Russell Brand accused of rape, sexual assault and emotional abuse

SaysWho?

WWW.THETIMES.CO.UK

Four women, including one who was just 16, make allegations after an investigation by The Sunday Times, The Times and Channel 4 Dispatches

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Claims related to seven-year period are detailed in Times and Channel 4 investigation after actor had already denied allegations

The allegations between 2006 and 2013 were the result of a joint investigation by the Sunday Times, the Times and Channel 4 Dispatches. Brand denies the allegations.

Five alleged victims, four of them anonymous, were interviewed in the Dispatches documentary aired on Saturday night.

Brand’s lawyers characterised the way in which the request for comment was made as part of a “pre-conceived strategy aimed at damaging their client”, according to the report. They added that he believed there was a “deeply concerning agenda to all this, namely the fact that he is an alternative media broadcaster competing with mainstream media”. The Sunday Times said Brand’s lawyers did not reply to further requests for comment.

According to the paper’s report, one of the women said Brand entered into a relationship with her while he was 31 and she was still a 16-year-old schoolgirl. She reportedly said he referred to her as “the child” during an alleged emotionally abusive and controlling three-month relationship.

She told Dispatches the presenter once “forced his penis down her throat”, making her choke, which led her to punch him in the stomach to make him stop.

I was speaking to my wife about this yesterday. On reflection, a man with substance issues that openly said he was a sex addict and had slept with hundreds of women, shouldn’t leave us shocked that he’s actually (possibly at the moment I suppose…) a terrible person. I also wonder how Katy Perry feels currently.

• True 1

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

It never ceases to amaze me how many people will reject allegations like these. 

“Where’s the hard evidence?” 

“they’re all lying!”

like, I doubt that many women conspire together to bring accusations like this about. 

Not to mention coming out in numbers is often the only way to safely come forward, as if it turns out there's not enough proof and he gets off Scott free, it can ruin your life. Even if it did happen.

You see a lot of "why did it take so long to come forward?" When the simple answer was that they never felt comfortable doing it alone.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Not to mention coming out in numbers is often the only way to safely come forward, as if it turns out there's not enough proof and he gets off Scott free, it can ruin your life. Even if it did happen.

You see a lot of "why did it take so long to come forward?" When the simple answer was that they never felt comfortable doing it alone.

Yeah and as for the hard evidence, what do these people need? A video? Like most cases of sexual assault don’t leave much in the way of hard evidence. Even genital trauma tries to get passed off as rough sex . 

6 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Yeah and as for the hard evidence, what do these people need? A video? Like most cases of sexual assault don’t leave much in the way of hard evidence. Even genital trauma tries to get passed off as rough sex . 

Even then it doesn’t matter.  It’s team sports all the way down.  Short of a video of someone in perfect clarity of an obvious and extremely violent rape, a huge portion of people are not going to care.  

23 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

He's seemed like a piece of shit for quite a while. 

It always annoyed me how he was hailed as like some intellectual. 

I guess it's partially his accent and his articulate speaking, but yeah his actual arguments are pretty vapid and nonsensical if you actually know the subject area. 

9 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

The right-wing is always obsessed over Hollywood types preying on children...yet for some odd reason they aren't going after Brand in this case.

I think it because he embraced some of the covid conspiracies and they rallied around him a bit for being the Hollywood person that spoke out. 

• Halal 1

8 hours ago, Nokra said:

I guess it's partially his accent and his articulate speaking, but yeah his actual arguments are pretty vapid and nonsensical if you actually know the subject area. 

The best is when Brand actually has someone who’s arguing against the nonsense he’s spouting, Brand just goes into ridiculously bad faith arguments and/or gish gallops like a MFer

• True 1

The onion again captures my feelings on an issue:

WWW.THEONION.COM

NEW YORK—Stressing that the memory seemed so fresh and vivid in their minds, the confused nation announced Monday that they could have sworn British entertainer Russell Brand was already a convicted sex offender. “Interesting...so Russell Brand definitely wasn’t already found guilty of sexual assault back in,…

• Haha 3
  • True 1

4 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I cannot wrap my head around the hubris to be, “why have I, noted cocksman, been called out for my sexual activity? Ah it must be because when I get in front of a microphone I keep it TOO REAL.”

I mean, if it was just being a manwhore, he shouldn’t be called out. As long as it’s consensual, we shouldn’t give a shit.

but this isn’t “sexual activity”, it’s rape, and he should burn for it. 

Apparently one girl got a rape kit done. It’s doubtful, but hopefully the hospital still has it, and this guy can get at least some of what he deserves. 

4 hours ago, Firewithin said:

his defense force is certainly a whose who telling you all you need to know

It's fucking hilarious that his "defense" is that people are coming after him for speaking up against the government or the establishment or fucking whatever, which makes him dangerous... as if there isn't an ENTIRE COTTAGE INDUSTRY dedicated to that at this point. And you know... most of them don't get accused of rape.