I try to stay away but I am allowed to voice my opinion on this forum and I shouldn't be attacked personally for it. 

If you don't want an opinion criticized, then don't share it. Being mad that someone is attacking an opinion is the definition of being a snowflake.

1 hour ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

IDK, my pockets and 401K were much fatter when Trump was in office compared to any other recent presidents.....just my two cents. Still prefer poor to dictatorship though lol 

Well for me, I went from a contractor to a full-time employee in 2022, so thanks Biden :p

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

IDK, my pockets and 401K were much fatter when Trump was in office compared to any other recent presidents.....just my two cents. Still prefer poor to dictatorship though lol 

A lot of people got rich under Bush II, Reagan, etc. A lot of people got rich under Stalin and Hitler. Getting rich thanks to the evil actions of others doesn't justify that evil.

51 minutes ago, Brian said:

I agree. It was uncalled for.  This is why I said to create a Canada thread and keep those users in there so they can talk endlessly about their country that no on cares about. 

He has a surface-level understanding of politics and tends to be swayed by the last argument he hears. Thinking any any point that Trump was a great President is a sign of intellectual and moral rot. I'm not going to lay off that point if I see it.

• True 1

21 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

He has a surface-level understanding of politics and tends to be swayed by the last argument he hears. Thinking any any point that Trump was a great President is a sign of intellectual and moral rot. I'm not going to lay off that point if I see it.

You know absolutely nothing about me. I was personal friends with Pennsylvania senators in college and know a lot about politics. Just because I don't mind Trump doesn't give you the right to attack me personally or my intelligence. My views have changed but I'm not far left like everyone on here.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

That's where modding is useless here. 

Maybe I’m a bit harsh, but honestly, politics are an important conversation. They affect our everyday lives. More people should be politically active because the dumbest of the dumb who are mind rotted by the Fox News Cinematic Universe vote in EVERY election.

I’ve explained my history here, so it triggers me when I see phrases like “Trump was a great president”.

He wasn’t. He was one of the worst. And it was a result of political apathy and the “both sides are the same” mindset that led to him becoming President. 

• Like 1
  • True 2
  • Halal 3

Just now, MarSolo said:

Maybe I’m a bit harsh, but honestly, politics are an important conversation. They affect our everyday lives. More people should be politically active because the dumbest of the dumb who are mind rotted by the Fox News Cinematic Universe vote in EVERY election.

I’ve explained my history here, so it triggers me when I see phrases like “Trump was a great president”.

He wasn’t. He was one of the worst. And it was a result of political apathy and the “both sides are the same” mindset that led to him becoming President. 

Yea, I understand your history with covid and how Trump completely mishandled everything. I shouldn't have said he was a great President but I was just frustrated and being dumb (in another section of the boards). I understand he is not a good person nor was he a good President. 

I also understand politics are important but getting too invested in it causes more hate than good sometimes. I see it in here when I say something that goes against the views here. 

But I'll continue to voice my opinion where I see fit but be more understanding. I have nothing but love for everyone here so it is unfortunate when I get attacked personally for saying things that are true but get shit on because of how liberal this forum is. 

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, MarSolo said:

So then why say he was one the best? To troll? Congrats. Saying that to people who lost family and friends thanks to his mishandling of covid is not the flex you think it is.

If ANYONE ELSE, especially a Democrat, was President during 2020, it wouldn’t have been the disaster it was.

People don’t understand how bad the Covid response under Trump was. The US has about 4% of the world population but is responsible for 17% of all Covid deaths. If Hillary had been president during Covid 800000 people would still be alive

• True 2
  • Halal 2

57 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Sure. I also think it’s a fair to point out that you were a complete dick in your post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • True 1
  • Halal 1

2 hours ago, outsida said:

People don’t understand how bad the Covid response under Trump was. The US has about 4% of the world population but is responsible for 17% of all Covid deaths. If Hillary had been president during Covid 800000 people would still be alive

I certainly think Trump poured gasoline on the fire and that he actively undermined things that could help, but a huge problem with America right now is nonsense conspiracy minded horseshit.  I don’t think that if Hilary were president, that the horse paste chugging 5g loonies would have just played ball with everyone else.

• True 3

9 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

I’m sure a debate will happen. Biden took him to school last time and Trump single handedly cost himself the suburban white woman vote when he mocked Hunter Biden’s drug use after spending four years telling suburban white women he cared about their children dying of drug use.

• True 1

@best3444 is good people and so is @CitizenVectron

7 hours ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

Interesting. My 401K has always been doing good under Obama, the economy to which Trump rode into office. With Trump, my tax returns went from $1 to $2 after his tax cuts for rich people, whereas now they're 4 figures after tax credits attributable to the Inflation Reduction Act.

Plus the high interest yield on my savings, which has led to a considerable amount more money than under Trump.

What did Trump even do besides sign one bill that benefitted the rich? An insurrection when he got emotional after losing? I don't remember more jobs being created under him, either.

4 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

@best3444is trying to grow and I think we don't need to bring up old stuff as "gotchas" 

Agreed. 

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

8 hours ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

What are you invested in? My portfolio is at an all time high. Thank you Biden!

54 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

What are you invested in? My portfolio is at an all time high. Thank you Biden!

Donald Trump Thumbs Up GIF by Justin Gammon

I don’t know how a well invested portfolio could possibly be higher under Trump. 

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

Joe Biden Tells MSNBC He Regrets Using Term "Illegal" To Refer To "Undocumented" Immigrant In State Of The Union Address

"An undocumented person," Biden said. "I shouldn't have used illegal, it's undocumented. And look, when I spoke about the difference between Trump and me, one of the things I talked about in the border was his, the way he talks about vermin, the way he talks about these people polluting the blood. I talked about what I'm not going to do. What I won't do. I'm not going to treat any, any, any of these people with disrespect. Look, they built the country. The reason our economy is growing. We have to control the border and more orderly flow, but I don't share his view at all."

Capehart followed up. "So, you regret using that word?"

"Yes," Biden said.