OMG APPLE HURRY UP

stepee

My phones battery is pissing me off but I decided to go iphone again and also I want a new apple watch (mine is a 3 and seems to have issues charging so I’m not using it) really badly but I need the new ones to come out so I can give them money. Also I want a new apple tv and I’d like an ipad mini but Im not buying those until they refresh them either. Hurrrrryyyyyyy

11 minutes ago, stepee said:

My phones battery is pissing me off but I decided to go iphone again and also I want a new apple watch (mine is a 3 and seems to have issues charging so I’m not using it) really badly but I need the new ones to come out so I can give them money. Also I want a new apple tv and I’d like an ipad mini but Im not buying those until they refresh them either. Hurrrrryyyyyyy

@sblfilms alt?

• Hugs 1

Even if I could afford it, I’ve realized that I really don’t need the latest and greatest in tech, especially cell phones. I haven’t upgraded from my SE because I like still having a button, and I like the smaller form factor. All I need is a better battery and I would be perfectly happy with it.

I used to do every year but then I switched to every two years, with this being my longest now at three years. But yeah the main thing is I just want decent battery again. If it really is a 6x optical zoom though, that would be really nice for my vacations.

I recently got an iPhone 13 after my XR finally kicked the bucket...It had a crack running lengthwise of the screen that wasn't an issue for a year and half, then one day the screen got all glitchy and fucked (maybe because the crack finally compromised whatever layer of the display is underneath the initial glass).

8 minutes ago, Brian said:

I wanted to wait for this year too due to the USB C, but my 11 port got fucked once again and I couldn’t charge it. I had to find the right angle for the charging cable to charge. I got fed up and bought the 14 Pro around December. 

Yeah iphone 14 was soooo underwhelming but I hear ya, just my charge being so low has made it hard to wait the last two months since I started going out more. This one yeah at least I fucking get usb c finally. It’s rumored for the 12th, hope that is true.

14 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

<----- has never owned and will never own an Apple product.

Same.

I'm not sure why, but when all the iProducts were first coming out I said I would never own one and I still haven't. It feels like I'm sticking it to someone and that I'm better than my peers.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, stepee said:

I got supppper close to switching after being iphone since the first. But I heard rumors that iphone might have a fold in 24 or at least 25. I can give them that long to keep my ecosystem. 

Android could release a phone that could make me a sandwich, make love to me, and print money and I would not go over to that ecosystem. No thanks bro.

I got forced into getting an iPhone 13 after my carrier (Boost) switched from Sprint to Tmobile (or whatever it was) and the old phone wouldn't work on the network or something. That was the first iphone I bought. My previous phone was an iPhone but a hand me down from my friend, an iphone S (like the original kind) and prior to that I had a Windows phone and it was  okay but the app store felt like it was bootleg everything.

iPhone suits my needs fine enough. I can text my friends (which before free texting was a thing iMessage was free - I would text all my friends with an ipad touch, that was also given to me, it was just like an iphone but you couldn't call anyone on it) get a call, use an app. I'm not a mad hacker as all these android people seem to be, I don't need crazy customization. I don't live on my phone.

In any case basically since I had a ipod touch I've been in the ecostyem since all your apps stay connected and all that jazz. Heck even my game of Kim Kardashian's Hollywood that I started on the ipod touch works on my newer idevices. I have an ipad pro as well, and had/have an ipod classic but it's broken right now. Anyone know anyone who knows how to use a soldering iron?

:sickos:

20 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Yeah, I have the 12 Pro and a series 6 watch. I'm wanting to upgrade, but holding off. Sucks for me because I'd like to have a new phone for Japan, but I don't think they'' be out before we leave. And at any rate, I just paid off my phone and unlocked it so I can use a e-sim over there.

One of the very few times I wished I had an iPhone is when I was in Tokyo earlier this month so that I could set up a Suica card in Apple Pay.

I continue to not care about customization on phones, or most of the features that Android people swear by. I really don't use my phone for much more than phone functions, email, a little web browsing, and taking pics or videos of my kids.

4 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I continue to not care about customization on phones, or most of the features that Android people swear by. I really don't use my phone for much more than phone functions, email, a little web browsing, and taking pics or videos of my kids.

Donald Trump Pervert GIF

• 2 weeks later...

It happened!

I already ordered my Apple Watch Ultra 2 which looks awesome and @CastlevaniaNut18 the watches can be ordered now and arrive on the 22nd if you still wanted to get one before your trip!

New iphone i can’t order until Friday but hopefully if I get my order in early enough I get that next friday also which would be amazing. Really excited for the new camera now for my trips. Especially going from 2x to 5x optical zoom. Going to probably go with the 512gb Pro Max because I don’t even use the 256gb I have since I just offload to the cloud.

• Hype 1

I recently ditched the Apple Watch in favor of a Garmin, partially because I was tired of having what amounts to a phone on my wrist. I found it to be pretty counterproductive, even if it was self-induced (since you can disable a lot of those settings). The Garmin actually has a lot of the same capabilities (I'm talking like text alerts to your wrist and stuff like that), but it was an easier break since it was a new thing and it doesn't talk to the phone as cleanly as the Apple Watch does. 

I think they're really neat devices, but the cynical part of me just always has this feeling that the main draw is they keep you more closely tied to your phone, you pick it up more often, you get a notification that you otherwise would have waited to get in a bunch later when you picked up your phone, and before you know it you've picked your phone up because of your watch 50 extra times in a day. Then you get distracted checking shit and it just snowballs. 

I also find Apple's handling of fitness tracking to be a little insidious. In fairness, again, you can turn a lot of it off, but even now that I've switch the Garmin doesn't shake hands quite as well as the apple watch... so even though I haven't changed anything in my routine, if anything I've become more active than I already am (which is pretty damn active), my phone will tell me "hey it looks like you're a fuckin piece of shit, we've noticed some changes to your activity level." 

Anyway... I won't say I'll never go back to an Apple Watch but it has been refreshing to cut that cord. I like the design of the AW Ultra or whatever they call it but it's priced way too high for my liking. 

3 hours ago, stepee said:

It happened!

I already ordered my Apple Watch Ultra 2 which looks awesome and @CastlevaniaNut18 the watches can be ordered now and arrive on the 22nd if you still wanted to get one before your trip!

New iphone i can’t order until Friday but hopefully if I get my order in early enough I get that next friday also which would be amazing. Really excited for the new camera now for my trips. Especially going from 2x to 5x optical zoom. Going to probably go with the 512gb Pro Max because I don’t even use the 256gb I have since I just offload to the cloud.

Debating on ordering the watch or just going to the Apple store. I want to trade in my current watch and maybe it'll be less hassle if I go to the store. But then the damn store will probably be super busy when all this stuff drops next week.

Really wish I had a new phone for the trip, but I just don't wanna drop that much money right before vacation. Ughhhhh.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Debating on ordering the watch or just going to the Apple store. I want to trade in my current watch and maybe it'll be less hassle if I go to the store. But then the damn store will probably be super busy when all this stuff drops next week.

Really wish I had a new phone for the trip, but I just don't wanna drop that much money right before vacation. Ughhhhh.

Yeah I debated this for a moment just so I wouldn’t have to worry about missing the delivery person, but in person sounds like a nightmare with iphone 15 the same day and it said you had to pick a queue time to come in. I think you’d save time sending it in!

Just now, stepee said:

Yeah I debated this for a moment just so I wouldn’t have to worry about missing the delivery person, but in person sounds like a nightmare and it said you had to pick a queue time to come in. I think you’d save time sending it in!

I just hope I answered the questions accurately. Only thing I'm worried about is that mine has some scratches on the screen. If I count them, it drops my trade-in from $115 to $20. But when I traded in my last watch in the store, they didn't care about the scratches.

6 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

What's an app drawer? I just put most of my lesser used apps into folders, I've done that for a long time.

The app drawer is where all installed apps "live" or are listed. So your main screen is more customizable and you don't have to have ALL of your apps "visible" on it.

It's KINDA like the "Apps and Programs" thing in Windows in that is lists every installed app... except you don't launch shit from there on Windows but you do / can on Android.

I'm sure someone who uses Android on the regular could describe it better but I don't think that's wrong, per se.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I just hope I answered the questions accurately. Only thing I'm worried about is that mine has some scratches on the screen. If I count them, it drops my trade-in from $115 to $20. But when I traded in my last watch in the store, they didn't care about the scratches.

damn, basically drops it to “not even worth sending it in” hopefully they are light scratches