OMG APPLE HURRY UP

stepee

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

For real. I guess I don't know how to define them. They're...moderate? You mostly see them when you get a glare. Nothing that actually affects the viewing for functionality.

Yeah I would THINK that kind would be okay but I could see how taking it in might be more likely that they are less strict in person.

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yeah I would THINK that kind would be okay but I could see how taking it in might be more likely that they are less strict in person.

Ehhh, maybe I'll just make an appointment at the store for next week. I don't want to deal with a potential headache right around the time I'm leaving for my trip.

• True 1

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Ehhh, maybe I'll just make an appointment at the store for next week. I don't want to deal with a potential headache right around the time I'm leaving for my trip.

Yeah just because of that aspect I would too. Hope you get it! My apple watch is a 3 and I stopped using it much once covid hit and now it has some issue updating or something I don’t want to solve. But either way this is going to be a huge upgrade for me, excited to see the display and I’m sure the battery has improved over the last 6 years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yeah just because of that aspect I would too. Hope you get it! My apple watch is a 3 and I stopped using it much once covid hit and now it has some issue updating or something I don’t want to solve. But either way this is going to be a huge upgrade for me, excited to see the display and I’m sure the battery has improved over the last 6 years.

I wonder if stores have issues with selling out quickly.

14 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I wonder if stores have issues with selling out quickly.

I feel like if they felt supply was going to be an issue they’d set a day for the launch rather than them being just out there to preorder right now. But also that means more will have sold by then..Maybe you can go to the store before it’s out and trade in/preorder there?

Got my watch in today! I just got it set up so I haven’t played with it too much yet but it certainly looks nice. I also tested and the display is just big enough i can reasonably type on the keypad now.

The screen is beautiful and bright AF but I don’t like the ambiant light adjustment you can’t turn off on it. Apparently all watch models have been like this since they added always on, and I get it, but I wish you could turn it off. On the other hand it’s fine and most of the time in that kind of lighting you would want it dimmer (like in a movie theater) but I don’t like not having the option.

Mostly I’m just really happy it has orange accents Oh and I really like the new snoopy watch face! I’m sure @CastlevaniaNut18 will be rocking that one.

Im going to have a lotttt to learn over the next  bit as it seems a lot has changed with what these can do over the last 6 years.

Also I went to Best Buy and went a little silly and got the current apple 4ktv for my bedroom and also the current regular ipad. I want to get a pro but not until next year whenever the oled ones come out but also I want one now to place in front of my elliptical so I figure I’ll use this for a bit then give it to my niece.

I just got a 64gb one because I don’t plan to use it for long and I wanted to keep it cheap and honestly with everything in icloud it’s not that bad, I have all I need and a decent amount of games. I actually wanted to get last years model to make it real cheap but this one is usb c.

48 minutes ago, stepee said:

Got my watch in today! I just got it set up so I haven’t played with it too much yet but it certainly looks nice. I also tested and the display is just big enough i can reasonably type on the keypad now.

The screen is beautiful and bright AF but I don’t like the ambiant light adjustment you can’t turn off on it. Apparently all watch models have been like this since they added always on, and I get it, but I wish you could turn it off. On the other hand it’s fine and most of the time in that kind of lighting you would want it dimmer (like in a movie theater) but I don’t like not having the option.

Mostly I’m just really happy it has orange accents Oh and I really like the new snoopy watch face! I’m sure @CastlevaniaNut18 will be rocking that one.

Im going to have a lotttt to learn over the next  bit as it seems a lot has changed with what these can do over the last 6 years.

Also I went to Best Buy and went a little silly and got the current apple 4ktv for my bedroom and also the current regular ipad. I want to get a pro but not until next year whenever the oled ones come out but also I want one now to place in front of my elliptical so I figure I’ll use this for a bit then give it to my niece.

I just got a 64gb one because I don’t plan to use it for long and I wanted to keep it cheap and honestly with everything in icloud it’s not that bad, I have all I need and a decent amount of games. I actually wanted to get last years model to make it real cheap but this one is usb c.

Nice. I forgot, did you get the regular series 9 or Ultra? I ordered my series 9, supposed to arrive next week. I saw the Snoopy face and I'm excited about it. :p

• Hype 1

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Nice. I forgot, did you get the regular series 9 or Ultra? I ordered my series 9, supposed to arrive next week. I saw the Snoopy face and I'm excited about it. :p

I went with the Ultra 2 - I just wanted the bigger screen, haven’t even looked what else is different yet!

59 minutes ago, stepee said:

Holy shit bro! Enjoy your new Apple stuff. That watch sounds awesome. As does the TV. And iPad. Hell it all sounds fucking awesome lol. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I have such small wrists, the bigger watches look goofy on me. I just went with the 41mm. Ultra does sound nice, but too big for me.

Yeah, that makes sense, I know women’s watches are typically smaller, which actually kinda makes it odd that isn’t a smaller “ultra” version.

Gotta say first impressions of the current low end ipad is quite high. It’s quite premium feeling for a $400 tablet. Love having usbc, the new feel of it compared to the old base line ones, the screen looks about as nice as the ROG display (looking forward to oled hdr next year tho) and it’s the same chip as in my iphone12 which seems decent for the price. 4gb of ram however is a little disappointing for longevity purposes. I haven’t used one in awhile and I love having the widgets on the home screen, it’s all very clean.  USB-C also means I can plug my rokid glasses right into it and watch 3d movies on a large display. Speaking of it’s about 1” bigger than the old base model ipad too.

And this is just perfect for my elliptical

hlYCmKe.jpg

love it 

• Hype 1

@Biggie It didn’t actually ship yet. All I have is a note saying they got my order and the status page that tells me to expect it to ship between September 22-October 6th. Thats it, doesn’t say who it will ship from and it hasn’t even been updated to show that it obviously will not ship on the 22nd.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

@Biggie It didn’t actually ship yet. All I have is a note saying they got my order and the status page that tells me to expect it to ship between September 22-October 6th. Thats it, doesn’t say who it will ship from and it hasn’t even been updated to show that it obviously will not ship on the 22nd.

Very strange. Does every Apple upgraded phone do this or just the 15?

1 hour ago, stepee said:

At least you'll have a nice hand warmer for the fall and winter. 

• True 1

7 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Very strange. Does every Apple upgraded phone do this or just the 15?

Usually I get them release date if I order the same day as pre orders go up. I ordered at about 9am, I didn’t think it would be an issue. Them not updating whatsoever or giving my any shipment information seems like an ATT issue more than an Apple issue.

• True 1

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Of course my watch arrived 20 minutes after I had to leave for work. 

that’s how it always goes. If it’s something I really want, UPS takes their time delivering. 

Yupp. Like if you are going to be worried they will leave it at the front door for porch bandits.