OMG APPLE HURRY UP

stepee

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Fortunately my husband was home to retrieve it. But yeah, that would be awful. 

Our neighborhood is pretty good, never had any porch theft. 

Yeah me either but if I get notification that something has been delivered my paranoia kicks in and I start to worry lol

I had an iPhone for a few years, it was alright. I can't say I particularly care whether I have Apple or Android much. I had two iPhones, both of which I got for free. Then I got a Google pixel for free. The phone I have now (Pixel 4a 5g) is the first phone in like a decade I actually paid for, and I got it for like $350 a little over a year after it came out. I've had it for 2 years. It's still doing fine other than I need to get the charging port fixed (which costs like $50 at a repair store, if that)

The price of phones drops so much so fast for me to ever consider buying a new one at launch when the upgrades are usually so minimal.

• Halal 1

8 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I had an iPhone for a few years, it was alright. I can't say I particularly care whether I have Apple or Android much. I had two iPhones, both of which I got for free. Then I got a Google pixel for free. The phone I have now (Pixel 4a 5g) is the first phone in like a decade I actually paid for, and I got it for like $350 a little over a year after it came out. I've had it for 2 years. It's still doing fine other than I need to get the charging port fixed (which costs like $50 at a repair store, if that)

The price of phones drops so much so fast for me to ever consider buying a new one at launch when the upgrades are usually so minimal.

Cool. Nobody asked. 

10 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Excited Ultimate Warrior GIF by WWE

When will they be playable?

All I know is RE Village is Oct 30th but I already own that in VR on ps5 and on PC. Mirage isn’t until next year. RE4 is probably also October or November. I think Death Stranding is in December - that is the one I’m most likely to actually play through as I’ve never gotten far in it before. I just want to see them and you can’t have too much RE4 so if that’s first I’ll get it!

There will be a demo of Village and RE4 too so you can at least check them out as a tech demo without buying. 

9 minutes ago, stepee said:

All I know is RE Village is Oct 30th but I already own that in VR on ps5 and on PC. Mirage isn’t until next year. RE4 is probably also October or November. I think Death Stranding is in December - that is the one I’m most likely to actually play through as I’ve never gotten far in it before. I just want to see them and you can’t have too much RE4 so if that’s first I’ll get it!

There will be a demo of Village and RE4 too so you can at least check them out as a tech demo without buying. 

Gonna need impressions 

41 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Gonna need impressions 

For sure, I’m super interested in the tech, and in Apple’s super efficient yet highly capable chips they are developing now. I imagine the next ipad pro is going to have a M3 and blow away a ps5 in power. Crazy times! I could see a future where there is an apple tv with a m2 or whatever, the ipad, the phone, and idk, maybe buying an ios version of a game as my main way to play it starts to make sense.

Im curious how the 15pro will stack against my ROG Ally, which is about a series s in power. 

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Okay, I’m IN LOVE with the Snoopy face. I love all the different animations. Didn’t know it did that.

Took forever to get it set up this morning. My phone never notified me about upgrading to iOS 17, so I had to do that before connecting the watch and I swear that took an hour. 

It took SO LONG to update to ios17 omg. I was setting up my new ipad, watch, and tv at the same time and I had to wait for that before any of them since I started with the watch and I was getting so annoyed how long it was taking lol

And yeah the animations are awesome! I don’t think my last watch (3) even did animations. I’m loving the watch and now I remember that I actually feel less tied to my phone with it because I’m taking the phone out of my pocket less.

• Like 1

ITS HERE

It’s getting set up now but it really is a bit lighter! It’s a gorgeous thing and makes me wish I felt confident enough I wouldn’t drop it to go caseless. It’s a bit thicker than my 12 but it looks like they slimmed the bezel even further on it since. I love how easy setting up a new phone is with ios.

• Hype 2

1 minute ago, stepee said:

ITS HERE

It’s getting set up now but it really is a bit lighter! It’s a gorgeous thing and makes me wish I felt confident enough I wouldn’t drop it to go caseless. It’s a bit thicker than my 12 but it looks like they slimmed the bezel even further on it since. I love how easy setting up a new phone is with ios.

I would love to go case-less. But my case has saved my phone numerous times. I don’t use a case with my iPad. It’s gorgeous. 

• True 1

I ended up ordering a case for my new watch. It never fails that I end up scratching the glass. I prefer no case, but this one is pretty nice. 

I’ve always had a case on my phone. I drop it way too often. 

Always had a case for my iPad, too. I most use it for travel and I don’t want it getting scratched in my bag. 

8 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I ended up ordering a case for my new watch. It never fails that I end up scratching the glass. I prefer no case, but this one is pretty nice. 

I’ve always had a case on my phone. I drop it way too often. 

Always had a case for my iPad, too. I most use it for travel and I don’t want it getting scratched in my bag. 

Man the watch would be real hard for me to cover, it’s so pretty. I didn’t scratch my last watch but also didn’t use it as much as I think I will now. I’m gonna risk it though.

Ill get a keyboard case for the ipad pro but the regular ipad i have now I feel is fine to throw around. 

I just got the new Apple fine woven magsafe case and matching taupe magnetic wallet attachment for my phone and I gotta say it’s real nice. Best my phone has looked in a case in awhile. And I don’t think $60 is as ridiculous as some Apple pricing.

On 9/23/2023 at 2:00 PM, stepee said:

Gotta say first impressions of the current low end ipad is quite high. It’s quite premium feeling for a $400 tablet. Love having usbc, the new feel of it compared to the old base line ones, the screen looks about as nice as the ROG display (looking forward to oled hdr next year tho) and it’s the same chip as in my iphone12 which seems decent for the price. 4gb of ram however is a little disappointing for longevity purposes. I haven’t used one in awhile and I love having the widgets on the home screen, it’s all very clean.  USB-C also means I can plug my rokid glasses right into it and watch 3d movies on a large display. Speaking of it’s about 1” bigger than the old base model ipad too.

And this is just perfect for my elliptical

hlYCmKe.jpg

love it 

It'd hadn't occurred to me that the iPad lineup is now all USB-C. :thinking:

12 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I've never had any real problems with iPhone and I've had the 5, 6, 7, XR, and 12 Pro.

I'm not saying anything against Android, it's just personal preference, but when I ditched iPhone for a year in 2015 and got the Galaxy S6, that was the worst phone I ever had and it was because the battery was absolute shite.

If you had an iPhone 4 you would have learned there is a wrong way to hold a phone. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@Biggie they way overhyped this whole thing, the iphone isn’t ready for real console gaming yet - 300p with dips as low as 10fps and they say it performs better than Village! No idea what happened with the color grading either. I guess it mostly does perform at 30fps and it does use AI upscaling so it doesn’t look as bad as 300p, but it’s rough ass shit.

And we are talking about Capcom and their RE Engine, which doesn’t get much more optimized than that. They should have maybe waited this push out an iphone or two. I can’t imagine these go over well with this kind of performance.

Since this is based on the ps4 version it’s not matching up to a 12 year old console at 300p/30fps (with some bad drops) is that even really impressive in a “that it can run at all” sort of way?

It doesn’t seem like the gap between phones and consoles has really changed much. GTA San Andreas ran on iphone in 2013 - that was originally maxing out 2000 era hardware the same way this is maxing out 2012 era hardware - seems about the same. Definitely not any kind of breath through on display here. 

On the other hand GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition is out on mobile and free if you have netflix and those look pretty good and even have the lighting fixed from the console/pc versions to be more true to the original.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Well that sucks @stepee  Are there any console type games that you are able to play or are all of them like this?

There’s really only this and Village and Village is worth. The next will be Death Stranding and Ac Mirage but I wouldn’t hold my breath on those being any good. The GTA definitive remasters run pretty well on the 15pro and look nice but that’s about it besides like Genshin Impact lol. They made a big deal out of nothing as far as I can see.